IGNORED

Items for Atari 2600 manufactured in Brazil

Sr. Ferraz

* The cartridges from manufacturer "MaxGames" have three models of label (that I know). > Correction, four models (I added with brown color) .

In the game "Beam Raider" appears in the image from TV: MaxGames >> Beam Raider

At the beginning of the games Plaque Attack & Frostbite it appears in the TV: "copyright 1983 >>> MaxGames".

In the games Demon Attack, Pac-Man & Seaquest it appears "MaxGames" in TV.

Some cartridges with 2 games have a type of "touch sensor" to change the game.

List of games:

* 2 in 1:

> Seaquest / Pac-Man

> Frostbite / Demon Attack

> Xadrez / Plaque Attack

> Super Man / Thunderbirds

* One Game:

>> Atlantis

> Beam Raider (*Beamrider)

> Bob's Home (*Bobby is Going Home)

> Donald Duck's (*Donald Duck's Speed Boat)

> Enduro

> Fantastic Voyage

> Frostbite

> Futebol

> HERO

> Jaw Breakers (*Jawbreaker)

> Keystone Kapers

> Pitfall

> Plack Ataque (*Plaque Attack)

> Sinuca (*Trick Shot)

> Space Invaders

> Starmaster (blue label)

> Stratgy-X (*Strategy X)

> Tennis

> Video Pin Ball (*Video Pinball)

## Dear Rom,

In my last post I placed information about a cartridge with name "Cartucho Programa" ("Cartridge Program" or "Program Cartridge" in English).

I saw that in the site Atarimania you placed as "Cartoucho Programa" (that's incorrect), see in the image that I placed of the cartridge that I have.

Cartucho (Portuguese) = Cartridge (English).

post-7030-1145159298_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145159324_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145159367_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145159497_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145159539_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145159575_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145159607_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145159741.gif

post-7030-1148436569_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1149871953_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1149871973_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1149872012_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1149872043_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157949692_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1221668903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sr. Ferraz

Since we're talking Braz stuff here, let's spice this up... :)

Question 1: noticed same upper label for 3 different manufacturers (Video Spot - Show Game - Fotomania). Obviously, this is a Video Spot original... now.. were those the same company? Did they use to "borrow" labels? Were this label "widely sold" to companies? :D What's with this f* label? :D

Will not even start talking about Digimax - JVP - Shockvision - Digivision - Braz Imagic.... very similar upper labels, just insane!

Question 2: found this no-label cart... is it Sancho's Skin Diver? Dont know if this cart looks like a "Sancho"... What cart can I possibly have? ROM could be pirated, must check cart's format...

Question 3: Is this Fotomania real or fake? The label is pretty strange, and it seems reprinted... I wouldnt mind "Maxgames" credits, since many pirates didnt use to change the original credit... But I dont recall seeing this Fotomania label before (they're usually metallic), and the upper label doesnt seem to fit here...

Question 4: Finally, that Video Spot shot with "Joystik" credit, lead me to think... can you Brazilian buffs say:

- Which manufacturers used to always change the credit, putting their names in the ROM?

- Which manufacturers never did that?

- Was it possible that many manufacturers sometimes did use change the credits sometimes, and sometimes not, according to the time or game in question?

I'm kind of curious about it... some pirate companies seemed to have very good technical skills. Take Canal 3, for instance: they even produced their own Super Charger! And I see their pirated ROMs re-pirated all around, in other brands! Pretty wild scenario...

post-6332-1145232516_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1145232535_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1145232551_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1145232585_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1145232611_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1145232797_thumb.jpg

TomBrazil,

Question 1:

Fotomania is not a manufacturer, but a photo-shop.

There were several of these shops situated in Rio de Janeiro.

They just put their label on (a.o.) Videospot cartridges.

The same goes for Show Game.

Question 2:

Although the screenshot is 100% the same game as Skindiver from Sancho, this is not a genuine Sancho cartridge.

The cartridge type looks more like a Panda cart.

Besides that, genuine Sancho (Tang's Electronic Co. Ltd.) games are PAL.

If yours is NTSC, you most probably have a label-less Scuba Diver cartridge from Panda in your hands.

Question 3:

This is Atlantis from MaxGames Software with a Fotomania (shop) front-label and a MaxGames Software end-label.

