IGNORED

Good Luck Charlie Brown

mattkain

Yes, that guy. I just had a conversation with him, he claims he bought 4 of each of those repros from someone else. He won't be selling any more of those after this.

• 2 months later...

I'm just curious, but seeing as the 2nd known hard hat proto, which was not dumped, went for ~$5000 on eBay, which was considered fairly high, would I be right in assuming practically all of these one-known protos before dump have been bought for less than the average Joe's wedding ring rule ($6000-7000)?

...say what?

The answer to how much a prototype is worth is usually "whatever someone is willing to pay for it", but I am curious what that limit has been the last few years for these "only existing" prototype games. I am guessing it is about $4000-$6000, but that is limited to some possibly crazy ebay auctions (just by coincidence, this is about the average wedding ring price now, two months salary). I'm sure a lot of the prototype sales prices are not public knowledge, though. I'm sure many also sell for closer to $1000, maybe less. I know some final version prototypes, even if their one-offs, are only maybe worth $100.

Probably won't sell for this much but: $5000 for 3-D rubiks cube prototype, although this one is dumped

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Rubiks-Cube-PROTOTYPE-Loaner-Cartridge-JAN-BOEHM-EPROM-ATARI-2600-7800/290738758398?hash=item43b16162fe:m:mDJNYkudrJPdC7VBwYP-BLw

The answer to how much a prototype is worth is usually "whatever someone is willing to pay for it", but I am curious what that limit has been the last few years for these "only existing" prototype games. I am guessing it is about $4000-$6000, but that is limited to some possibly crazy ebay auctions (just by coincidence, this is about the average wedding ring price now, two months salary). I'm sure a lot of the prototype sales prices are not public knowledge, though. I'm sure many also sell for closer to $1000, maybe less.

Some prototypes have sold for far more than you think.

The problem with your post is that your all over the map. Your making assumptions left & right and mixing things up within your opinionated analysis.

1) the average 2 month salary can vary greatly from one person to another. So the budget for a wedding ring would as well.

2) yes, the selling price of many things can & are often determined by how much a person is willing to pay. But many other factors play into it too.

-- a bidding war can break out between heavy hitters & the price skyrockets because of pride & ego rather then actual worth.

-- is it a Proto of a released or unreleased game?

-- if it is released, is it a very different build?

-- if it is unreleased, is it undumped?

-- is it ntsc or pal? is it functioning or glitched? Is the seller a trusted source? Etc.

All of those things and more affect the selling price. As Wiz said, I've seen amazing Protos sell for next to nothing, and I've seen insignificant Protos sell for stupid money.

Seriously. I think my wife's ring was around $1000 and she thought that was too expensive. 6K-7K? I'm hanging out with the wrong people...

Spending that kinda cash on a ring is they height of both stupidity and vanity. Love is free and thinking you need to drop that kind of cash

just to ask to stay together forever is foolish. Guess people with that kinda money don't know the real story of diamonds being

pushed on us as part of the wedding process. Diamonds where not part of the every ol' wedding show until modern times.

Have a read and save your money.

Think about it this way...

If a couple is truly in love. And they intend to be together forever, and so they love one another for better & for worse and for richer or poorer, etc. then just buy her a really good quality replica. (cubic zirconia, or whatever the hell is the best fake / copy on the market)

I mean hey, if she doesn't care & says it's the same wether your 2600 Video Life is authentic or a reproduction, then why should the diamond in her ring be any different?

Mine is happy with a plain gold band. . .at one point while we were dating I made the mistake of giving her a ring with some diamonds in it. She promptly lost it by hiding it away in her parents' apartment and never found it again. It may still be there, 20 years later (and her parents moved out of that place long ago). I don't think she ever actually got a chance to wear it. . .and the gold band we bought when we got engaged is the one ring she is almost always wearing. It is practical and nice--and because the women of her family have thick fingers, we can switch rings and it doesn't matter, as they are both the same size. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with your post is that your all over the map. Your making assumptions left & right and mixing things up within your opinionated analysis.

1) the average 2 month salary can vary greatly from one person to another. So the budget for a wedding ring would as well.

2) yes, the selling price of many things can & are often determined by how much a person is willing to pay. But many other factors play into it too.

-- a bidding war can break out between heavy hitters & the price skyrockets because of pride & ego rather then actual worth.

-- is it a Proto of a released or unreleased game?

-- if it is released, is it a very different build?

-- if it is unreleased, is it undumped?

-- is it ntsc or pal? is it functioning or glitched? Is the seller a trusted source? Etc.

All of those things and more affect the selling price. As Wiz said, I've seen amazing Protos sell for next to nothing, and I've seen insignificant Protos sell for stupid money.

decaf