IGNORED

Help! Broken Joystick

Please help. During a vigorous Outlaw session, my friend snapped the joystick lever clear off. It turns out that it screws in, and I was able to disassemble the thing and get the threads that remained inside out.

Now my problem is finding a replacement 'stick'. I don't need the whole joystick proper, just the screw in part. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

During a vigorous Outlaw session, my friend snapped the joystick lever clear off.
Jeepers, that's pretty dang vigorous...
Now my problem is finding a replacement 'stick'. I don't need the whole joystick proper, just the screw in part.

The cheapest fix would be to tell your friend to buy you another CX-## joystick off of Ebay.

Edited by ls650

Do you mean a CX-10 or a CX-40?  The CX-10 is the original 1977 controller, and from what I understand it's pretty hard to find.  The CX-40 was the later model and can still be commonly found at a good price.

997510[/snapback]

yep, thats what i meant. then again, if he can make his friend buy him the 77's....by all means. :D

They tend to come loose when I use them. I'm thinking of taking the opportunity to make different handles, like some that are shorter with a 1" knob on top. I still have one of my orig 1978 sticks that I did this to back in 1980-ish and it works great.

You may want to take it to a hardware store and see what (if any) threads fit it.

I must be tough on Flashback sticks, 'cause I snapped the stick off of one (leaving the threaded part broken off in the base) and another one works, but sounds like a maracca, because the little plastic tabs around the edge of the plastic part that presses the contacts inside have broken.

May be just as easy t get another FB2. you get two new sticks for prices comparable to or better than you might find for used sticks on Ebay, and a new console to boot.