IGNORED

What is your favorite 2600 platformer?

Rhindle The Red

What is your favorite 2600 platformer?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite 2600 platformer?

• Adventures of Tron
    • Alfred Challenge
    • Burgertime
    • Climber 5
    • Crystal Castles
    • Donkey Kong
    • Donkey Kong Junior
    • Fall Down
    • Fast Eddie
    • Frankenstein's Monster
    • Hunchy II
    • Kangaroo
    • Keystone Kapers
    • King Kong
    • Mario Bros.
    • Miner 2049er / Miner 2049er II
    • Montezuma's Revenge
    • Mountain King
    • Mr. Do's Castle
    • Pitfall!
    • Pitfall II: Lost Caverns
    • Popeye
    • Roc N Rope
    • Other (specify)
    • Hack (specify)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Following up on last week's poll, this time we focus on the ever popular platformer genre.

There are plenty of games that might qualify that are not listed (only 25 options allowed in the polls), so feel free to choose "other" if your favorite isn't there.

I voted for 2600 Mario Bros. (check out Rhindle's awesome hack BTW) - it has great 2 player simultaneous action, and, for me personally, it has better game play than almost any other version of Mario Bros.

Back in the day, my favorite was easily Keystone Kapers, which I owned and played to death (and many of those deaths consisted of "propellerheads" ;) ).

Where is the best game in the entire 2600 library, H.E.R.O.? Don't you consider it a platformer (even though you're hovering over most of the platforms)?

I had to say "other," but among those in the list (some of which are great, some suck, and some I've never played), I'd have voted for Keystone Kapers.

Edited by Room 34

Where is the best game in the entire 2600 library, H.E.R.O.? Don't you consider it a platformer (even though you're hovering over most of the platforms)?

There are plenty of games that might qualify that are not listed (only 25 options allowed in the polls), so feel free to choose "other" if your favorite isn't there.

Yeah, I saw that... I just find it a little odd that you'd choose some of the obscure and/or obviously weak titles you did (Donkey Kong Junior???) at its expense.

Yeah, I saw that... I just find it a little odd that you'd choose some of the obscure and/or obviously weak titles you did (Donkey Kong Junior???) at its expense.

Well, Donkey Kong Junior, sucky game or no, is Donkey Kong Junior, a high profile title and most certainly a platformer. H.E.R.O., a fine game that I like a lot, can be considered a platformer, but it is less clear. So, I made an editorial decision and there you go.

I wonder if either my DK Jr cart or my brain is defective then, because the one time I actually tried playing it, I found the controls so hopelessly impossible that I considered the game 100% absolutely unplayable. (Hence my disparaging comments.)