IGNORED

Just bought this 2600 cart on ebay

Michael the Great

:? I know nothing about atari. I'm a collector of Nintendo prototype carts, but I've never even owned an atari system. I saw an atari cart with an eprom auction and decided to bid. I kinda figured I wouldn't win since I bid pretty close to the bottom line. As you can see, there's only one bid on the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I really don't even know what I'm looking at. I only know it's a 2600 cart because the auction says it is. Is this an official 2600 dev cart or is it just someone's homebrew cart? It certainly looks like there was a second eprom at some time. Can these carts work with one eprom, or is this probably half a game? If there's anyone who knows anything else that may help a complete newbie to atari, I'd be apreciative.

I noticed that there didn't seem to be a window, but the guy had a bunch of eprom auctions and seemed to be knowledgable about eproms. I never asked specific questions because it was a small implulse bid and I didn't think I would win. I figure either: the hole is right above where we see, it's an otp eprom, the guy's a liar.

It was only 5 bucks and doesn't really matter, but I thought that I'd do some research while I wait for it to get here!

Has anyone seen this board anywhere else? Does the copyright symbol on the back with a 79 date this to the older end of the atari spectrum?

Thanks for any help you can give!

The part number says CO12953

1011090[/snapback]

Well Slot Machine is CX2653, maybe that's what this is?

Tempest

1011516[/snapback]

It's a computer PCB though, not a 2600 one. :ponder:

The CO number is the part number for the actual PCB, Atari never put game specific numbers onto the boards, it is not cost effective to make new PCB's for every game. ;)