IGNORED

Make games !

NES Console

Hey there ! I am writing this for everyone who would like somebody else ( me ) to make their favourite games . BUT here's what we'll do : You each vote your game , and then the game with most of the votes will be made . BUT I expect help from you guys ! All I need are sprites you will draw or get from somewhere else , cause the game's development will thus go MUCH MUCH faster ! So , let's start voting first ;) I vote for another Tiny Toon game :D ( apart from the one I already made ) .

Oh , I forgot : The games are for PC ( I know 99% of you will go like "OOOhhhhhhh :(" ) . Sorry ... I don't know how to make console games :( .

Edited by NES Console

Hey there ! I am writing this for everyone who would like somebody else ( me ) to make their favourite games . BUT here's what we'll do : You each vote your game , and then the game with most of the votes will be made . BUT I expect help from you guys ! All I need are sprites you will draw or get from somewhere else , cause the game's development will thus go MUCH MUCH faster ! So , let's start voting first ;) I vote for another Tiny Toon game :D ( apart from the one I already made ) .

Oh , I forgot : The games are for PC ( I know 99% of you will go like "OOOhhhhhhh :(" ) . Sorry ... I don't know how to make console games :( .

Yea Ill take that vote but you have to rmemeber some of thouse great programers have a life out side of gaming I know I like them to just stay home and brake out games after games for us to play but its really not far for us to ask them every time an i now know it but once some one has the time we may see the games we love to see on a real console^_^

So , I come here , I say I'll make any games you want , 44 people visit this topic and one replys ???? Now this is just plain weird !

Well , untill anyone makes a real console game , I'll make PC games , so start voting !!! Plus , Atariboy , you forgot to vote :P

Edited by NES Console

PEOPLE !!! Maybe it's just me , but on other forums , I never saw a topic where 74 people visited and 2 posted , including me ... COME ON !!! Say something !!! Vote .... whatever ..... swear me , but just say something ! I thought people will rush posting when I told you I'll start making games , but no one seems to say a thing ... Why is that ?

So , I come here , I say I'll make any games you want , 44 people visit this topic and one replys ???? Now this is just plain weird !

Well , untill anyone makes a real console game , I'll make PC games , so start voting !!! Plus , Atariboy , you forgot to vote :P

You do realize that most of us are on the other side of the world and it was 0100 here when you started this thread?

So you say you're going to actually program a game and not just talk about how good something could be if you could find a programmer? That sounds good to me.

Welcome to the forums! Nice to see somebody representing Romania. :)

PC games huh? Hmm. Most of us here play console games or through emulation. Can't think of a game off the top of my head that hasn't been done on the PC already.

First of all thanks for the welcome :) Second , yes I AM going to make the games and third , you mean to tell me there are no console games , without a PC release ??? Think again ;) Oh , and try to think at the ones which are not as popular as Mario , Tiny Toon , Zelda , etc. You'll see . OR IF YOU CAN'T FIND ANYTHING , think of a game YOU would like to appear for the first time ;)

First of all thanks for the welcome :) Second , yes I AM going to make the games and third , you mean to tell me there are no console games , without a PC release ??? Think again ;) Oh , and try to think at the ones which are not as popular as Mario , Tiny Toon , Zelda , etc. You'll see . OR IF YOU CAN'T FIND ANYTHING , think of a game YOU would like to appear for the first time ;)

Alright, I'll bite, just for the heck of it. How about a port of the ColecoVision game "Destructor"? Or better yet, a sequel to the original game which adds some gameplay enhancements, like upgrades for the Ram Car (acquired by picking up icons, or purchased between rounds at a space station shop using the money you earn during the game), openings in the walls that lead to underground areas, new types of enemy bugs, more variety in mission objectives, etc. And this time, the game would be playable with a regular joystick.

How's that for a suggestion?

Although I can't speak for everyone, I think many people on this board are more interested in games for classic consoles, not classic games on a PC. That may be why you got so few people responding. I'm sure many people like playing games on PCs, but the focus of this board is on classic consoles, not PCs. Don't let that stop you in doing what you want to do though, it's just that you may not get the response here like you may want.

Allan

about Destructor , I'll have to play it cause it's one of the few console games I haven't played ... about the replys , I know I won't get many but considering the fact that people use PCs for net , mail , forums , etc plus all the great games were on PC and because the computer is the most accesible and maleable , I hope some of them will be interested , so I will just wait ...

Um ... so we have Destructor and Vindicators . Cool , I am waiting for more ;) and about the links , all my games or on old CD's cause when I made them I didn't have an internet connection , but I am planning to search for them and upload them :D . The only game I have uploaded is the Tiny Toon - Out of Space game , that I made for Atariboy , which is the biggest console fan EVER !!! And as you will see , it has Atari 2600 graphics :) Here's the link : http://rapidshare.de/files/18291381/Tiny_T..._Space.exe.html

Edited by NES Console

• 2 weeks later...

You serious about the whole games making thing?

What type of games are you limited too? I'll get you any sprites you need if you are serious about this, and I need to know what limitations you have, because I have a shitload of ideas for games and I love making sprites and stuff.