IGNORED

Playstation Yaroze 2006

DEBRO

Hi there,

I believe this belongs in this forum.

How did I miss this :? :sad:

http://www.dexigner.com/digital/news-g5700.html

Has the Sony site been launched yet?

Have you ever kicked yourself for passing up an opportunity? I bought a PSX when it was released in 1995 so I paid $300 for the unit. Not too long after that Sony announced the Yaroze. You could get this system for $750. At the time I didn't do it because I already spent $300 on the PSX. Man I wish I would have bought it! I was single at the time and wouldn't have been a big deal to drop $750 on this.

Oh well, water under the bridge now. I do wish I still had one. I have downloaded the PDF manuals from the web, have my original PSX chipped, and have the info to do Yaroze work on my preset PSX but there's nothing like having the original.

"team members must be 18 years of age or over and living in Japan. "

I have a chipped PSX, Yaroze, Caetla, EZORAY and a whole lotta dev stuff for the PSX. I wish I had more time to work on that back in the day (or even now).

but there's nothing like having the original.

EZORAY and Caetla were better than Yaroze where you had slower serial transfer rates and a watered down library from Sony...

EDITED to add offer -> If you need any info/routines help with PSX development just ask.

Edited by djmips

Here are some links that cover the basics if you are interested in trying to develop for the actual PS1 hardware. You may find some success in developing for an emulator as well although, I don' t have an emulator and don't know of a good one. I just fished these from Google and although I remember some of these from back in the day, I haven't tried the compiler below and I didn't find an actual ROM image for Caetla or EZORAY.

Documentation

PSX Docs

Libraries

Libraries

Info on flashing an Action Replay or Gameshark including the source to Caetla.

Playstation - AR ROM Write Demo Source

Tools to build for Playstation One

Compiler and Binutils