IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I am also in the middle of a deal with T2KFREEKER and having a few problems. He and I had a trade planned. I shipped his games out with delivery confirmation. When I hadn't recieved my game in a while I asked him about it and he said that he had been down with the flu for 2 weeks. My last message from him was on Oct 24 when he told me he had shipped the game that day. I still don't have it. I sent him a message this morning and mentioned the previous poster's problem. I'll post when/if I hear from him.

As an update to my prvious post about my pending deal with T2KFREEKER, I got my package in the mail today. It had the game that I was expecting and a second game thrown in as a bonus. I am also currently talking to him about another possible deal. My apologies for overreacting and jumping the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Phil and I have been in contact, and things are what they are. The guy stays out of contact with me for three months, and now wants me to ship the Genesis stuff back to him because he didn't get the stuff I shipped him. Well, everyone else I ship stuff to get's their things, so here is a lesson people, not getting on Phil, but no matter how long it is since you ship stuff, keep your reciept handy, no matter what, even if they happen to say that they did get the stuff, not saying that Phil ever said that he got the stuff. More to come as this goes.

I've done many transactions with T2kfreeker and everyone of them has turned beautifully. He has never tried to mislead me. He's always answered every question that I've had. I've dealt with T2kfreeker with dozens upon dozens of times and have always been extremely pleased with what I have received. He always sent me minders of the times that he ships each item and the every item has been received ON TIME. I've had absolutely no trouble with this individual at all. I appreciate your business and look forward to many possible deals in the future.

Anyone else ever have problems with an eBay seller named 'collind4205'?

I won an eBay auction (320037091992) back on Oct 17. After confirming the total with shipping to Mexico (his ad said 'N. and S. America'), I made a PayPal payment the same evening. Please note that the seller wanted $16 US for shipping, about twice what I normally pay for a small packet sent by USPS Global Airmail from the USA.

I received no further response and no item, so on Nov 8 I sent the seller a polite note asking for tracking info. He responded that the package had not yet been sent (after 3 weeks).

I sent the seller a note asking him to send the package soon. On Nov 9 the seller sent a reply stating he was "doing you a favor" by sending overseas, and was having difficulties obtaining the forms necessary to send overseas

On Nov 9 I sent this third note:

Well, tell you what: since the paperwork seems to be presenting you with difficulties, perhaps it would be best if we called this auction off. I will be happy to leave a positive feedback if you refund my payment via PayPal.
I haven't received any response, and haven't received any refund.

On Monday, Nov 13, I sent another note asking the seller to either send proof of shipment (tracking number, photo of shipping bill, etc.) _or_ send a PayPal refund. After no reply for a day, I opened a 'dispute' with PayPal.

UPDATE: After opening a claim with PayPal, I finally received a refund on Dec 12th, roughly 8 weeks after original payment.

Edited by ls650

• 4 weeks later...

Fellow forum members, especially those of you who frequent eBay for gaming merchandise, be on guard for a power-seller with the ID "raregamergirl". Do not, under any circumstances, no matter how enticing, purchase anything from this seller. She's an obvious scam artist with a rap sheet longer than Al Capone's, but her feedback scores are extremely padded to make her look innocent.

Here's the overwhelmingly huge list of neutral/negative feedback she's received in the past year.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=raregamergirl

You can see that there's some kind of dispute happening with this seller several times a day, and she always gives the same story. She'll take your money, never send your items, claim that the post office lost them or that they claim the package was already delivered (without showing proof by giving you a tracking number, receipt number, or anything else to prove that she sent anything), stall you until the PayPal dispute period has expired by promising to send you a replacement, and then she'll leave you negative feedback and say that you're a delinquent buyer who tried to rip her off.

This seller does a LOT of business involving vintage games, and it's likely quite a few people on this forum have run into her or will run into her in the near future, so if I can save anyone from this nightmare, I wont feel too bad about getting ripped off myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Fellow forum members, especially those of you who frequent eBay for gaming merchandise, be on guard for a power-seller with the ID "raregamergirl". Do not, under any circumstances, no matter how enticing, purchase anything from this seller. She's an obvious scam artist with a rap sheet longer than Al Capone's, but her feedback scores are extremely padded to make her look innocent.

Here's the overwhelmingly huge list of neutral/negative feedback she's received in the past year.

You can see that there's some kind of dispute happening with this seller several times a day, and she always gives the same story. She'll take your money, never send your items, claim that the post office lost them or that they claim the package was already delivered (without showing proof by giving you a tracking number, receipt number, or anything else to prove that she sent anything), stall you until the PayPal dispute period has expired by promising to send you a replacement, and then she'll leave you negative feedback and say that you're a delinquent buyer who tried to rip her off.

