IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

OHHHHHHHHH,so thats what they call shilling!!Thanx for posting that.I've noticed that type of thing going on,wasnt sure though.I almost fell victim to that a couple of times :x

I do not know for sure, but I figure I have been a victim of shilling at least twice. Anyway, I guess if you play on E-bay you have a good chance of getting screwed. That's why I ask the members here for advice on fair prices and never deviate from what they tell me.

• 2 weeks later...
The last time someone had a real bad dispute they posted the bad trader's informaton ie. address, etc. on the board. That got the bad trader to complete the transaction quickly. Sounds like with a paypal transaction you don't have much to go on though. Hope this get's resolved for you.
yeah,i didnt get any info from paypal,other than he doesnt have any funds in his account to give me my money back.i also believe that account is closed as well.i was given two address in california and two phone numbers as well.these were given to me by someone who knows both me and zach.he told me he doesnt talk to zach aymore because be became a douchbag(his words,not mine)since zach quit working at atlus.anyways, here is the info i was given by a friend:

zach meston

3065 howard dr

redding,ca

zach meston

2341 primrose ave

vista,ca

also here is the two phone numbers i have been given

(760)734-1975

(530)243-1996

there is never an answer at the 734-1975,but i have left two messages at 243-1996 but no returned calls.also,the answering machine at the 243-1996 is a male voice,but says no name,just the number.

This I found interesting and remembered this thread. Did he ever send you the items you bought from him?

Click here

Edited by Phantom

The last time someone had a real bad dispute they posted the bad trader's informaton ie. address, etc. on the board. That got the bad trader to complete the transaction quickly. Sounds like with a paypal transaction you don't have much to go on though. Hope this get's resolved for you.
yeah,i didnt get any info from paypal,other than he doesnt have any funds in his account to give me my money back.i also believe that account is closed as well.i was given two address in california and two phone numbers as well.these were given to me by someone who knows both me and zach.he told me he doesnt talk to zach aymore because be became a douchbag(his words,not mine)since zach quit working at atlus.anyways, here is the info i was given by a friend:

zach meston

3065 howard dr

redding,ca

zach meston

2341 primrose ave

vista,ca

also here is the two phone numbers i have been given

(760)734-1975

(530)243-1996

there is never an answer at the 734-1975,but i have left two messages at 243-1996 but no returned calls.also,the answering machine at the 243-1996 is a male voice,but says no name,just the number.

This I found interesting and remembered this thread. Did he ever send you the items you bought from him?

Click here

no,he never did.i never got my games or my money from him.

Don has contacted a number of us over there and many folks have received their items. I was promised on the 12th that mine would be shipped to me via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. I'm waiting patiently to see if he comes through.

OK,

So I received the Vectrex & cartridge and the Neo CDZ for parts from him. However, I have *not* received the JAMMA board I also paid him for.

GRRRR... He hasn't communicated anything back to me in a couple of weeks now about that last board.

He's done that to me too. Received 2/3 the stuff that he offered.

• 5 weeks later...

James or Jimmy Orr

BrooklynAtari

NYAtarifan

NYAtariFanatic

nyatarifanatic@aol.com

james.orr@aol.com

Took my money ($38) and ran. Responded to my emails once with excuses and false claims that he had just shipped the item, now does not respond. His mailbox here is full, likely with messages from other pissed off people.

Update - I received a message on the 2nd of January from Mr Orr promising to send a refund. As of the end of January - no payment received.

Edited by jacobus

• 2 weeks later...
People here should know what they can get themselves into when they deal with this guy. Big talker, but doesn't do much except give out excuses and then disappear from the AtariAge boards for weeks at a time. I know some people here have had positive trades with mumbai, but that definately has not been my experience. I can only recommend to everyone to avoid doing business with him.

Dude. Seriously. I was moving and looking for a job last April, both unexpectedly. I will admit that it was inappropriate to open discussion with so much unsettled, but that's not grounds for making wild accusations or impugning my character by labeling legitimate, real-world concerns as mere excuses. Truth is, whether or not I pulled manuals from storage to make a sale wasn't a priority for me, and I apologize for not making it very clear where the transaction stood in my personal queue. As I recall, shortly thereabouts you jumped into collecting boxed games, making the original wantlist for only manuals moot.