Question 4:

Generally speaking, the big Brazilian companies put their logo in the games they pirated.

The small Brazilian companies just stole these pirated games.

Canal 3 was a company with a huge amount of titles, so I guess a lot of smaller companies just stole these Canal 3 titles without bothering (or knowing how) to put their own logo in.

The big Brazilian companies not always put their logo in their pirated games.

Even CCE has some logo-less games.

Hope this answers most of your questions.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Perhaps Sr. Ferraz can tell us some more about all this.

BTW:

I always thought that the Moto Cross ROM from Joystik was just a hack of Xonox' Motocross Racer, that enabled you to play the game with a joystick.

Stupid of me, because Motocross Racer was already a joystick controlled game and joystik is also spelled different.

Another little mystery solved.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

BTW:

I always thought that the Moto Cross ROM from Joystik was just a hack of Xonox' Motocross Racer, that enabled you to play the game with a joystick.

Stupid of me, because Motocross Racer was already a joystick controlled game and joystik is also spelled different.

Another little mystery solved.

8)

Hey, glad I helped you on that!

Thanx for the other answers, yes, all taken care of! :) man, did you live in Brazil? :mrgreen:

Dear Rom,

Thanks for remembering brown label of the cartridge "MaxGames", I had forgotten.

I thank the aid in the doubts of TomBrazil, I go try to help your excellent reply.

Dear TomBrazil,

In my opinion:

1) The three cartridges are of the manufacturer "Videospot", the detail in end label with the target and the number identifies it.

"Show Game" and "Fotomania" are names of two store that rented (and sale) cartridges.

"Fotomania" commercialized cameras, films, cassette tape and other items, were a famous company in Rio De Janeiro with some store here.

"Show Game" was the name used for the company "Camping Tur Ltda" here in Rio de Janeiro.

"Video Arte" was the name of another store here in Rio De Janeiro that placed label in the cartridges.

Normally they only changed front label.

Almost all the cartridges that I have of the "Videospot" have (or they had) a small adhesive of the "Fotomania".

Normally when appears in the image from TV the name of the manufacturer of the cartridge (front label) it's original.

2) The original cartridge was manufactured in Taiwan, probably it's a copy made in Brazil with NTSC or PAL-M system.

3) This cartridge was manufactured by "MaxGames", the name in the image from TV proves this. (and end label)

Label of the "Fotomania" is different but it's not original, placed label. "Fotomania" had various different labels.

4) Some manufacturers in Brazil used the credits from original manufacturer (example: Activision).

Others used the credits of manufacturers from Brazil (example: CCE, JVP, Canal 3)

Other manufacturers made the alteration and placed its name in credits.

"Canal 3" (or "Intellivision") was a manufacturer who almost always placed its name in the credits.

Some cartridges of "Canal 3" have different label without its name. In label of the front appears written "Ind. Brasileira" and in the behind part of the plastic box appears written in relief "Made In Brazil".

In some cartridges appears the name of the original manufacturer in the credits, in others don't appear the credits.

In the 'Frogger' game of the "Supercharger by Canal 3" they do not appear credits in the image from TV.

The game Moto Cross (or Motocross) can have the credits in the TV of some manufacturers.

The manufacturer "Atari Mania" for example placed the name "Mania" in the image from TV.

I have a cartridge of the manufacturer "Imagic" (Brazilian) that in the image from TV also appears the name "Joystik". (see below)

I wait to have helped.

post-7030-1145651760_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145651857.gif

* The manufacturer "Videospot" has labels with the image of a target (white, gold or silver label).

In end label also has an identification number.

Games:

> Basketball

> Chopper Command

> Defender

> Eggmania (*Eggomania)

> Football

> Frogger

> Frostbite

> International Soccer

> Keystone Kapers

>> Megamania

> Motocross

> Pitfall

> River Raid

> Shotting Gallery (*Shootin' Gallery)

> Spider-Man

> Super Tennis (*RealSports Tennis)

> Taz

> Volleyball (*RealSports Volleyball)

post-7030-1145654177_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145654211_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145654256_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145654278_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145654308_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145654510.gif

post-7030-1149872510_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sr. Ferraz

Dear Rom,

Label is a little extinguished (weak), the number is 9.

* Another little known cartridge and with interesting label(s) is with name "Demon Video".

