IGNORED

Anyone Remember "wings of fury" for the apple IIe?

kondre

WoF was a great game, I had great fun with it back in the day. I couldn't believe the Apple II could display such great looking graphics. I never did beat the game, but I always had fun strafing the people on the ground, or going up against a huge battleship with rockets. The later missions were really tough.

My only problem with the game was landing. I could never land the damn plane without crashing and burning at least once.

Tempest

WoF was a great game, I had great fun with it back in the day. I couldn't believe the Apple II could display such great looking graphics. I never did beat the game, but I always had fun strafing the people on the ground, or going up against a huge battleship with rockets. The later missions were really tough.

My only problem with the game was landing. I could never land the damn plane without crashing and burning at least once.

Tempest

AWESOME game. I spent many hours of my youth playing that one. It was released for the GB Color. FOr soem reason, I just couldn't get into it.

This is a game that could be done for the 7800 and possibly for the 2600.

Regards,

-Lee

It was released for the GB Color. FOr soem reason, I just couldn't get into it.

Was the GBC port a bad one, or was this a case of just not being in the mood for WoF when you happened to try it? I didn't know there was a GBC port, and if it plays okay, I might hunt one down.

I think it was more of not being in the mood. I should pull it out and play it again.

-Lee

Well, I am glad that I am not the only one who played it.

I am still trying to get my Color Classic up and running, it will have the Apple//e card in it, so I should someday be able to play WoF once again, which would be nice.

wouldnt it be real nice to have a version that ran on OSX natively though?

Along with "Shufflepuck Cafe", "Stunts", "Centauri Alliance", "Joan of Arc", "Wolfpack", and just about every Carmen SanDiego game in existence at that time I also gametested "Wings of Fury" (mainly on the C64 and Amiga).

One little secret in the game is that you can fly "around the world" meaning that you can just go in one direction and end up back at the opposite end of the area. However, on some levels at least (as far as I can remember) there is a small platform you can sink if you fly out far enough. I discovered this on the C64 version and also found it in the Amiga version. I don't know about any other versions.

Along with "Shufflepuck Cafe", "Stunts", "Centauri Alliance", "Joan of Arc", "Wolfpack", and just about every Carmen SanDiego game in existence at that time I also gametested "Wings of Fury" (mainly on the C64 and Amiga).

One little secret in the game is that you can fly "around the world" meaning that you can just go in one direction and end up back at the opposite end of the area. However, on some levels at least (as far as I can remember) there is a small platform you can sink if you fly out far enough. I discovered this on the C64 version and also found it in the Amiga version. I don't know about any other versions.

I remember letting the plane go and go and go, and i never did the "fly around the world", the plane would run out of fuel. I never came across any platform either. maybe i didnt do it on the right level.

I'm no programer, but i cant imagine it would be difficult for someone to write up the game. Chopper is a re-make of choplifter and it runs on OSX. its simple, but very well done. something similar but based on WoF is what I would just love to see.

Kevin

I do believe that this platform appeared on the first level. I don't think I've ever played the Apple IIe version and therefore it may not be in it but it is definitely in the C64 and Amiga ones.