This seller does a LOT of business involving vintage games, and it's likely quite a few people on this forum have run into her or will run into her in the near future, so if I can save anyone from this nightmare, I wont feel too bad about getting ripped off myself.

raregamergirl is infamous!!!!

http://crazyebaylady.ytmnd.com/

Biggest rip off artist in the Ebay world. Type "misrepresenting mint games" or her name at DP..... The legend speaks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shouldnt it say "FORTUNATELY" instead of unfortunately your search found no results when you searh a members names in this Topic? I mean, Im always happier when no results are returned for a bad trader search LOL! Just a thought, it always makes me shake my head when I see that note. :D

Edited by Phantom

I just tried to look at the above page and unfortunately she's made her feedback private. I sure as hell wouldn't bid on a seller's auctions if they had a high number of recent negatives and their feedback was private! If she's pulling scams on people, it's amazing that eBay has allowed her to continue.. And she's a Power Seller! Just more evidence showing the PowerSeller label is a crock.

..Al

Can someone explain to me the point of letting people make their feedback private?

Allan

It's so you can't see the direct comments others might have included like what the problems where with the deal. All you get to see is a negative so you don't actually know what happened and some think it helps to cover the situation. Also it is used to try to hide what you have purchased\bid on but that is quite the broken theory of practice as it's easy to find out what they bid\won with a little digging and so is finding out what is in the hidden feedback.

This is what ebay says to members concerning the choice to make feedback private.

"If you choose to make your Feedback Profile private, your Feedback comments will be hidden from other members. (They will still be able to see the number of positive, neutral and negative Feedback you’ve received.) If you have a private Feedback Profile, you will not be able to sell items on eBay."

Now we probobly have the problem of watching out for new ebay seller I.Ds. with the same M.O. It amazes me how ebay will do everything they can to prorect these liars, psychos and cheats, and allow them to continue, business as usual. Are they just to busy with the counterfit beanie baby mafia to deal with things of real import, like our humble pursuit?

Can someone explain to me the point of letting people make their feedback private?

Allan

It's so you can't see the direct comments others might have included like what the problems where with the deal. All you get to see is a negative so you don't actually know what happened and some think it helps to cover the situation. Also it is used to try to hide what you have purchased\bid on but that is quite the broken theory of practice as it's easy to find out what they bid\won with a little digging and so is finding out what is in the hidden feedback.

Thanks for the responses people. I know what it does but it just seems like a way to cover up a seller's bad actions/crimes and nothing else. I guess I could see it as a way to block people from seeing what you have bought and sold but than why block the feedbacks themselves? They only show the persons satisfaction (or lack of it) about the purchase, not what the item was.

Allan

This is what ebay says to members concerning the choice to make feedback private.

"If you choose to make your Feedback Profile private, your Feedback comments will be hidden from other members. (They will still be able to see the number of positive, neutral and negative Feedback you’ve received.) If you have a private Feedback Profile, you will not be able to sell items on eBay."

Interesting, I wasn't aware you can't sell on eBay if you make your feedback private.

..Al

Interesting, I wasn't aware you can't sell on eBay if you make your feedback private.
It's a pretty new policy and a good one if you ask me.
Now what they need to do is allow sellers to block bids from all bidders with private feedback. Edited by A.J. Franzman

• 1 month later...

just thought id post this. wasnt a sale, but a potential sale, and neonesmaster acted like an ass. this is what i get for trying to tell him to post in the marketplace, not in classic gaming , yeesh. and no, i know how much a damn japanese system is worth , id have never have offered just 30 lol, and last i checked, me asking if youd sell the package seperatly wasnt a sob story. damn people really need to loosen up. you buy and sell with so many people and then you encounter someone like this.. damn. post-8862-1176222919_thumb.png

Edited by AtariJr

It's a pretty new policy and a good one if you ask me.
Now what they need to do is allow sellers to block bids from all bidders with private feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/...management.html

You can block them right there if you want. my friends been doing this for sometime. Anytime someone doesnt pay, he adds them to this list and anytime someone offers him a best offer thats ridiculous, hes sends them a note telling them thanks for the low ball offer and that they are banned and actually Im not doing it justice but is funny as hell. Like when he gets a $5 offer for a System and 30 games and such. Like he says, these people arent worth the bother if they did bid and win something. So i suppose you can track down hidden feedbackers and place them there or cancel their bid and then block them. Just an idea but it can be done. Cheers :)

PS I should get the note Mark sends off him and paste it here, its a good laugh!

• 2 months later...
just thought id post this. wasnt a sale, but a potential sale, and neonesmaster acted like an ass. this is what i get for trying to tell him to post in the marketplace, not in classic gaming , yeesh. and no, i know how much a damn japanese system is worth , id have never have offered just 30 lol, and last i checked, me asking if youd sell the package seperatly wasnt a sob story. damn people really need to loosen up. you buy and sell with so many people and then you encounter someone like this.. damn. post-8862-1176222919_thumb.png

LMAO

Sob story....

Now what they need to do is allow sellers to block bids from all bidders with private feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/...management.html

You can block them right there if you want.

How? I know how to block bidders whose IDs I already know, but I want a blanket block on ALL bidders with private feedback, before they bid on my items. I suspect that there are more than 1000, and I already have a few dozen IDs in my block list. I think that suggestion has no real merit.