IGNORED

what arcade game to 2600, 5200,7800 systems

8th lutz

what arcade game needs to be on 2600,5200,7800?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. what arcade game needs to be on 2600,5200,7800?

• moon cresta
    • Mr. driller
    • mappy
    • gapus
    • trog
    • snow brothers
    • yie ar kung fu
    • Shao-lin's Road
    • mabble madness
    • S F-X
    • Tom's strike-back
    • Frisky tom

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Have to pick one not all of them. I know it is difficult. I tried to do some game that are logical for all 3 systems.

I know there is a prototype of frisky tom for 5200. I made a mistake on gapus it is called gaplus. There will be other arcade games mention on a another poll. I picked mr. driller. I am not doing any homebrew games, I am doing this poll for fun and there might be a programmer that might consider doing one of these games I have on the poll.

Edited by 8th lutz

I forgot to describe some of the games.

moon cresta- same type of a game as galaxian except for enemies

mr. driller- think dig dug,but with air capsules and drill throw the ground along with drilling threw boxes.

gaplus-related to galaxian and galaga. Same type of shooter but having the ability to go down on some levels.

trog-dinosaurs that collect eggs in a pac-man maze in prehistoric times. has caveman, wheels, bonus levels and power ups.

snow brothers-similar to bubble bouble, except with snowman

yie ar kung fu-head to fighting game

S F-X-shooter and plays like moon cresta

Shao-lin's Road- martial arts games that has you clear each level and stage.

Tom's strike-back - sequal to frisky tom. doesn't have a shower scene.

Edited by 8th lutz

I couldn't really vote... the only ones I've played are Mappy and Marble Madness, and I could do without either of them. I haven't even heard of most of these games!!! Where'd this list come from?!

1007002[/snapback]

Some of these games are not well known. I had a chance to play trog, mr. driller and snow brothers in the arcade. Some of these games didn't come out of japan. I choose some of the others by classic arcade game collections that I own on playstation one. Mr. Driller came out in 1999 or 2000. Trog and snow brothers came out in the late 80's or early 90's.

I played moon cresta, Frisky Tom,S F-X, and Tom's strike-back on a arcade collection called Nichibutsu arcade classics for playstation one and it is only for japan. Shao-Lin's Road and yie ar Kung fu came Konami arcade classics for playstation one. Gaplus, and mappy came from Namco Museum 2 for playstation one. I played marble madness on may game systems and enjoyed it.

Edited by 8th lutz

Hi there!

You gotta realize I've been thinking about Moon Cresta for the 2600 for at least the past 25 years :D

I like the (hack? / sequel?) a lot better, that is called "Moon Quasar" or so :)

Greetings,

Manuel

1007110[/snapback]

:?

Point me to that Manuel, please :D

Hi there!

Point me to that Manuel, please :D

The romset is "moonqsr", if you browse MAME chronologically, it's in the 1980 branch, the one just under Moon Cresta :)

Greetings,

Manuel

1007338[/snapback]

Ohhh.. the arcade version. I misunderstood and thought you meant that there was a hack/port to the 2600 of the game already. :(

I recomend playing snow brothers to see what I am talking about. It is on the nes. I played the nes and the arcade versions. The 2 snowman jump from one ledge to another ledge on the same screen. It is one of the game games that you have to kill enimies in order to go to the level. The snow brothers shoot snow to the enemies and they turn into a huge snowball and you push it of a ledge. Getting the rom of it is the best way to play it without mame.

I don't know nothing about kernels or programing. I went by the way the 2 games played. Booth games do have ledges and similar in concept. The difference is in levels. I think snow brothers has 50 levels and Bubble Bobble has more than that. Most of the one of the two games should be able to be hacked into another.

Edited by 8th lutz

The romset is "moonqsr", if you browse MAME chronologically, it's in the 1980 branch, the one just under Moon Cresta :)
Ohhh.. the arcade version. I misunderstood and thought you meant that there was a hack/port to the 2600 of the game already. :(

Oh, yes I meant the Arcades. Moon Quasar seemed a lot more playable and IIRC it also had more/different docking sequences.

Greetings,

Manuel