since 2005

AA name:

bark40oz

AKA:

William XXXXXXXXX

902 n cascade w.b.731

coloradosprings co 80946

Did a huge trade with him for all my Neo stuff for "Everything" Jaguar

Shipped him the stuff...had constant Emails...He got my stuff..month goes by..still got emails..Oh your Jag stuff musta got lost in the mail....month goes by..I have it dude they found it at the PO.....Ill ship it out when I get cash...OK

THEN my JAG stuff was stolen from his house? WTF! And he knew who had it!....Got it back from them...Ill ship it when I get some cash!....Got cash now my car is broke and I way sick with heart problems....So I say I come to pick it up on my VACATION.....OH DUDE I can totally ship it again........You havent got it yet....NO......I'll put a trace on it for you........nothing yet?....NO!NO!NO!

So I pulled my card..Im a Postal Inspector for the USPS!

Im looking into the whole Shipping thing I said....

So he comes back with DUDE I'll just send you back your NEO stuff....FINE!

About 3 weeks later I get 2 large boxes of hundreds of 2600 games from UPS!

I conact him he sent me the wrong stuff and somebody else has my Neo stuff....ARG!

Do you have any clue on how many guns I have?

So he has UPS ship me out new stickers to get this fixed...

I get the new stickers but Im thinking GOD I know if I ship this out I'll never see my Neo Stuff Again...Really almost just kept them.

Well I shipped it out...2 weeks later I get most of my Neo stuff back, some in pretty bad condition, like my new cracked system.

Yeah they musta played the hell out of it....

Never heard from him again.....Always wondered who's atari games I got since he never recovered them from the theft at his house...

There is so much more I left out, but this guy threw out soooooo many sob stories and BS after I sent the stuff out.

LIAR LIAR LIAR at least keep your stories straight.

Sorry...just a VERY sore spot for me in my first year here.

Now I dont trust anyone named Will,William,Bill

Or Colorado!

Edited by nonner242

If you have a confirmation and the person said they didn't recieve it the first thing I would do is go to the Post Office and ask for it to be traced. If the Post Office accidentally delivered it to the wrong place they may be able to recover it. If the original recipient lied about not receiving it, they could be in big trouble as mail fraud is a federal offense.

Mitch

Mitch, believe me. I had it traced and got a reply back from USPS.ING. They said and I quote: "From our investigation in this matter. It has been determined that in fact the parcel has been delivered to the address specified." That's what I got and I just don't understand how it could possibly be lost if they say it was delivered. Honestly, if it wasn't and they might be just going by the word of the Post Master they spoke with then shame on the Post Master. It still doesn't change the fact that a trade never occurred. :(

This is from me as a Postal Worker

There is no way that "From our investigation in this matter. It has been determined that in fact the parcel has been delivered to the address specified" It cant be done they are lying....All it can show is who had the scanner and the time of delivery" or when they scanned the parcel... NOT where it was delivered.

Deliver Confirm means nothing other than a "Mailman" scanned a package, Maybe as he delivered it to a "house" may not be yours...could be a neighbor. He could of scanned it in his truck before he started his swing for the street....and delivered it to the wrong place....If it was to an apartment...well it can be set in the hall or mail room.

Unless it a sig confirm it is not ever guaranteed to get to you. Just delivered to.....somewhere.

If it something $$$$ Sig Confirm is the only way....

In my dealing with ppl with packages sent to me if it is Delivery Confirmed and shows it be delivered to me and I never receive it, I cannot honestly be mad at the sender unless they were supposed to send it another way. Its all the Mailman's fault for mis-delivery or possible theft.

If you have a confirmation and the person said they didn't recieve it the first thing I would do is go to the Post Office and ask for it to be traced. If the Post Office accidentally delivered it to the wrong place they may be able to recover it. If the original recipient lied about not receiving it, they could be in big trouble as mail fraud is a federal offense.

Mitch

Mitch, believe me. I had it traced and got a reply back from USPS.ING. They said and I quote: "From our investigation in this matter. It has been determined that in fact the parcel has been delivered to the address specified." That's what I got and I just don't understand how it could possibly be lost if they say it was delivered. Honestly, if it wasn't and they might be just going by the word of the Post Master they spoke with then shame on the Post Master. It still doesn't change the fact that a trade never occurred. :(

There is no way that "From our investigation in this matter. It has been determined that in fact the parcel has been delivered to the address specified" It cant be done they are lying....All it can show is who had the scanner and the time of delivery" or when they scanned the parcel... NOT where it was delivered.

Deliver Confirm means nothing other than a "Mailman" scanned a package, Maybe as he delivered it to a "house" may not be yours...could be a neighbor. He could of scanned it in his truck before he started his swing for the street....and delivered it to the wrong place....If it was to an apartment...well it can be set in the hall or mail room.

Unless it a sig confirm it is not ever guaranteed to get to you. Just delivered to.....somewhere.

In my dealing with ppl with packages sent to me if it is Delivery Confirmed and shows it be delivered to me and I never receive it, I cannot honestly be mad at the sender unless they were supposed to send it another way. Its all the Mailman's fault for mis-delivery or possible theft.

I am not getting upset at you just letting you know what was said. Call it what you may. Every route has scanning points where they scan to show where they were at and what time. I know this. The Post Master himself said it was delivered. He said there was no way that his Postman made a mistake. I then got in touch with USPS.IG. They contacted the Post Master. I got the response back from them telling me that from their investigation the package was delivered to the address specified. If they are lying, as I have said before, then shame on them. Still it is not my fault. It was a confirmed delivery. The Post Master said it and so did USPS.IG. I took that as being the end of the story. I have to go by what they tell me and if that is what they say then that is what I go by. I am not lashing out at you but just letting you know that is what was told to me.

Edited by ninermaniac

Mitch

I am not getting upset at you just letting you know what was said. Call it what you may. Every route has scanning points where they scan to show where they were at and what time. I know this. The Post Master himself said it was delivered. He said there was no way that his Postman made a mistake. I then got in touch with USPS.IG. They contacted the Post Master. I got the response back from them telling me that from their investigation the package was delivered to the address specified. If they are lying, as I have said before, then shame on them. Still it is not my fault. It was a confirmed delivery. The Post Master said it and so did USPS.IG. I took that as being the end of the story. How do you know it wasn't delivered? You don't. I have to go by what they tell me and if that is what they say then that is what I go by. I am not lashing out at you but just letting you know that is what was told to me.

You have no reason to be mad at me! :P

Yes there is a scan point at each swing. The Postmaster cannot say downright we F'd up. Nor will they even if you caught them,,,its in their training. And yes Mailmen make mistakes....I have, but I caught mine and fix them...Most dont care especially if its a new route to them, or they are helping out another station, they are new...or just a temp/casual help. Just keep in mind tho that the PO will blow you off unless it insured, it dosent hit them in the pocketbook. Thats the onlytime other than a Mailman stealing that they "Really" look into anything. I undestant how frustrating it can be REALLY.

Well. It's Time to bury the HATCHET on this because there is no way I am getting my trade. In the days of the VIKINGS it was called a barter. In those days if you went against your word you were shunned and beaten. I guess times have changed a little. In an age where 24K and the almighty dollar rule. I guess honesty and morals dangle on a string of faith in each other to make the right descisions and keep a peaceful environment. I really don't understand the thinking of some and probably never will. What happened to the days of not knowing your neighbor but you would give them the shirt off your back to make sure they stayed another day safe just like you do. Well I can safely say that in times of peril and turmoil, the economy, those thoughts fly straight out the window. This is a just a warning to others to take every single precaution possible to ensure things turn in your favor. Be sure to deal with persons who actually use their REAL NAME at some point during the process. It makes a bond that is trusting and you get on a different level where you actually feel you know the person. Be careful and trade safely.

Just come out as say it's the.golden.ax your dealing with.

Sherlock Shawn! huh never seen him before on here, I guess I'll avoid any trades with him. He Sounds quite Sleuthy! :D

Thanks for the reveal iwan

Hmmm......WAIT! Could he be related to Shawn Sr? :ponder:

Very Interesting indeed!

Edited by nonner242

Glad top here the game was found after going to the wrong address. A tank command isn't exactly chump change. What a mess, glad I wasn't on either end of this one. Ax sure put in the extra leg work from what I hear to figure this mess out. I only hope both parties can sex and make up as both sides are good people. Faith in the post office and DC just went down a motherload I tell ya that much.

I dont wanna see man on man sex! :woozy:

Im glad it has been found...pretty amazing job there.

But........

Told ya!

The P.O. will LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just to shut you up!

"From our investigation in this matter. It has been determined that in fact the parcel has been delivered to the address specified." LIEI will say it again! It cannot be tracked that way to a specific house. You have all been warned!

Signature Confirm on ANY big trade/purchase...thats all!

Wow. I must applaud and publicly apologize to the.golden.ax for his efforts. What I would like to know is how in the heck you got somewhere with this mess. I couldn't get past the Post Master. Ax. You need to share your secrets with the forum so we all can learn how you did such an amazing job tracking it down. Again, thank you Ax. :cool:

I forgive you for saying mean things about me.

Listen to track #3 - Eyes Open Wide

Tips:

"never give up, never give in, and keep on holding on"

AX

Cool. I am glad you didn't give up. Again, thanks and I am sorry. :cool:

Everything is great and I got my game thanks to the hard diligent work of the.golden.ax. :cool:

Edited by ninermaniac

• 3 weeks later...
James or Jimmy Orr

BrooklynAtari

NYAtarifan

NYAtariFanatic

nyatarifanatic@aol.com

james.orr@aol.com

Took my money ($38) and ran. Responded to my emails once with excuses and false claims that he had just shipped the item, now does not respond. His mailbox here is full, likely with messages from other pissed off people.

Update - I received a message on the 2nd of January from Mr Orr promising to send a refund. As of the end of January - no payment received.

Same type of situation

Avoid nyatarifanatic James Orr at all costs!!!

Ripped me off too.

Lied to me about shipping items. I paid for insurance and asked for the reciept to file a claim.

Anyone got a valid Phone number and address for him?

The one I have doesn't seem to be valid...

Edited by Defender II

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody had any contact with Curt Vendel?

I'm waiting on two of the Legacy Engineering Group's Atari 2600 PC joysticks that I ordered awhile ago. I've tried to contact Curt here, and haven't gotten a PM back.

Did anybody here order these items and receive them? Shortly after I ordered, the order status on Curt's site changed to these items being out of stock and that they were back-logged on shipping them out.