IGNORED

Do you spend more time watching television or playing video games?

Rhindle The Red

Do you spend more time watching television or playing video games?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Do you spend more time watching television or playing video games?

• Watching Television
    • Playing Video Games
    • About the same for each

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've managed to break out of the "turn on the TV to see what's on" trap of modern day life. I find myself downloading a few weekly mainstream shows (Survivor, Amazing Race) to watch with my family. Otherwise I download fansubbed anime and can spend 1.5 to 3 hours (four to eight episodes) a week watching it. That being said, I would say that I prefer to play more videogames than watch TV, but while my TV viewing in consistent, my game playing is erratic so I may play less than I watch in any given week.

I would add "surfing the web" to the poll...I NEVER watch TV anymore (Suth Park and 24 and thats it!)

I read the news, weather, etc from the web and listen to radio over the net (Sirius). Of my recreational time, about 60% internet, 35% gaming, and maybe 5% television.

I would add "surfing the web" to the poll...I NEVER watch TV anymore (Suth Park and 24 and thats it!)

I read the news, weather, etc from the web and listen to radio over the net (Sirius). Of my recreational time, about 60% internet, 35% gaming, and maybe 5% television.

Ditto to you and NE1, I spend probably 90% on the net, 5% TV and 5% gaming these days when I'm home for the 4 hours a day. The Internet needs to be added to the poll, I heard it's the next big thing :D

Edited by oesii

Ditto to you and NE1, I spend probably 90% on the net, 5% TV and 5% gaming these days when I'm home for the 4 hours a day. The Internet needs to be added to the poll, I heard it's the next big thing :D

They even have the internet for computers now!

:D

I dont get to play games as much as I want to..... I dont watch much TV... but lately have been watching it more often...

Having started a new job, I'm almost too busy to do either (or anything fun for that matter) ... so when I finally get home .. I grab some dinner & drop infront of the tube to let my mind go numb for awhile.. (old Steve Martin movies seem to be what I have been watching lately.... and don't you love the show "My Name Is Earl".... Hysterical mindless TV.... ;) )

I do surf the web often... & I do listen to music all the time... even if only in the background...

SI

The only TV I watch anymore is the Colbert Report. It's an excellent source of morally grounded conservative journalism.

Most of my video game playing consists of play-testing my 2600 development homebrews. That and playing the disease that is Runescape. I have Starwars Battlefront I and II still in the shrink wrap and waiting to be played, but I want to upgrade my Nvidia TI4200 video card first. (I can't believe a fourth generation video card is now ancient technology...)

I've got about a five to one ratio on video games vs. TV.

my gamming habits consist of some DS (metroid hunters, tetris DS) now and then when I'm not at home and some x box when I am( mechassualt, robotech battlecry). And let me tell you I never play for more than an hour on either of them. And I do this with no kind of regular basis, I would say I play games once every 3 days or so. A lot less than I did before.

I watch a ton of tv though, well is two and a half hours a ton? Aside from the daily show and x play I don't watch broadcasted tv. I watch a metric ton of anime though, since I need to get my giant robot fix somewhere. Ane lets face it most games based around giant robots suck out loud. I spend a lot of time of the computer as well.

About the same. Until about a week ago I rarely watched TV. I recently started watching The Andy Milonakis Show, Wonder Showzen, and now South Park again. Once in awhile The Ren And Stimpy Show if I didn't see it. But I generally buy a DVD Box set of a TV series I like.

Edited by xenomorpher