IGNORED

Beer 21

yuppicide

Here's a good game idea I'd like to see ported to the 2600.. it's not my idea.. I just made this crapily Photoshopped jpg and will describe the game to you.. it's really simple, addictive, and I play it a lot:

beer21.jpg

Okay to describe my picture (the real game if someone ever made would have better pics of course):

1 - Top yellow/white thing would be beers that come out.

2 - Below that are columns where you stack the beers. There's 5 columns and you can stack up to 5 beers on each column. The blue spots are to show the totals for the column.

3 - On bottom are bartaps.

4 - On the right hand side are score numbers. You must get 97 or higher to get any score for that round.

5 - Above the right hand numbers, the blue box is for your total of all 5 columns.

6 - Above that is a SPILL button. I wrote PASS by mistake, but it's supposed to say SPILL.

7 - I forgot to add a spot on screen for a timer.

8 - Also forgot to add a take score button.

Here's the gameplay:

You get three rounds to make as many points as possible. As stated before you must make 97 or higher to get any score for that round.

The bartender pours beers one at a time at the top of the screen. They will have a random number on them. Numbers available are 2-10. They're all light colored beers, similar in color to what I've drawn. Sometimes a dark beer will come out. This can have a value of either 1 or 11.

The idea of the game is drop the beers in the 5 columns and you have to get as close to 21 without going over. The maximum number of beers you can put in one column are 5.

If you do not want to use a beer or don't have a spot for it, you may pass SPILL once during a round. This will spill the current beer and bring out a new one.

Once you make all your 5 columns you press the take score button. If your total for all 5 columns equals 97 or higher you get points based on how much time is left on the clock.

Scoring is as follows:

If your total is 97, the bonus is 50.

Total 98, bonus 100.

Total 99, bonus 150.

Total 100, bonus 200.

Total 101, bonus 250.

Total 102, bonus 300.

Total 103, bonus 400.

Total 104, bonus 500.

Total 105, bonus 1000.

The total of your 5 columns shows what bonus you get. The bonus is multiplied by the time left on the clock to get your score for that round. Three rounds are added together to get your final score.

So let's do an example:

1 - You go over 21 in any column.. your round is over. No points for you that round!

2 - Your time runs out.. your round is over. No points for you that round!

3 - Your total for 5 colums = 97 and there's 15 seconds left on the clock. You would get 50 x 97 which equals 4850 points for that round.

-- of course the bartaps can be cutout if necessary since they really serve no purpose just to make the game look cool.

Edited by yuppicide