Given that I more than helped you out later in 2008 with a number of difficult-to-find boxed games with nary a problem between us (apart from a check made payable to the wrong person), I should hope you've changed your mind by now.

I do have a life apart from games. Sometimes it gets in the way. I'm certainly no AA regular. Guilty as charged...

People here should know what they can get themselves into when they deal with this guy. Big talker, but doesn't do much except give out excuses and then disappear from the AtariAge boards for weeks at a time. I know some people here have had positive trades with mumbai, but that definately has not been my experience. I can only recommend to everyone to avoid doing business with him.

Dude. Seriously. I was moving and looking for a job last April, both unexpectedly. I will admit that it was inappropriate to open discussion with so much unsettled, but that's not grounds for making wild accusations or impugning my character by labeling legitimate, real-world concerns as mere excuses. Truth is, whether or not I pulled manuals from storage to make a sale wasn't a priority for me, and I apologize for not making it very clear where the transaction stood in my personal queue. As I recall, shortly thereabouts you jumped into collecting boxed games, making the original wantlist for only manuals moot.

Given that I more than helped you out later in 2008 with a number of difficult-to-find boxed games with nary a problem between us (apart from a check made payable to the wrong person), I should hope you've changed your mind by now.

I do have a life apart from games. Sometimes it gets in the way. I'm certainly no AA regular. Guilty as charged...

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Don't put em up if you can't do the deal. Pretty simple.

• 4 weeks later...
jennifers2267 was selling Montezuma's Revenge on E-bay and tried to bid me up with a B.S. buyer. She (or he) used a different user name (with no F.B.) to bid me WAY up. I knew it was a scam after it went into the $30 range, but I played along. Eventually she tried to get me past $75 and I stopped for fear that it would stop there and I would be stuck with a $75 Montezumas Revenge cart. Anyway, stay clear of this scammer.

I don't know she looks like a big Atari Player. :roll: :D

http://myworld.ebay.com/danisuto

Nice find Wolfman. I did not even think to look up the shill buyer. Anyway, after I stopped bidding and the shiller won, I get an e-mail 3 days later claiming the winning bidder did not pay. And she wanted to know if I wanted the game for $75.

By the way how the hell did you find my bid? Was the auction on your watch list?

lame, it should go back to the price before the flake (and or shill) put in their first bid... at least thats what I've been offered by honest sellers when the winner backed out...

Edited by sl0re

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this marks a new age for me. When you make a trade you make a trade right? I was just wondering if anyone has ever sent an item to trade and it ever got lost in the mail and the other party never sent theirs? I just had this happen to me. I won't mention any names because this person has SOLD quite a bit here on AA and I don't want to tarnish their reputation. Here's the low down on the situation.

1) I put a request to do a trade or sale

2) I get a reply and a deal is made

3) We both agree to make a trade

4) I send emails to this person and I ask if they intend to send at the same time. They reply "Very Soon."

5) I send the package Priority with conformation.

6) I wait for package to arrive only to get a reply asking me if I have sent the package.

7) PM replied to. Conformation also showed the package was delivered.

8 ) Other party says package never arrived even though many packages were there but mine was mysteriously not there.

9) Other party does everything they can, in their words, to make a truce but never sent my trade package.

10) I ask why they didn't send and get a big huge sob story with no reason as to why they never sent the package.

I only ask because I am a hugely trusting person that doesn't have deep pockets but things can be replaced. My attitude will never deter from the happy go lucky person I am. Has anyone ever had this happen and what did you do? I only posted this because I would like to hear how some have resolved their matters if this happened to them. In a civilized manner. Please don't ask me to say thier name. If the person responsible wants to do that then fine. Be careful and always use Signature Conformation. Lessons learned and be careful trading. ;)

Edited by ninermaniac

If you have a confirmation and the person said they didn't recieve it the first thing I would do is go to the Post Office and ask for it to be traced. If the Post Office accidentally delivered it to the wrong place they may be able to recover it. If the original recipient lied about not receiving it, they could be in big trouble as mail fraud is a federal offense.

