IGNORED

hardcore nes collectors

I mainly collect for the 2600. However I do have a small collection of fifteen or so NES games. The NES has a special place in my heart, and I have fond memories of Metroid, Mega Man 2, Super Mario Bros 2, The Legend of Zelda, etc. The list goes on and on. Fortunately I now have most of the games that I want. When my 2600 collecting slows down I'll change my focus to the NES, but I want to keep that collection small of just the games I love. Yeah, famous last words. :D

The only thing I can think off hand of wanting right now is Mega Man 3 and Bionic Commando. Both are easy to get.

MegaManFan finished a NES collection IIRC.

I don't consider myself "hardcore," but when I was repacking games into nice, new totes and bins recently, I discovered I had around 400 distinct NES titles. I was buying them by the trash-bag full when Funcoland was selling lots of titles for 50 cents or less a few years ago, but... I had no idea I owned this many.

Shame I don't have time to actually play games much any more... it'd be nice to actually see what all of those games are like.

Yea I lived in NYC for all my life and I found many Nintendo game and consoles for years I got the first Nintneod that hit the US for the first time in 1985 with Rob packed in on 14th sthreet game store. And also in China Town there's stores that was selling Japanese imports from Famicom to todays DS here's a photo of just the Famicom with some of teh game carts. So yea even if I love all ATARI I still have Nintendo part of my life as well :D

From Left to Right is a Nintendo Console time line in the middle of the tabel:

myminigameroom1pb.th.jpg

My Famicom and games:

famicom024lv.th.jpg

famicom038ra.th.jpg

famicom042tj.th.jpg

More Nintendo stuff:

neslineup012qw.th.jpg

nescarts2dj.th.jpg

mynpmags5gu.th.jpg

I also am mainly about the Atari, love it from Combat to the new Homebrews but I also hold the NES dear to my heart, the NES is the system I think of when I think of my teen years, sittin around with my friends playin SMB and Zelda, I own around 100 NES titles, smaller than my Atari stuff but important to me nonetheless :cool:

yep, i got into NES collecting at the right time, about 5 years ago. back then you'd see it a lot more in thrifts, yardsales, fleas and of course funco. i had a thing for awhile where i'd buy big lots at yardsales and fleas then take the extra consoles and carts into funco for trade. by keeping a list on my palm pilot i was able to shop with certainty and pretty soon i filled a 7ft tall bookshelf with loose games. there are still about 100 US releases i need to be complete but i'm in no rush. i guess the crown jewel of my NES collecting is my playchoice 10 with 20 mini marquees and 14 games.

A good friend of mine (swlovinist on these boards) has every NES game ever made. Crazy. Half of 'em are boxed too.

I have about 250, mostly from movie store clearances. I don't forsee myself getting many more. I honestly don't play the thing much anymore.

I never got into collecting for the nes. As of right now though I only collect for cd based systems, I just got tired of dealing with dirty or junky carts. Plus since the nes boom started I have just seen outrageous prices on a lot of common nes carts. Though a local flea market sells the commons for a dollar and the rares depend on what game it is, but it's pretty much always reasonable.

When I did buy a lot of cart games I gues I just found the snes and genesis libraries more robust with more higher quality games. Most nes games not all of course but most, tunes feel like an assualt on the ears. Another reason I didn't do much buying for the nes. So it's a mix of bad pricing lack of games I want and lousy msuic that prevented me from truly enjoying the nes. I haven't played mine in months to be honest.

The NES will always be my #1 system. I've probably spent more time playing NES than doing just about anything else. That was the system I collected for first although I didn't know I was doing it at the time. Many of my best childhood memories involve renting Nintendo games on Friday. I'll miss that forever. I love Atari as well, but it will never have quite the same sentimental value.

• 5 months later...

im into nes 8 bit a little. ive got the goods but i need more boxes and instruction manuals.... im into to many games and systems to just collect for one system. i just recently found a studio II system and 10 games. 9 boxed and 1 loose cart. that system sucks ass, but i heard it was a good find. either way. my game library is well over 5500 games.......i still have to list my atari 2600 carts in my spreadsheet but i have almost 2000 of those. sure there are doubles and all but what does a harcore atari collector do when he has almost every one of the old atari games already, but buy more. sure there are boxes if you want to break your bank or you could move on to the home brews, but they cost too much.

i collect ps2 games and when you get a new ps2 game for 20 bucks or a new atari 2600 cart for 20 bucks i must say i have to be the first to complete the ps2 library so im gonna spend the 20 bucks on a ps2 game.

JUST TO MENTION.....nice feed on those stupid girl video game swimsuit things. dp did that a long time ago and i found out how gay they are so here is the atariage.... people are cooler here ....? right?????

IVE GOT NES MANUALS FOR TRADE IF ANYONE HERE TRADES FAIR...

PM ME

I managed to collect a complete "licensed" collection of loose NES games and then I started gunning for the unlicensed ones. Somewhere in the middle of that I lost interest, sold them all and concentrated solely on my 2600 collection. I think the main reason was Gamestop stopped carrying them and thats where I bought the majority of my games for cheap. I kept track of what I payed for each game and it all averaged out to around three bucks a game. I thought for sure I would regret selling them but its been over a year now and it hasn't bothered me. I'm sure someday I'll want to buy them all back.