IGNORED

What operating systems is bB available for?

SeaGtGruff

Does anyone know what operating systems bB is available for? I mean, I know it's available for Windows, and the C source can be compiled for Unix and Linux. And if I remember correctly, a while back someone posted that they had ported it to the Mac OS (although I don't know if that port has been kept up to date). Are there any other ports that anyone knows about?

Michael Rideout

a while back someone posted that they had ported it to the Mac OS (although I don't know if that port has been kept up to date).

990083[/snapback]

bB was and is developed in OSX under gcc. But I release DOS/Windows executables compiled under DJGPP since probably 95% of computers out there can run them. But anyway, if anyone wants to build bB from source in OSX/gcc, it will compile just fine.

I think someone was working on a Mac OSX IDE, though, but it seems to have turned to vaporware.

I have a Powerbook... to get bB, I have to build it? Any chance of a binary release in the future? Nothing wrong with the status quo, past the fact that building things can be a pain sometimes. Just asking :)

...I didn't know you were a fellow Mac user :D

I have a Powerbook... to get bB, I have to build it? Any chance of a binary release in the future? Nothing wrong with the status quo, past the fact that building things can be a pain sometimes. Just asking :)

991015[/snapback]

I could. Though there would be no fancy .dmg, just a .tar.gz. I don't even know how to make a .dmg.

991015[/snapback]

I could. Though there would be no fancy .dmg, just a .tar.gz. I don't even know how to make a .dmg.

991072[/snapback]

I can make a .dmg file for you, complete with a custom finder window that opens when the disk image is mounted, with a "Drag to Application Folder" message. I could even put together an installer using the standard OS X installer, which I've done for commercial applications (and a batari Basic installer would be easier than those).

..Al

991015[/snapback]

991072[/snapback]

I can make a .dmg file for you, complete with a custom finder window that opens when the disk image is mounted, with a "Drag to Application Folder" message. I could even put together an installer using the standard OS X installer, which I've done for commercial applications (and a batari Basic installer would be easier than those).

..Al

991104[/snapback]

That would be great! I wouldn't need anything complicated, just something that can put all of the files in one place and opens a README file that contains Mac-specific concerns. bB is strictly command-line right now, so you run a shell script that invokes several programs (preprocessor, compiler, linker, and assembler) that build the binary, and I imagine that some Mac users aren't too hip with the Terminal program, so a brief primer might be a good idea...

• 6 months later...