IGNORED

Gloss InkJet Labels for Atari 2600/5200/7800 Carts

8bitclassics

I am hoping this is the right area :)

Anyway, I am proud to announce that besides our Gloss Laser Labels for Atari carts, we soon will have Gloss InkJet labels for Atari cartridges. We are expecting these to be delivered by mid-February. As the material is more expensive to produce the label stock, they are a bit more expensive than the laser labels. Below, please find the link and price breakdowns.

http://www.8bitclassics.com/index.php?cPath=24_28_140

Gloss Laser Label Cost Breakdown

Price each $1.25

Price for 10pk $10.00

Price for 100pk $90.00

Gloss InkJet Label Cost Breakdown

Price each $1.50

Price for 10pk $12.50

Price for 100pk $100.00

Until we receive them, we will have the labels on pre-order special for the same cost as our Laser Labels.

If you have any questions, please PM, reply here or email me at corey@8bitclassics.com.

Thanks,

Corey

I am hoping this is the right area :)

Anyway, I am proud to announce that besides our Gloss Laser Labels for Atari carts, we soon will have Gloss InkJet labels for Atari cartridges.  We are expecting these to be delivered by mid-February.  As the material is more expensive to produce the label stock, they are a bit more expensive than the laser labels.  Below, please find the link and price breakdowns.

http://www.8bitclassics.com/index.php?cPath=24_28_140

Gloss Laser Label Cost Breakdown

Price each $1.25

Price for 10pk $10.00

Price for 100pk $90.00

Gloss InkJet Label Cost Breakdown

Price each $1.50

Price for 10pk $12.50

Price for 100pk $100.00

Until we receive them, we will have the labels on pre-order special for the same cost as our Laser Labels. 

If you have any questions, please PM, reply here or email me at corey@8bitclassics.com.

Thanks,

Corey

1010346[/snapback]

Wait how will this work for me say I just one one label for each game I made like 10 to 20 diffent label art from 2600 The Last Starfighter to 5200 Donkey Kong? Do I have to buy 10 of the same game labels?

No, you can have upto 4 different labels per sheet. The Avery Label Pro that I use for printing (and I have instructions for) allows you to print however you want (all the same, couple the same, print one now, save the rest for later, or print all different). With laser printing, you can only send the label sheet thru a few times. So if say you wanted to print 1 top label and 1 end label at a time, there would be a total of 8 times that it would need to send thru the printer. You would actually end up scorching the label material. I have gone thru 4 or 5 times without a problem myself with my printer. Now with an InkJet, this shouldn't be a proble as there is no heat.

Corey

Well, I was confirmed that they shipped already. So I might actually receive this week. I was told probably a week before they would ship. Anyway, I will run the special until the 14th of Feb.

Another question, would there be interest in clear or frosted cartridge labels? I would have to purchase new tooling for it which adds to the cost. But wasn't sure if there would be interest. Nothing like a clear label on a black cartridge :?

Corey

The only thing I can see using the clear/frosted labels for are the clear / red / blue 2600 cases. Other than that, there might not be a very high demand for them.

Clear Cases (hit 'NEXT' on that page to see Red / Blue)

(BTW Corey, I ordered two 10-packs of labels) :D

Edited by PacManPlus

• 3 weeks later...

We FINALLY received our supply after them shipping more laser labels. Orders are now shipping and if you preordered, you should be seeing yours any day now. I do apologize for the inconvenience. But I do wish my supplier was a bit more giving because of the screw up. They didn't express the order or anything.

Thanks,

Corey

8-Bit Classics

Just as a side note, Corey is *really* great at keeping up the communication. He basically let the pre-orderers know every step of the way what was happening, instead of just leaving us in the cold wondering what was going on. Kudos to him for that, and it is one of the reasons I will continue to buy from him. (Of course the other is just having a great product!) :)

Bob

Any chance you'll offer custom ColecoVision labels in the forseeable future? It would be nice, because I may be in a position to need such labels one day... :D

Of course, finding CV plastic cartridge casings might be another challenge altogether, since I can't imagine violating commercial carts... :P

Any chance you'll offer custom ColecoVision labels in the forseeable future? It would be nice, because I may be in a position to need such labels one day...  :D

Of course, finding CV plastic cartridge casings might be another challenge altogether, since I can't imagine violating commercial carts...  :P

1022221[/snapback]

Actually the 2600 labels fit the ColecoVision carts almost perfectly. They are short 1/8" and that is about it. Width is perfect. I haven't measured, but I think they might fit Activision carts also? Guess I will have to do that. As for getting them produced, I could, but would need a large amount of pre-orders as tooling/investment will take longer to recover than the 2600 labels which I still have done yet.

Corey

How durable are these glossy labels in terms of smearing? The reason I ask is because the used game shops at the local flea market charge like a buck a pop for the Atari 2600 games (well, two of them do), and one of them has SEVERAL labels that are in just horrid condition and seem to be begging for a "restoration" of sorts.

Thanks for the kind words PacManPlus! Hope you got your labels Ok finally?

As for smearing, just handling them (after you let the labels dry for a bit), is great. I haven't tried running water or anything on them personally though. I guess I could, but that is also why I started with the laser labels first as when those are printed, water won't smear them. When I get back to work, I will run some water on top of my sample print and see what happens. I would imagine it is based on ink also since they all aren't the same. I am printing on an Epson C320 InkJet.

Corey

Oh, and I apologize for the late response, I check the forums every couple days unless I get a notification, and for some reason, I am not receiving the notifications of new posts. Heavy traffic maybe?

Edited by 8bitclassics

I decided to create a example template in the new Paint .Net program that is available free for download at the following URL. .Net Framework 2.0 is required, so I think XP is required. I have also included two example images as an example. One is the Missile Command repro label, and second one is the same with a grey area that shows the area for keeping images and text within. Also attaching the full file to use with Paint .Net.

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/ <- to download Paint .Net

If you want to use another program, here are the dimensions of the label.

Label Itself: 828 x 1014 at 300 DPI.

With full Bleed area (to make sure you have a full print on the label): 975 x 1163 at 300 DPI.

Easiest thing to do is create the label at 828 x 1014, then change the Canvas size to the 975 x 1165. If you increase the Image size, it will just stretch out the image.

Anyway, if any questions, feel free to respond here, PM me, or email me at corey@8bitclassics.com.

Thanks,

Corey

post-6452-1141007202_thumb.jpg

post-6452-1141007220_thumb.jpg

A26_Label.zip