emkay

krupkaj

devwebcl

pseudografx

doctorclu

vdub_bobby

goochman 

Zybex

What a controversal... last week one of my most beloved A8 games "Encounter"...

This week "Zybex" is to play...one of the most crap playing games.

Example: While you fly over a token, you have to find the right spot, to collect it.

But, if a shot from the enemy is "miles away" , you cannot move the protagonist to escape the shot, if the game doesn't want it... and you lose a life, even if the shot never hits "you"...

The "best": If you have collected shooting with a higher rate, you don't see the shots from the enemy, because they have the same colours and the player shots are always over the enemy shots....crap....crap...crap

I hate this game. The only good is the Soundtrack.

So here one (and only) score to take part:

I take it you dont enjoy this game emkay?

:D

993393[/snapback]

Some games never will be better when getting older :D

Edit:

I tried the C64 version.

Almost all bad things of the A8 Version are still not there.

You fly over a token and it is easily to collect.

If a shot from the enemies is to close, the protagonist is outliving it.

You always see the enemy shots.

And, you can move between shots when in the A8 version a sudden death is guaranteed.

The game on the C64 is even as challenging without those bugs, by a better level design/enemy movement.

Having a look at the first level, you see some enemies which you cannot kill, because they are inside the level graphics where you cannot move in, without losing a live.

On the C64 you see a different leveldesign, making it able to kill all enemies.

Heck.... on the C64 you think, it is a different game at all.

IMHO, Zybex was released in an unfinished state on the A8.

Edited by emkay

What a controversal... last week one of my most beloved A8 games "Encounter"...

This week "Zybex" is to play...one of the most crap playing games.

Example: While you fly over a token, you have to find the right spot, to collect it.

But, if a shot from the enemy is "miles away" , you cannot move the protagonist to escape the shot, if the game doesn't want it... and you lose a life, even if the shot never hits "you"...

The "best": If you have collected shooting with a higher rate, you don't see the shots from the enemy, because they have the same colours and the player shots are always over the enemy shots....crap....crap...crap

I hate this game. The only good is the Soundtrack.

I can't agree at all. Zybex is one of the best games on A8. Crap? Never!!! It has cool gfx and msx, it has very fast display engine and it's funny to play! Especially for two players! 10/10 in my opinion.

Yes, there's not pixel precison when taking tokens and it's difficult to see bullets but the reason is very simple: there're no more colours in used $0d antic mode. It's all about practise, Emkay!

F.

Edited by _Fandal_

Yes, there's not pixel precison when taking tokens and it's difficult to see bullets but the reason is very simple: there're no more colours in used $0d antic mode. It's all about practise, Emkay!

F.

993748[/snapback]

The shots are the same colour on the C64 aswell, but you see the shape of them, which would even be possible in the A8 version.

F.

993748[/snapback]

The shots are the same colour on the C64 aswell, but you see the shape of them, which would even be possible in the A8 version.

993749[/snapback]

I'm not fimiliar with C64 and I never saw it. May be it's better. But A8 version isn't crap for sure.

F.

I'm not fimiliar with C64 and I never saw it. May be it's better. But A8 version isn't crap for sure.

F.

993753[/snapback]

I'm not talking about better or worse. I'm talking about real bugs in the game which makes some parts of the game unplayable.

Ofcourse, you can manage to fly through all levels, but you cannot solve it at all due to heavy design bugs.

Having a look at Encounter, you see the game is always fair. A shot that can kill you, even can kill the enemy.

F.

993753[/snapback]

I'm not talking about better or worse. I'm talking about real bugs in the game which makes some parts of the game unplayable.

Ofcourse, you can manage to fly through all levels, but you cannot solve it at all due to heavy design bugs.

Having a look at Encounter, you see the game is always fair. A shot that can kill you, even can kill the enemy.

993756[/snapback]

Zybex is playable. I finished it countless times with my brother on real HW (without any cheating). But you're right, it's probably unplayable for one player (I never managed to finish it in solo mode).

BTW. Did you try Zybex II or III? These versions are trully unplayable!

F.

Edited by _Fandal_

Zybex is playable. I finished it countless times with my brother on real HW (without any cheating). But you're right, it's probably unplayable for one player (I never managed to finish it in solo mode).

Here is one of the most obvious bugs I'm talking about

6 enemies... how will you kill them?

F.

993759[/snapback]

No, I had enough from the original one ;)

Here is one of the most obvious bugs I'm talking about

6 enemies... how will you kill them?

F.

993759[/snapback]

No, I had enough from the original one ;)

993762[/snapback]

Why do you call it bug? OK. From time to time you can't kill all enemies or get all tokens and weapons, but it's not necessary to finish the game itself. Or can you always get everything in C64 version?

F.

You don't need to collect or shoot everything either... I completed the game several times and it's very playable. You get loads of extra lives and there's nothing impossible at all...

IMO, the Atari version is more playable despite the color problem. The C64 release may have some extras but the collision detection is a bit off.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Why do you call it bug? OK. From time to time you can't kill all enemies or get all tokens and weapons, but it's not necessary to finish the game itself. Or can you always get everything in C64 version?

F.

993765[/snapback]

Think about the picture and the movement of the enemies is fixed to the relative position of the level graphics....

You see, you have the chance to kill them.

I used two screenshots to demonstrate, that the enemies are moving in the half speed of the level, so you have multiple chances to get rid of them.

Heck.... if someone is copying the Leveldata, he should make the game engine doing the same as with the original.

F.

993765[/snapback]

Think about the picture and the movement of the enemies is fixed to the relative position of the level graphics....

You see, you have the chance to kill them.

I used two screenshots to demonstrate, that the enemies are moving in the half speed of the level, so you have multiple chances to get rid of them.

Heck.... if someone is copying the Leveldata, he should make the game engine doing the same as with the original.

993779[/snapback]

OK. C64 version is different from ours. But I still love A8 version!

F.

You don't need to collect or shoot everything either... I completed the game several times and it's very playable. You get loads of extra lives and there's nothing impossible at all...

IMO, the Atari version is more playable despite the color problem. The C64 release may have some extras but the collision detection is a bit off.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

993768[/snapback]

Uaaaahahahaha. You're right, you're right! One can finish this great game in solo mode as well! I've just done it for the very first time in my life (with two lives left) and I'm sooooo happy!!! :) :) :)

My final score: 172,600.

F.

post-5049-1136382263_thumb.jpg

post-5049-1136382275_thumb.jpg