IGNORED

Gauntlet by Answer - Who owns this game?

Crazy Climber

I've heard a reference to a "Pleasant Valley Video" release for Gauntlet for the 2600, anybody know what this means?

You really need to start using the damn search function. :roll:

The PVV version is a production ROM, soldered onto a Imagic PCB, in a Imagic shell.

I've heard a reference to a "Pleasant Valley Video" release for Gauntlet for the 2600, anybody know what this means?

You really need to start using the damn search function. :roll:

The PVV version is a production ROM, soldered onto a Imagic PCB, in a Imagic shell.

Sorry man, maybe I'm searching wrong. Whenever I do it I get about 4,000 results that dont have much to do with what I'm looking for. I know I am kind of behind when it comes to computers, this month is the first time I've been able to use one for more than a couple minutes at a time so please excuse my lack of computer knowledge, Thanks.

You can't tell by looking at the cart. Marco claims his Mangia' box has a sticker on it, marking it as NTSC, never seen it.

"claims"? I only tell the truth :D

Doesn't wonder007 have a boxed NTSC Mangia' also? He'd be able to confirm the existence of the sticker.

Cheers,

Marco

Why do I get the feeling that there's a stash of NTSC Mangia's out there in a warehouse somewhere? No company would make a production run of 10 or less carts. I assume the NTSC Mangia's that have been found to date are ROMs and not EPROMs?

Tempest

Why do I get the feeling that there's a stash of NTSC Mangia's out there in a warehouse somewhere? No company would make a production run of 10 or less carts. I assume the NTSC Mangia's that have been found to date are ROMs and not EPROMs?

Tempest

You get that feeling becuase that is the only way to see things, ROM's are made in 100's and 1000's. Only debate is where the heck the stash is and if there is a crate full of Atari Red BMX's in the same warehouse :)

Hehe... I just read this in the Mangai manual:

First off, you can't ever let Mama know. It would hurt her feelings to know that her little boy is "passing the pasta."

Is that what the kids are calling it these days... :ponder:

Tempest

Tempest

Anyone know how many Mangia' carts (loose or complete NTSC) have been accounted for to date? And yes CPU WIZ, I checked the search function and did not find the answer. Thanks.

Tempest

Anyone know how many Mangia' carts (loose or complete NTSC) have been accounted for to date? And yes CPU WIZ, I checked the search function and did not find the answer. Thanks.

In case anyone was wondering or uses this thread for reference in the future it sounds like 3 copies are accounted for, chances of finding this one at a decent price sound slim.

In case anyone was wondering or uses this thread for reference in the future it sounds like 3 copies are accounted for, chances of finding this one at a decent price sound slim.

Where did you get that number from? Not from me.

Looks I read it wrong, 4?

Sorry, not to get technical, but you're making a VERY big assumption here.

There's nothing in this thread that supports or even implies that there are only 4 Mangia NTSC carts accounted for.

Looks I read it wrong, 4?

Sorry, not to get technical, but you're making a VERY big assumption here.

There's nothing in this thread that supports or even implies that there are only 4 Mangia NTSC carts accounted for.

He is basing that on the fact that I told him in another PM, that I don't know how many have been accounted for, all I know is 4 people who own one (or two). That doesn't really mean jack-sh*t in the collecting world. LOL

Tempest

I guess you would have to ask the collectors that own them whether or not they are EPROMs. I thought I had read on these boards that MANY spectravision games were released as EPROMs and that ALL Chase the Chuckwagons were EPROMs. I would assume all Mangia are EPROMs until someone finds one that is a ROM.

Here are a couple posts regarding Mangia and EPROMs:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...hl=eprom+mangia

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...15791&hl=mangia

One member says he created a Mangia replica using a Planet Patrol board/eprom. Another said he could remove and reapply a spectravision label and nobody could tell the difference. So these days, an enthusiast with the proper tools and motiviation could buy a boxed PAL Mangia and create a NTSC Mangia. The only difference is that it wouldn't have that elusive NTSC sticker that Marco's Mangia box has.

I guess Marco's question to wonder007 still stands...can wonder007 verify his NTSC Mangia box has the NTSC sticker, or does wonder007 have to wonder if he has a replica?

One member says he created a Mangia replica using a Planet Patrol board/eprom. Another said he could remove and reapply a spectravision label and nobody could tell the difference. So these days, an enthusiast with the proper tools and motiviation could buy a boxed PAL Mangia and create a NTSC Mangia. The only difference is that it wouldn't have that elusive NTSC sticker that Marco's Mangia box has.

Which is why I'm reluctant to show any pics... :ponder:

I guess Marco's question to wonder007 still stands...can wonder007 verify his NTSC Mangia box has the NTSC sticker, or does wonder007 have to wonder if he has a replica?

Yep, let's hear it, wonder! :)

:idea: Hm, Rick Weis has seen my Mangia' box, so if he took a good look, he may remember :idea:

Cheers,

Marco

How can you even tell if you have a NTSC or a PAL Mangia anyway?

Just curious to know if you can tell by looking at the cart/label.

I have NO idea what a ROM is versus a masked ROM or an EPROM, etc. (all Greek to me) ;) So any explanation about that won't help me much.

Thanks,

Steve

I believe sly can answer that one too. :ponder:

The one I finally aquired (from Canada), does not. Must be a fake, right? :roll:

For the millionth time, no you can NOT.

Wow. :?

Okay, so how can you tell, then?

Arrgh, can someone please shoot me? twitch2.gif

Wow. :?

Okay, so how can you tell, then?

Arrgh, can someone please shoot me? twitch2.gif

Ok.

Listen, if you don't want to reply (or be helpful) then don't. But I read this thread, and the only mention was a question that wasn't fully answered.

I understand at this point that you would need to play the game (or try to) to determine whether it was a PAL or NTSC version.

My question is, what are you looking for once you turn the game on?

Thanks for your help. :roll:

Listen, if you don't want to reply (or be helpful) then don't.

I vote "open season" on newbies who respond to someone doing nothing but help others, with rolling eyeballs.

<Grab the shotguns>

I understand at this point that you would need to play the game (or try to) to determine whether it was a PAL or NTSC version.

Then why ask?

Listen, if you don't want to reply (or be helpful) then don't.

I vote "open season" on newbies who respond to someone doing nothing but help others, with rolling eyeballs.

<Grab the shotguns>

Then why ask?

First of all dude - you've been here 15 days longer than I have. Check the dates we started here.

Second of all, this WAS a conversation between me and CPU WIZ, so your comment makes no sense. I asked a question that he found as repetative to a topic that "had already been covered."

Finally, you should read the entire thread before butting in. If I had the answer I was looking for, I wouldn't have needed to post at all.

Clearly, knowing that I need to power up a game doesn't tell me what I'm looking for once I turn it on.

So, here's a pair of eyeballs for someone who's been here as long as me, calling me a "noob"... :roll: