IGNORED

Gauntlet by Answer - Who owns this game?

Crazy Climber

This one is for the serious collectors, out of all the rarest games I have played (reproduction form of course) my favorite is Gauntlet by Answer software, its just a fun game to play. If I were ever to track down any of the super rare games this would be the one for me. My question is who actually owns this game and what is the going rate for this ultra rare gem? Anybody have the instructions as well? And whats the story with the box on this one, I have heard one exsists then I heard it was just flimsy case style packaging. Also any stories about how they were acquired would also be cool. Thanks

$1000 loose or more if it has a real nice label.

The last loose one that sold with a label, went for $2300.00, I believe. I missed it by a couple of days, I think Wonder007 got it.

When was that? I purchased one about two months ago for less than that but more than what I paid for Video Jogger/Reflex boxed. (and no, I'm not talking about the loose chips). I don't think I'll be seeking a box for this or Malagai. :skull:

The last loose one that sold with a label, went for $2300.00, I believe. I missed it by a couple of days, I think Wonder007 got it.

When was that? I purchased one about two months ago for less than that but more than what I paid for Video Jogger/Reflex boxed. (and no, I'm not talking about the loose chips). I don't think I'll be seeking a box for this or Malagai. :skull:

Can you post a pic of yours? It was several months ago.

No prob if you can wait until the end of May/early June when I get my new camera.

Sure, but even a cam-phone pic would be okay.

I don't have anything right now. My digital camera was the victim of a flood. That's why the Eram carts I have aren't in any database yet.

Yes, indeed I did!!! In fact I have the one with the original label and another with the prototype label. I'll post some pics up when I have a chance!! :)

I scored an original prom chip for $100. Kind of a nice piece of history, and as close as I will ever be able to get to a complete cart unless I get real lucky in the wild or on eBay. I can't imagine how much $$$$ a nice CIB copy would go for. Didn't Mindfield score one real cheap a long time ago? I might be putting words in his mouth here. I think he did though.

I'm going to guess that Confrontation is only the manual. From what I have heard, boxes by Answer were blank on the front with the same copyright/warranty information on the back. To the front, they glued the instructions. So in the photo, you see Malagai and Gauntlet instructions glued to the front of an Answer box.

Answer would also mail instructions for upcoming releases to customers on their mailing list. These would have a fold line down the middle of the instructions so they would fit in a mailing envelope.

But this company was so small and so few of these games remain, who knows...

I'm going to guess that Confrontation is only the manual. From what I have heard, boxes by Answer were blank on the front with the same copyright/warranty information on the back. To the front, they glued the instructions. So in the photo, you see Malagai and Gauntlet instructions glued to the front of an Answer box.

Answer would also mail instructions for upcoming releases to customers on their mailing list. These would have a fold line down the middle of the instructions so they would fit in a mailing envelope.

But this company was so small and so few of these games remain, who knows...

You are 100% correct.

Ah, my young NTSC apprentices ;)

Cheers,

Marco

Like I've said to someone recently. The European crew is buying everything up. And Marco, who I've done business with in the past is one of the eagle eyes over there. I sold a Malagai a couple of years ago and it seems to me, and my memory is not digital so I could be wrong, that the box I sold it with was a little different. Is there a box variant or could I just be wrong.

Tony

PS: Hi Marco. Is it warming up a little over there yet.

Tony

Indeed, no box for Confrontation, just the manual - perhaps I should buy a Malagai box and stick the Confrontation manual to it :)

I've seen four Malagai boxes and as far as I can remember, they looked all the same.

@Tony: temperatures went up last week, but tonight we may have a little frost (!) again. Climate is all messed up!

@Tempest: hard to say what defines 'released' when talking about Answer (I mean, was the PGP-1 "released", or not?)

Cheers,

Marco

PS: we Euros are buying up all NTSC stuff, to force the Americans to start collecting PAL (YOU WILL LIKE OUR PAL GAMES!) :D

Edited by Marco