Goal

Deadline

Alternate Reality The City

Normal - Backups allowed

Highest Experience

12/31/2006

Player

Score

You can suggest additional Bonus Contests here - please post your scores here as well.

For the Alternate Reality Contests - please only post scores when you've achieved some real milestones or you are done playing. Id like to keep this thread under 50 pages by years end :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this excellent forum through Mark Taw's site, I love Alternate Reality and wanted to get in on this fun and exciting competition. After PM'ing Goochman to verify my desire to participate, Goochman requested I post an image to see where I am at. Here I am at Der Rathskeller stopping in for a Brew. D&P ran out of water flasks... what suspiscious characters running the shoppe, eh? Any ways, I couldn't help myself from playing for hours on end, so in 24 hours I have already worked my way up to Level 4, sah-weet!

atari004.jpg

Kinda boring images, but I also have Level 0, Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. Cheers!

-Steve

Alright! One week later, I have essentially beaten the game at Level 9 (though I had all the required items and ability to get to the Control Room at Level 8 ). At Level 9, I just tried to take on the Great Wyrm without success, though I learned a lot of good tactics for a future battle. Maybe I shall wait until one more level up before trying again.

Currently, I am a member of the Paladin's Guild which I choose for the Level Two recharge and conveniet drop box location. I lost my Crystal Breastplate to a devourer :x and did not want to use a previous back up, so just slapped down 70 gems/jewels for Truesiler Coat (which I had already sold the one I got from the Hall of Monsters!). I have half a dozen Gold Horns :) but some of them are duds and I do not know which ones are yet :( Working on building up my Crystal supplies so I will not need to worry about bad horns.

Essentially, the only two creatures I fear are the devourer and Great Wyrm, everything else is child's play (oh yea, slime and mold I run away from ;) ). Casting the spells Protection, Shield, and Stregnth make my character near invincible I will play a few more levels and go for the Great Wyrm before posting some final stats. I think I can make at least level 12 before getting bored! :D Here is Leve 9 at the Gauntlet which I went through in short order:

atari009.jpg

Level 5, Level 6, Level 7, and Level 8.

Edited by riverc0il

• 7 months later...