IGNORED

NES Golf Games

Ok, I know we have been through this a few times, but I want to get it finally down in one place.

As few of you know, I am trying to amass all the golf games for the NES. I am aware of the following titles:

Golf

NES Open

Greg Norman's Golf Power

Atlus Golf Grand Slam

Bandai Golf Pebble Beach

Jack Nicklaus Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf

Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf

Have I missed any? (as it stands, all I need is NES Open and Greg Norman to have them all).

(FYI, when this is all said and done I plan to play them all many many times, scrutinize them, and then put out a complete review guide of all the golf games for the NES, just in case there are other morons out there like me who are oddly passionate about NES golf games.)

(FYI, when this is all said and done I plan to play them all many many times, scrutinize them, and then put out a complete review guide of all the golf games for the NES, just in case there are other morons out there like me who are oddly passionate about NES golf games.)

1018133[/snapback]

I second the moronacy, and would gladly be interested in the review guide..

Hmmm, I should've control-f'D with words other than golf.

The folllowing games are titles that at some point in time were mentioned to be

in development and slated for a US release. Many of these were released in other

parts of the world and in a few cases, NTSC Prototypes have turned up. This section

is currently not being maintained, so there are definitely many additions that can

be made.

Mini-Putt [JVC]

Putt Master [Taxan]

Glad to see I'm NOT alone

Keep up this hobby, and you might be alone forever.

tee hee!

Keep up this hobby, and you might be alone forever.

tee hee!

1018501[/snapback]

not as long as I got you, HYID!!! :P

Back on track, what format should I produce this guide? I'd love to have it on the web somewhere, but there are no comprehensive NES databases that I trust enough to be associated with. I can eventually attach it to this thread as a .doc or something.

Anyway, that is maybe cart before the horse, but it is something to consider.

I have all of these except for NES Open. Strangely enough, I am also a huge fan of NES golf. In general, I like golf computer games (I play Tiger Woods and Links now, though).

If you really want to expand your horizons, you could get all the GameBoy golf games. I have a large number of these! Golf translates well to a small screen and sometimes I still play the original black-and-green version. Good game.

Can't wait for the guide. Seriously.

• 4 months later...
Back on track, what format should I produce this guide? I'd love to have it on the web somewhere, but there are no comprehensive NES databases that I trust enough to be associated with. I can eventually attach it to this thread as a .doc or something.

Still looking forward to this. How about a series of Blog articles, one for each game?

If you tag them with a category, one can easily filter them out of the rest of the blog :)

Still looking forward to this. How about a series of Blog articles, one for each game?

If you tag them with a category, one can easily filter them out of the rest of the blog :)

I'm also looking forward to this - and I agree with Manuel that your blog would be a good place for it. ;)

The project is still in the works, but I'm trying to compile some screenshots and such to go along with the guide. That is taking some time. Plus it is taking a lot of time to play each game through and through.

I really want this to be complete and comprehensive, so I am taking my time.

The Blog idea is a good one, but I'm not too good with Blogs and all that, so be patient with me.

I've got several projects going right now, but rest assured I am working on it! :)