Games:

> Commando Raid

> Keystone Kapers

> Pirata Negro

>> Pitfall

> Subterrâneo

post-7030-1145756732_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145756815.gif

post-7030-1157950113_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1203044573_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sr. Ferraz

Beggars belief as to the sheer extent of games and compaines that pirated them. Is there no end to this tide of piracy? ;)

Dear friend,

Brazil had many small companies who had appeared with great 'sale' of cartridges from Atari. The majority of them had disappeared with the end of the negotiation of Atari.

I still didn't place others as the Polyvox, CCE, Dynacom, Dactar, Atari Mania ...

Below I placed images (some bad) of other names of cartridges. ("Micro Play", "SN Games", "Video Jogo" and "Game Mania")

They are many...

* Game Mania

Games:

> Enduro

> Frostibite (*Frostbite)

> Planet Patrol

> Seaquest

* Micro Play

Games:

> Beat 'em & Eat 'em

> Night Driver

* Video Jogo

Games:

>> Crack Pots

>> Eggomania

> International Soccer

> Motocross

> Pac Man

> Pengo

> River Raid

> Sex Man

> Smurf Rescue

* In carts 'SN Games' frontal label is made of a type of plastic.

Games:

> Atlantic (*Atlantis)

> Pitfall

> Space Invaders

> Yar's Revenge

post-7030-1145950072_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145950629_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1145950667.gif

post-7030-1146391586_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1150608512_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1167626088_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1169162965_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1169163001_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1185857306_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1226981456_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1226981471_thumb.jpg

post-7030-0-34147300-1325815049_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sr. Ferraz

Dear Rom,

I added some names of games and images:

Rentacom (page 1), Digivision (page 2), Tecmagic and J.F. (page 3), Soft Vision / Videomac and Cosmovision (page 6), Mega / Shock Vision / Imagic and Vid Game (page 7) & MaxGames / Micro Play and Game Mania (page 9, here)

* Another cartridge manufactured in Brazil has the name "Teka Video".

The box to keep it is small, the size of the cartridge.

Games:

> Bobe (*Bob is going home) / Freeway (2 in 1)

> Donkey Kong / Frogger (2 in 1)

> Buck Roger / Moonsweeper (2 in 1)

post-7030-1146392426_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146392442_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146392545.gif

Ferraz,

No offense intented, but lately you've been posting several shots of carts for auction (on e-bay). Some of them, are not even from your collection. Not a problem, however I think it's nicer to fellow AA members to put the link to those carts instead of just copying the pictures, so they have the chance to acquire some if they want. For that matters, here they are:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrgmotoQQhtZ-1

Do you have the Polyvox 2600-S? The one where the joysticks are hardwired to the motherboard?
2600-S is VERY common. We all have those in Brazil. However, I happen to have some of them boxed, never used. Old stock found.

Nah, Sr. Ferraz is just trying to educate. Just remember after 90 days eBay links disappear and no one could enjoy the accumulation of knowledge that he's brought here if it was an old thread. This is the best thread I have ever seen on Brazilian carts. To see the depth of carts you guys have is simply amazing. :lust: It'd be different if someone was selling stuff on eBay with photos that wasn't there's, but just to educate people and promote interest I think is okay.

Tom I want to see more of your collection too. Yours and Sr. Ferraz are amazing. I loved your pictures of the cromax collection especially. :cool: Again I am glad for this thread, and if I were reading it a year from now nothing would be worse then a bunch of dead links instead of photos. Sr. Ferraz is just trying to educate and preserve history.

Do you have the Polyvox 2600-S? The one where the joysticks are hardwired to the motherboard?

Ferraz,

No offense intented, but lately you've been posting several shots of carts for auction (on e-bay). Some of them, are not even from your collection. Not a problem, however I think it's nicer to fellow AA members to put the link to those carts instead of just copying the pictures, so they have the chance to acquire some if they want. For that matters, here they are:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrgmotoQQhtZ-1

2600-S is VERY common. We all have those in Brazil. However, I happen to have some of them boxed, never used. Old stock found.

Nah, Sr. Ferraz is just trying to educate. Just remember after 90 days eBay links disappear and no one could enjoy the accumulation of knowledge that he's brought here if it was an old thread. This is the best thread I have ever seen on Brazilian carts. To see the depth of carts you guys have is simply amazing. :lust: It'd be different if someone was selling stuff on eBay with photos that wasn't there's, but just to educate people and promote interest I think is okay.

