• I like it.
    • It's okay.
    • Neither here nor there.
    • It's not very good.
    • I don't care for it.
    • I hate it!
    • I don't have a job.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's ok...money is all right, and work from home, so can't complain too much.

Woop, first to vote, first to post!

1017756[/snapback]

("It's Okay")

The job I have (Army/Air Force Exchange Service) is moderately challenging, but I'm fairly highly regarded, so at the moment I am training and learning what I can. I figure it is only a matter of time before I am given a job for that next challenge level.

For now, I get my work done, and have time left over for some hanging out on Atariage. ;)

I love it. Had to find new hobbies, though, because since I'm not studying anymore but working as software developer I don't have the urge to work on software projects in my free time anymore (I used to spend a lot of time with that).

Well, I picked up paragliding and am thinking about taking karate lessons.

It's real good. I'm all by myself more or less on a single floor in a high rise building where I can take off my pants if I want to and still get paid the bucks.

However, since I'm planning on moving very soon.. I'll be giving notice to my boss that I'm leaving after 6 years here.

I like it.

It involves computers, I feel wanted and needed, and I get lots of time during the day to goof off at AtariAge keep my skills honed for today's ever-changing market!

There are other things I'd rather be doing, but really, those jobs don't exist anymore. So, I'll stick it out here.

I start graduate school this summer though, so I guess I should be thankful my job isn't very demanding :)

1018414[/snapback]

I'm in the same sort of situation. I am a graduate student and am not making enough money as a GA to pay my bills, but my job gives me the supplemental income I need and is flexible enough to work around my school schedule. Even though the work can be a little frustrating sometimes (I'm a part-time network admin and computer tech, with some development sprinkled in), it isn't too demanding and doesn't leave me without any energy for my studies. I have to be thankful for that, and that it's at least in my field of choice; some of my classmates are having to resort to fast-food or retail or assembly-line jobs to make ends meet.