IGNORED

Snider-man's Newbie Mystery Giveaway - Part *2*!

Snider-man

Hey kids!

I had so much fun giving something away to an AtariAge newbie that I thought I'd do it again! Same deal as last time, only folks with fewer than *300* posts are now eligible. (I used 100 as the cutoff last time, but there are many newbies here who post a lot, but still have small collections. )

Here's how this round will work: you have to guess what game I'm giving away! The first person to correctly guess the "Giveaway Game" and post the correct answer in this thread wins that game! For example, if I had a copy of Adventure as the prize, then the first person with fewer than 300 posts who replied "Adventure" in this thread would win! (And, for the record, it's not "Adventure" too. ) I will ship this game anywhere in the world, so international newbies are invited to join in the fun.

To keep things fair, only one guess per person. Guess twice or more, and you're disqualified - even if this game goes to extra rounds. Those who guess once may guess again later (at my discretion) if we don't have a winner in a reasonable amount of time. So make your first guess a good one.

Here are a few hints:

1. The game is for the Atari 2600 (NSTC format) and was originally released in the U.S. As a special bonus, I also have the box and instructions that I'll throw in for the winner.

2. Although I think it's common to find/get ahold of (having seen them many times in the past), people have paid a pretty penny for it on eBay. Uncertain of the rarity rating, and wouldn't reveal it anyway if I knew.

3. There are several hints as to the game's identity hidden within the text of this message.

So, that's it. Reply to this thread with the name of the Giveaway Game and you win it. Make sure you have fewer than 300 posts. First correct answer wins it. Good luck.

P.S. There will be no further hints, as I feel I've already given too much away.

"Name this game" is a good guess, but I think with all the and in the message that it might be Venture. Also, it is like "Adventure" without the "ad"

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: Secret Quest ]

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: Secret Quest ]

No bullseyes yet, but above we have a near-miss or two. I now officially let all previous guessers to take a second guess as well as those who have not yet taken a shot.

This message may or may not contain another hint as to the mystery game's identity.

Which do you like better?

This:

Or this:

I think I prefer the latter icon.

Guesses are cleared once more. All previous guessers may take another guess. Sorry Debro, I increased the post-count once and won't do it again. Though, e-mail me seperately with your guess. I may have a "consolation prize" if your guess is correct.