Tom I want to see more of your collection too. Yours and Sr. Ferraz are amazing. I loved your pictures of the cromax collection especially. :cool: Again I am glad for this thread, and if I were reading it a year from now nothing would be worse then a bunch of dead links instead of photos. Sr. Ferraz is just trying to educate and preserve history.

# Dear HP Atari King of Michigan,

I have some consoles of this model (2600 S), one of them in the box.

I find that this model was the last one manufactured for Polyvox.

It uses old model of wire in the connection with the TV and does not have key TV TYPE (color/b-w), this key is necessary in some games.

The controls are fixed (joysticks) and cannot use other controls necessary in some games.

A good thing is that the power supply is internal and with selector of tension. (with protection fuse)

These consoles are NTSC, internally they have a small plate of circuit (transcoder NTSC >> PAL-M) and the "crystal" is changed. (see below photo of the circuit plate)

The two keys of the right side are type "push-botton" (push for inside).

I also placed some photos below, with the detail of plug of internal connection for joystick.

* I add some photos of this console new in box and the box of the manufacturer with 4 news without use (auction in Brazil).

# Dear TomBrazil,

You, as I, was born in Brasil (with "s", not "z") .

In my opinion nobody is "obliged" to help me here in this topic. You could help me here or place a topic of you placing information about things of Atari 2600 manufactured in Brazil. You have many interesting items in your collection.

You, a Brazilian, it must have "pride" to inform that here many interesting items had been made.

I have "pride" of to be Brazilian and "like" of all the people of the world, without restrictions.

Excuse me, my English is bad.

My intention here (see my first post) is inform about items manufactured in Brazil for Atari 2600.

My intention NOT is to inform "what I have". I have some items.

Some images of items that I placed here are not mine and I don't 'have' them.

My friends Bonaccorsi and Rogerio (your link above - rgmoto) had authorizeed me to use the photos.

When use collection images I am authorized for the owner, I never used images of your collection for example.

It's a pleasure for me to help and to inform about products manufactured here.

I don't have no "interest in appearing", only to inform and to help the community.

I wait that you has 'understood' now.

# Dear Omegamatrix,

Thank you for the fine words.

You are a very considerate person.

I'm happy in helping to preserve the name and the things of Atari 2600.

Excellent day for all.

post-7030-1146478277_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478297_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478317_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478369_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478403_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478428_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478467_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478489_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478516_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1146478607.gif

post-7030-1167868331_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1167868353_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1167868404_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1167868429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sr. Ferraz

TomBrazil,

This topic is beyond showing (off with) your collection.

At this very moment it's the most valuable resource for Brazilian Atari 2600 cartridge and console information available on the net.

It would be great if you (and other brazilian collectors) would join in with pictures of your brazilian carts, consoles, etc.

And I would very much like this topic to be pinned (like the PAL Database topic).

It deserves to be.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

This topic is beyond showing (off with) your collection.

At this very moment it's the most valuable resource for Brazilian Atari 2600 cartridge and console information available on the net.

Agreed! :thumbsup: I'm just letting people know that some of those items are for auction in e-bay. Maybe someone here wanna take the chance and bid for them!

It would be great if you (and other brazilian collectors) would join in with pictures of your brazilian carts, consoles, etc.

And I would very much like this topic to be pinned (like the PAL Database topic).

I maintain my pics organized in my collection link, which is in my signature. I need to update it again, because I have too much stuff, either way, there's many cool stuff there.

* Another little known cartridge and with interesting label is with name "Demon Video".

Game:

> Keystone Kapers

Interesting.

Never heard of that one before.

It's added:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=17939

8)

While on the subject, there's a problem when you add carts based by other people's picture... I happen to have bought this cart, now check other side's label. Who's the manufacturer?

BTW, Rom, since Fotomania and other shops used to replace the labels, do you consider them as publishers anyway?

Hey Tom Brazil,

I just visited your page. You got a nice collection of Atari consoles and controllers. Will you fit the Flashback 2 in there as well?

Thank you HP, I have the FB1 in my home, not pictured in the collection. I didn't took the time to buy the FB2, but sure, I'll get one eventually! :)

post-6332-1146496570_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1146496583_thumb.jpg