IGNORED

Label numbers

Phineasfool

These are date codes stamped on the end labels of some carts. The first two numbers are the week it was produced, and the last single digit represents the year. For example 372 would mean the 37th week of '82.

Edit: Or were you talking about the CX numbers?  :ponder:

1019602[/snapback]

That's what I was talking about, thanks. So what would the 50 3 R signify?

These are date codes stamped on the end labels of some carts. The first two numbers are the week it was produced, and the last single digit represents the year. For example 372 would mean the 37th week of '82.

Edit: Or were you talking about the CX numbers?  :ponder:

1019602[/snapback]

That's what I was talking about, thanks. So what would the 50 3 R signify?

1019610[/snapback]

Week fifty of '83.

I took a quick look at my collection and one thing I noticed is almost all the silver labels have an R stamped on the end label. In fact it seems a lot more rare not to find an R as I found only one ET cart without it stamped as 512. I did note it's much more common to have no R stamped on the end label for Atari picture labels. Out of my picture carts I only had a Hangman, Backgammon, Surround, Math Grand Prix, Star Raiders, and a Pac-Man with a R on them. I didn't see any R's on the text labels but I have very few of those right now and can't make a call. I found a text Circus Atari cart stamped as 381, and I had no idea they stamped text carts until now because I never bothered to look.

It seems for some reason some carts have R on them and some don't of the same cart. You could have three Pac-Man's with no R and one with an R. Perhaps it had something to do with the plant they were manufactured in. :?