Mitch

If you have a confirmation and the person said they didn't recieve it the first thing I would do is go to the Post Office and ask for it to be traced. If the Post Office accidentally delivered it to the wrong place they may be able to recover it. If the original recipient lied about not receiving it, they could be in big trouble as mail fraud is a federal offense.

Mitch

Mitch, believe me. I had it traced and got a reply back from USPS.ING. They said and I quote: "From our investigation in this matter. It has been determined that in fact the parcel has been delivered to the address specified." That's what I got and I just don't understand how it could possibly be lost if they say it was delivered. Honestly, if it wasn't and they might be just going by the word of the Post Master they spoke with then shame on the Post Master. It still doesn't change the fact that a trade never occurred. :(

9) Other party does everything they can, in their words, to make a truce but never sent my trade package.

10) I ask why they didn't send and get a big huge sob story.

This is a bit disturbing, especially the bit about a huge sob story. First, they didn't send it when you sent your package? Were these supposed to go out at roughly the same time? Second, if this happened to me and it was with someone who had a good reputation here, I would have sent the package anyway if the delivery confirmation showed the package was delivered in my town. Third, I don't understand what the sob story has to do with this?

..Al

This is a bit disturbing, especially the bit about a huge sob story. First, they didn't send it when you sent your package? Were these supposed to go out at roughly the same time? Second, if this happened to me and it was with someone who had a good reputation here, I would have sent the package anyway if the delivery confirmation showed the package was delivered in my town. Third, I don't understand what the sob story has to do with this?

..Al

Al. All is good now.

Edited by ninermaniac

..Al

Al. When I asked why they had not sent the package to me for the trade they beat around the bush with other remarks that had nothing to do wtih the actual trade. That to me was a sob story and I guess I should have said beating around the bush instead. I apologize if I made it sound differently.

Who ever it, is just send him his package. He did what he said he was. Quit being so Petty. HHW

Well I sure hope it wasnt superjudge3 because in my trade with this guy, the same thing happened and I was patient for over 6 months with sob story after sob story and Im just glad it wasnt expensive but the fact that I paid my $ to ship to this %$% makes the point of the matter even more aggravating. To know I got taken by this guy and then to shell out money for it too is maddening and the dirtbag still posts in the Jag Forum from time to time.

The only other crook that I dealt with in AA is revsdr, so if it is him, you are screwed as well.

In that case, he stole $57 from me and paypal recovered $3 and he closed his acct I guess.

So that crook still owes me $54 and I havent forgotten about him. He will get his due in the end, I just hope I can put him in jail for a bigger theft as Ive been researching him and keeping tabs and once a thief, always a thief in my book. You listening Stacy? I will never stop until you get what you deserve.

Both of thee crooks have logged in since but I dont think revsdr has posted since. Members in good standing? Neither of these guys are so I doubt it is who's playing games with you.

Whomever it is, hopefully you get it taken care of.

Sincerely, Goodluck and I hope it works out for you Seth ;) -Ant

No Phantom it was niether of the two you have mentioned. I am cutting ties of communication with the trade person because I feel they have no moral compass and would not benefit the situation. Vindication is a tool of the desparate soul. I am only asking what else could be done if the package actually did not arrive and has anyone had this happen to them? :ponder:

I know you said you don't want to let anyone know who it is since they deal alot on these boards, but people need to know.

If the USPS individually tracked and confirmation both tracked the package to the location then you upheld your part of the deal. I had this same problem with a ebay transaction years ago and is still my only negative showing on my ebay ever. You did your part, now people need to know they didn't do theirs and know who it is.

I understand your concerns. I had the package traced and it indeed has been once again confirmed to be delivered. If it was stolen off his porch then that still isn't my problem. Maybe his neighbor took the package because he sees the money he is making off of Atari stuff. Still it is not my problem. All I wanted was a trade and never got one. Hopefully soon this mess will be fixed. :(

Edited by ninermaniac