IGNORED

Major Phoenix Atari source dried up

Wntermute

This must be what JagDiesel was referring to last month. I stopped into Games Plus at 44th & Thomas since I was in the area. When I started browsing the Atari stuff (to get a copy of 7800 Mario Bros. for the coming 7800 TG decathlon), the clerk guy said it was all sold to a local collector.. though it was all still shelved like usual.

What really got me was there was still a 2600 in the glass case (console, joystick, AC adapter, switchbox all shrinkwrapped together) that I noticed. The clerk guy said it was $90!!! Then I noticed an X-Eye (Genesis & SegaCD all-in-one) right above it labelled $60 that he offered to me for $50.

Of course, I turned him down politely out of principle.. but I might go back for the X-Eye later this week.

quote:

Originally posted by Wntermute:

This must be what JagDiesel was referring to last month. I stopped into Games Plus at 44th & Thomas since I was in the area. When I started browsing the Atari stuff (to get a copy of 7800 Mario Bros. for the coming 7800 TG decathlon), the clerk guy said it was all sold to a local collector.. though it was all still shelved like usual.

What really got me was there was still a 2600 in the glass case (console, joystick, AC adapter, switchbox all shrinkwrapped together) that I noticed. The clerk guy said it was $90!!! Then I noticed an X-Eye (Genesis & SegaCD all-in-one) right above it labelled $60 that he offered to me for $50.

Of course, I turned him down politely out of principle.. but I might go back for the X-Eye later this week.

Hey! Another Phoenix collector! What area of town are you in? I'm in Glendale (63rd and Olive).

quote:

Originally posted by Wntermute:

I'm up near PV Mall. JagDiesel's in Mesa, and I know you know where Ron Corcoran lives (he's mentioned a Castles & Coasters get-together once or twice)

Yeah, Ron is about 15 mins from me (He's at 67th & Dear Valley).

I work at Tatum & Shea, so I'm not that far from you.

Mesa is BFE to me :-)

We'll have to get together one of these days.

As for Games+, screw them. I went in to the store here in PV and said "Hey, I have $300 cash, do you want to make me a deal?" and their response was "Well, we're not giving this stuff away!".

I should check their new store out and see if they have come down in price. Retail prices for carts they probably wont sell any time soon is crazy.

yeah.. $10-$35 for shrinkwrapped common (AtariAge 1-4 rarity) games is just insane. It's so hard to find games w/ manuals these days. I just toss the boxes in a plastic crate or a big box.. buying boxed is just about the only way to ensure you get a decent manual, if any these days.

• 2 weeks later...

hey fellow Phx collectors, I'm back...

Renny at Games- er + sold the stuff to Ryan, this guy that sells Amiga stuff and then he is emailing and calling me to let me know that I can still buy it all, from Ryan. He sold ALL of his preNes stuff for $5500...If i'd offered him $4000 he said he'd have taken it...

If anyone has some Odyssey2 rares they'd like to part with, let me know, as I'm clearing out a couple of Atari's, including 2 of my 7800 Expansion port models..

Also, ArcadeNut, there is Pop Culture Classics on Glendale Ave, around 55th ave, they have a decent selection and are reasonable...

quote:

Originally posted by JagDiesel:

hey fellow Phx collectors, I'm back...

Renny at Games- er + sold the stuff to Ryan, this guy that sells Amiga stuff and then he is emailing and calling me to let me know that I can still buy it all, from Ryan. He sold ALL of his preNes stuff for $5500...If i'd offered him $4000 he said he'd have taken it...

If anyone has some Odyssey2 rares they'd like to part with, let me know, as I'm clearing out a couple of Atari's, including 2 of my 7800 Expansion port models..

Also, ArcadeNut, there is Pop Culture Classics on Glendale Ave, around 55th ave, they have a decent selection and are reasonable...

They HAD a decent selection. Ron and myself added quite a few carts to our collections from what they had :-). That was back when the prices where decent as well. Ever since Heather sold the place, the prices have gone up. The prices are pretty close to what is in the DP Guide now. $2 for an Asteroids? No thanks.

I stop by there every once in a while (they are only 5 mins from my house) and I occasionally find something that I don't have. Even then, I only buy it if its a 3 or higher and its cheap.

All in all, I've spent about $400 there on carts.

If you bought any games/systems there 6 months to 18 months ago, I probably had my grubby paws on it.. and most of their classic stuff, hell, I fixed them up and put the systems together. that one guy that used to be a part owner, he ran off with a ton of the good stuff, including about 40 complete systems and better than 2000 games for the various systems..

hey, do you have any goodies for trade?

quote:

Originally posted by JagDiesel:

If you bought any games/systems there 6 months to 18 months ago, I probably had my grubby paws on it.. and most of their classic stuff, hell, I fixed them up and put the systems together. that one guy that used to be a part owner, he ran off with a ton of the good stuff, including about 40 complete systems and better than 2000 games for the various systems..

hey, do you have any goodies for trade?

Yeah, I found the place about a year ago, if I remember correctly. Someone told me that they had Atari 2600 carts so I decided to check them out.

I went there about 15 mins before they closed and asked about the 2600 carts. They brought out 3 or 4 boxes of them. I went through all the boxes in about 15 mins :-) I picked out the ones I knew for sure I didn't have.

I came back the next day with my friend Ron and we went though and picked out the rest that we didn't have and some dupes in case some didn't work, or I needed trade material. I think we paid about $.75 a cartridge. The best one I found there was a Frogger II (most of the label missing).

I also picked up a lot of C64, Vic-20, Intellivision, and Coleco vision cartridges from there as well.

I've had OK luck with a couple thrift stores, but not very often. I found a Snoop Red Baron (in very good shape) for $.65 a month or two ago.

As for trades, I have a lot of rarity 3 or less carts, but most are fairly common.

You can download my semi-current list from:

http://www.arcaderestoration.com/index.asp...sp?OPT=3&CBT=20