IGNORED

Bubsy - Your opinions

superjudge3

If I was player of such games I would have stopped playing all together. This is a kids game and a poor one at that. While it did have some intresting things, the game was worst then Earthworm Jim series.

Earhtworm Jim was lucky since it was creative. The begining seemed like a waste of time but once you get past all the bad jokes and commercial references it becomes a great game.

Bubsy was probably almost worst as the mask and tried slap stick but it failed since the game was just running around with no meaning. I mean even the show is unbeleivable to watch. Back then we kids would watch any toon and most people would just pick up the game.

Bubsy should comeback it will be like Conker.

If I was player of such games I would have stopped playing all together. This is a kids game and a poor one at that. While it did have some intresting things, the game was worst then Earthworm Jim series.

Earhtworm Jim was lucky since it was creative. The begining seemed like a waste of time but once you get past all the bad jokes and commercial references it becomes a great game.

Bubsy was probably almost worst as the mask and tried slap stick but it failed since the game was just running around with no meaning. I mean even the show is unbeleivable to watch. Back then we kids would watch any toon and most people would just pick up the game.

You know they just announced EWJ4

One more thing. I am Adam Harvey.

I did purchase these original paintings but I am NOT the artist. The gallery you have linked is a gallery of paintings I bought. Many of them are from different artists.

Gasp... you've revealed your secret identity? :-o

Ok... just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Ok, so looks like we have a choice of the artist being (looking at the Bubsy Manual) David Severn, Steve Slick Noake, Colin Jackson, or Rick Lodge. Is is at least one of those four? Don't have to tell me which, I will just say it is one of those four. :D

You know they just announced EWJ4

Earthworm Jim was pretty fun back in the day. From what I remember it was sorta tough, wasn't it? Then Shiny went on to make Wild 9s (so-so) and Messiah (failed to deliver) and I think Enter the Matrix. Did they ever work on any Jag games at any point, even just in helping to port them???

Earthworm Jim was pretty fun back in the day. From what I remember it was sorta tough, wasn't it? Then Shiny went on to make Wild 9s (so-so) and Messiah (failed to deliver) and I think Enter the Matrix. Did they ever work on any Jag games at any point, even just in helping to port them???

Earthworm Jim... I liked the cartoon, always wanted to try the game.

• 1 month later...

Played Bubsy and managed to win the game twice without using any continues. First game I had 5 lives remaining and the second game I had 9 lives remaining. The game crashed when I won the game a second time which was odd. (crashed just after Mother Goose left the screen and when it would have asked me for my high score name)

I need to keep track of total lives used. Probably close to 50. At one point in the game (practically up the 10th level) I have around 34 lives. You know what I died to the most at this time? Those spikey sea urchins (damn things are everywhere and even the super shirts won't protect you from those), and in the candyland levels I died a lot to pies being thrown at me. :/

I liked Bubsy :D

Thanks Buddy, your fandom of the Jaguar puts my Bubsy fandom to shame. ;)

:rolling: :thumbsup:

Are there more big Bubsy fans like you? Really, the game was horrible :-)

Yes, though I work to be the greatest Bubsy fan ever. It is my claim to fame. That said, Bubsy 3D was horrible. Bubsy Fractured Furry Tales is just hard. Really hard. But not such a steep learning curve that it can't be mastered and once you do it's a blast.

Edited by doctorclu

Yes, though I work to be the greatest Bubsy fan ever.

Dude, I think you're already there. :D

I think I will have truly arrived when I find the "Bubsy Shirt" that was sold with the earliest copies of Bubsy, and when I find a copy of Super Bubsy for the PC. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now that I've gotten to the point I can make it through the whole game without shattering or needing to use continues, I'm currently working on a speed run of the game in the hopes of recording it for Youtube. Other people have done Speed runs of other Bubsy games, but they were using emulators and cheating. This is the real deal.

So far it takes me 127 minutes to get through Bubsy. I get great time in levels 1-3,4,5,7,8,9,10... the others I could still refine.

And the Lobster and Hansel still take about six lives a piece on average to take out. Gretel is a piece of cake.

post-4709-1217603742_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu

You're almost certain to get the world record. It's not like you were going to have plenty of competitors :P

That's what makes this fun. We only have so many Jag games, I figure I'll explore this one a bit more than it usually gets. Well, I can finish the game in 95 minutes (my best time so far.) Just the candy levels holding me back.

Ok, rolling up my sleeves here and getting serious. :P

83 minutes, had 39 lives left over, and died 26 times.

I think if I collect fewer extra lives I can shave this time down a bit better. (And of course if I died less).

I watched some this morning. Good stuff. I'd rather just watch you play this game than attempt it...again... myself, though. :P

In that case (and thanks for watching...) here is the rest of it...

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Never thought of Bubsy as a spectator sport. :D Enjoy!!