IGNORED

NES Advantage

So, I bought an Advantage over the weekend - I always wanted one as a kid. Now, it's in pretty good shape, but the joystick feels "gritty" for lack of a better word, it just feels like there is some crap inside of it. Is the Advantage fairly user friendly to crack open and clean out - or if I open this are springs going to fly out at me and I'll never get it back together?

Just wanted to say that this is seriously one of the best designed/built joysticks ever made.

The Super Advantage was junk though...what a disappointment.

1014142[/snapback]

You're not kidding. I opened it up - cleaned the joystick (didn't do the buttons as there were nuts/washers I didn't want to bother with from the turbo knobs). But the thing is flawless. It works like a dream and it is just so solidly built. One of those things I always wanted that actually does live up to my expectations. Now I just need some type of glue to reattach its feet!

i suggest getting a small table to use if you sit on a couch, its somewhat draining to hold and putting it on a small table in front of you also gives you somewhat an arcady feel.

1014446[/snapback]

I usually use it in my lap. As you observed, the design doesn't lend itself to free-floating, but I rarely have a setup where a table of any sort is at a comfortable position.

I also tend to hook my thumb under the lip of the stick, which is... uncomfortable... if it's on a hard surface.

i suggest getting a small table to use if you sit on a couch, its somewhat draining to hold and putting it on a small table in front of you also gives you somewhat an arcady feel.

1014446[/snapback]

I suggest getting a small country to put it on. Not too small though, it won't fit. Mine's collecting dust... and possibly eating stray animals.