IGNORED

Snider-man's Newbie Mystery Giveaway - Part *2*!

Snider-man

quote:

Originally posted by Snider-man:

Sorry Debro, I increased the post-count once and won't do it again. Though, e-mail me seperately with your guess. I may have a "consolation prize" if your guess is correct.

My guess is on the way. BTW I think this is a good adventure too for a newbie

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: DEBRO ]

Ta-da. We have a winner. It is indeed my own Venture II - The CCAG release from a week or so ago. Here were the clues:

* Smiley faces were everywhere - just like Winky.

* "Winky" faces were also there.

* In the first message was "...venture too" followed by a Winky face. Secret Quest was oh-so-close with his post as I said in a follow-up message. In fact, I said there was a near-miss or *TWO*" followed by a Winky. I was pointing you to the sequel, not the original.

* In another message, I said I prefer the frowning face rather than the smiley face - yet another clue about the frowning Winky in Venture II rather than the happy one in the original.

* The biggest clue: Every one of my messages has "Scowl of Determination Winky" from Venture II as my icon. I thought someone would've seen and picked up on that.

James, e-mail your address for your Venture II-CCAG edition prize.

Thanks for playing everyone! Keep your eyes posted for another Sniderman giveaway in the near future!

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: Snider-man ]

quote:

Originally posted by Snider-man:

Ta-da. We have a winner. It is indeed my own Venture II - The CCAG release from a week or so ago. Here were the clues:

* Smiley faces were everywhere - just like Winky.

* "Winky" faces were also there.

* In the first message was "...venture too" followed by a Winky face. Secret Quest was oh-so-close with his post as I said in a follow-up message. In fact, I said there was a near-miss or *TWO*" followed by a Winky. I was pointing you to the sequel, not the original.

* In another message, I said I prefer the frowning face rather than the smiley face - yet another clue about the frowning Winky in Venture II rather than the happy one in the original.

* The biggest clue: Every one of my messages has "Scowl of Determination Winky" from Venture II as my icon. I thought someone would've seen and picked up on that.

James, e-mail your address for your Venture II-CCAG edition prize.

Thanks for playing everyone! Keep your eyes posted for another Sniderman giveaway in the near future!

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: Snider-man ]

Cool give-away, Sniderman! You are the greatest!

Ben

Thanks a ton Tim! It's very cool that you run a contest like this.

The "And for the record, it's not Adventure, too" is what made me think it was Venture 2. I was scrolling & reading the guesses & thought Secret Quest would get it on his second try.

I didn't even notice it was you who was running the contest until after I made my guess, or I probably would've broken a finger trying to hurry up & type my answer in.

Thanks again!

Thanks Ben. I'm a puzzle-meister myself, though not nearly on the level of *your* current giveaway.

I wanted to give this to someone, but thought I'd make it fun in the process. Perhaps, one day, I'll put something together as elaborate as Harry's current adVENTURE TOO!