IGNORED

7800 high score cartidge

bcprs1

Anyone know if these are still available and where to get one?

Also, for people that have them?  Do you find you actually use it or is it more of something you just have as part of your collection?

1007128[/snapback]

You use it for sure, first series of 7800 games and all recent hack

homebrews for the 7800 can use it. If you find more than one give me a hollar!! :)

They can be had boxed for two grand on ebay.  Serious--Stop Shop and Go charges that for them.

I think that's a little high, but I'm not sure as I haven't been shopping for one.

1009388[/snapback]

Thats not high, the seller is. 2k is WAY over priced. $100 to $200 is market value. Not bad seeing as it was only what $60 to $70 to buy it new not that long ago before they sold out? Damn I wish I had one.

What!?!?! $2K for a box HSC? Thats absurd!!! I know I've still got a few in my old box from when I developed those back in 99' I promised one to PacManPlus, let me see how many I have and if I have enough cases, the only things I don't have are labels and boxes, perhaps George Reese would be willing to make some new runs of 2006 "whats left over in the box" versions ;-)

Let me check down in the office tomorrow and see how many I have, there have to be like 5-10 left over, lemme check.

Curt

They can be had boxed for two grand on ebay.  Serious--Stop Shop and Go charges that for them.

I think that's a little high, but I'm not sure as I haven't been shopping for one.

1009388[/snapback]

Thats not high, the seller is. 2k is WAY over priced. $100 to $200 is market value. Not bad seeing as it was only what $60 to $70 to buy it new not that long ago before they sold out? Damn I wish I had one.

1009394[/snapback]

Hey Curt

Thanks! :)

If you still have the templates, I'll gladly make the labels and print them and send them to you.

Even if you don't - I can get close enough with what I have. Just let me know whether or not you have the template, and I'll print them and send them to you. (If you want - just want to help) :)

Bob

Hi Bob,

Let me see what I have on file, the design certainly needs to be updated and I think it would be a good idea to have these cart labels to show a slightly different look so everyone knows that they are a later batch released out.

Curt

Hey Curt

Thanks! :)

If you still have the templates, I'll gladly make the labels and print them and send them to you.

Even if you don't - I can get close enough with what I have.  Just let me know whether or not you have the template, and I'll print them and send them to you.  (If you want - just want to help) :)

Bob

1009836[/snapback]

That would be awesome...I still need a label for the one I got from Curt at my show last year.

Speaking of the HSC Curt...mine exhibits some odd behaviour. For starters with a fresh battery in it, it will still sometimes ask me to personalize the cart. I do that and all is good until I plug the cart out of the 7800. Then plug it back in with a different game and it will come up fine, but then when asked to enter the high score, it will lock up. Doesn't always happen, but when it does, the personalization on the cart is out of whack and I have to take out the battery and put it back in again.

Any ideas?

Also does the cart do anything at all when only it is plugged in? I can't get anything out of it until I have a cart plugged into it.

Hmmmm,

Could be bad SRAM... I had used GCC's original design as I wanted to keep it authentic, I have actually wanted to do a totally new design with nvram and smd it all and make it a lot more modern and more reliable then the originals I did 7 years ago (damn its been THAT long ago?!?!?)

Well, I found "THE BOX O' HSC's...."

post-23-1138678814_thumb.jpg

Curt

That would be awesome...I still need a label for the one I got from Curt at my show last year.

Speaking of the HSC Curt...mine exhibits some odd behaviour. For starters with a fresh battery in it, it will still sometimes ask me to personalize the cart. I do that and all is good until I plug the cart out of the 7800. Then plug it back in with a different game and it will come up fine, but then when asked to enter the high score, it will lock up. Doesn't always happen, but when it does, the personalization on the cart is out of whack and I have to take out the battery and put it back in again.

Any ideas?

Also does the cart do anything at all when only it is plugged in? I can't get anything out of it until I have a cart plugged into it.

1009917[/snapback]

I'm loving that memcard, very slick!!!

Well, I just finished getting bombarded with PM's and emails for the HSC's... here is the deal:

I'm gonna need a week, I'm going to send Bob over some of my old graphics files for the cable label and see if he can spruce it up into something nice and I need to go through all these carts, they appear to be a mix of rev 2's and rev 3.1's... on the Rev 2's I need to add a cap and a resistor across a few components to make that equivalent to the 3.1 rev's which had the part placements integrated onto the boards.

What I am thinking about doing is asking anyone who is interested in helping me, as I just don't have enough hours in the day, does someone want to redo the original GCC HSC design, but with nvram and eliminate the battery and update this design?

If so, email or PM me. I had given Chad Schell the info and materials so he could put the HSC into his CC2's but I'd like to see a standalone unit and maybe one with RAM as well put together, I'm just trying to focus on a few things and continue to put in the time on the 7800 keyboard, so I just don't have enough time to also do a new HSC as well.

Curt

Same here; I'm working on some 7800 projects and would love to add support for the HSC as well as the MemCard/AtariVox in my games.  I've sent a PM as well.

1009970[/snapback]

Just the 10 that I have here in the box for now, maybe the newer versions later in the year, but thats a maybe, no for certain. These are the same cost as the orig's - $60 which seems fair, new labels, I'll print up manuals, but sorry, no boxes this time around.

Curt

How many are going to be available this time around? I'd like to have one as well, but methinks I might be a little late getting in on this.

1010110[/snapback]

Hi Harry,

Yup, first I think 20-30 I shipped I did in a hang-tag style like the old homebrews of the 80's were done, then later on I got fancy ;-)

Curt

Yes, I remember that Mike Stulir did a review of the HSC on the Back In Time site in which he included pictures of the plastic bag packages. He must have gotten one of the first ones.