IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I also am awaiting a Paypal claim refund for a transaction with cell1064 for this auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1403813533031?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140381353303&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Title = Atari 2600 Game BMX ARIMASTER ntsc ATARI

Description = This Auction is for the Atari 2600 Game BMX AIRMASTER BY ATARI. THIS CART APPEARS TO BE NTSC. IT DOES WORK ON U.S. TELEVISIONS.

What I paid = $136

What I got = PAL BMX Airmaster worth $10 tops

have you got your refund yet?

Yeah I had a problem with www.dascheap.com.

Domain name info :-

Registrant:

Das Cheap Domains

5190 Neil Road

Reno, Nevada 89502

United States

Domain Name: DASCHEAP.COM

Created on: 10-Sep-09

Expires on: 10-Sep-10

Last Updated on: 30-Nov-09

Administrative Contact:

Das Cheap LLC, Das Cheap

Das Cheap Domains

5190 Neil Road

Reno, Nevada 89502

United States

+1.7753331133 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Das Cheap LLC, Das Cheap

Das Cheap Domains

5190 Neil Road

Reno, Nevada 89502

United States

+1.7753331133 Fax --

# "Das Cheap, LLC" owns about 199 other domains.

# is a contact on the whois record of 740 domains

The site registration address doesn't match the one in their "contact us" on the site.

Thanks!

I'm going to make a consumer complaint in Nevada and California.

No. AFAIK, he hasn't received the package yet. I chose the cheap shipping (but with signature confirmation).

You?

Just got it in full!

But I had to make an international call to ebay to request it, along with half a dozen emails that fell on deaf ears at customer support. That coupled with the fact that the exchange rate is totally crap now, and I had to pay for return postage - it's about AU$75 short of the original amount :(

My item reached his address but was unsuccessfully delivered - ie. he ignored it. Then for the last week it was awaiting pick up from his local depot. I'm sure he thought if he left it there - he wouldn't have to refund. Anyway Ebay did come through with the goods - so I am happier.

I think I can convert my refund into Aussie $$ through paypal when the US $ is stronger again... might make up for some of the loss.(?)

He - cell1064 - is still selling a lot of Atari stuff. I would really like to do some damage to his sales by getting his name out there as a Thief! - Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by nofrills100

My story with them was that they go around boasting that they have the cheapest prices and their fake independent review site dasreviews tries to throw traffic their way. I was a victim but I got lucky because instead of giving my credit card to these unsavory chaps I used Paypal. Two weeks after my Retrogen didn't show up I disputed the charge with Paypal and got my money back.

I think they might me collecting bank card info from people for identity theft. Why else would they offer games at lower then anyone else prices then not send. Probably owned by the russian mob or something. When it's too good to be true, it usually is. Why would a company want you to buy from them that is magically selling items for cost with no potential for making profit? I'll tell you why, identities. That's what they want. Be wary

Well, I am going to call you out "mysterious" poster guy. I do reviews for DasCheap and honestly I would love for you to PM your "order number" to find out what your talking about. If you placed a legitimate order, the item would have shipped. In fact, I just ran a contest that I personally know they sent out prizes for..and those items are free! Russian Mob? C'mon buddy..give me a break. I will personally vouch for them and if any problems were ever to arise then you can come talk to me.

It sounds like your just an angry competitor that gouges your prices and now that you can't milk customers...you are trying to discredit a company for no reason.. Tsk..Tsk..

I just got conflicting communications from Paypal. One said "you said during your claim you'd accept a partial refund so that is what we're giving you" but in the case history it says a full refund was approved. They better give a full refund because I only agreed to a partial refund if I was keeping the cart. Since I had to return the cart, I want a full!

My story with them was that they go around boasting that they have the cheapest prices and their fake independent review site dasreviews tries to throw traffic their way. I was a victim but I got lucky because instead of giving my credit card to these unsavory chaps I used Paypal. Two weeks after my Retrogen didn't show up I disputed the charge with Paypal and got my money back.

I think they might me collecting bank card info from people for identity theft. Why else would they offer games at lower then anyone else prices then not send. Probably owned by the russian mob or something. When it's too good to be true, it usually is. Why would a company want you to buy from them that is magically selling items for cost with no potential for making profit? I'll tell you why, identities. That's what they want. Be wary

Well, I am going to call you out "mysterious" poster guy. I do reviews for DasCheap and honestly I would love for you to PM your "order number" to find out what your talking about. If you placed a legitimate order, the item would have shipped. In fact, I just ran a contest that I personally know they sent out prizes for..and those items are free! Russian Mob? C'mon buddy..give me a break. I will personally vouch for them and if any problems were ever to arise then you can come talk to me.

It sounds like your just an angry competitor that gouges your prices and now that you can't milk customers...you are trying to discredit a company for no reason.. Tsk..Tsk..

First off Oldskoolfool, tool, whatever your name is. I purchased from Retrobitgames.com which you later turned over to Dascheap.com. If you still type in retrobitgames.com it transfers to dascheap. I purchased the item in December '09 and never received it. You must of soiled your first name already and are already on a new name. You know who I am. We had correspondence three weeks after I ordered and you told me you were "just about to send it out". LMAO Nice one.

And just to prove your full of crap, that promotion you just bragged about Dascheap sending out all the free goods already (quoted by you "In fact, I just ran a contest that I personally know they sent out prizes for..")... The promotion was for a game that's NOT released for three weeks yet. So they didn't send squat. So who are you trying to fool, FOOL? Sorry, This friggin guy is a waste of time.

I just got conflicting communications from Paypal. One said "you said during your claim you'd accept a partial refund so that is what we're giving you" but in the case history it says a full refund was approved. They better give a full refund because I only agreed to a partial refund if I was keeping the cart. Since I had to return the cart, I want a full!

yeah totally.

He agreed to do a partial refund and I keep the cart - then he didn't even go ahead with the partial refund? I sent the cart back and contacted ebay to make it clear what the deal was.

You should just ring ebay and ask to be put through to the refunds/retruns/accounts dept. They now have the details of how he tried to scam me - I reckon you'd be in for a quick full refund off the back of that.

edit - also stress to them that this buyer should have his account suspended or investigated for his misconduct.

Edited by nofrills100

first bad ebay experience in a while.

I purchased a 1050 from 'honestabe55814' on ebay. he shipped the thing in a box with an interior length and width the same as the 1050, and a couple sheets of newsprint aboce and below the drive for "padding" and charged me $15 for the honor of badly packaging and shipping the drive via parcel post :( the pc-board is good, although it has a strange homebrew us-doubler in it.

JP 1/3 removed, 2/4 jumped with copper wire and a flying wire from JP1 to 4 ?????

and have to replace 2 failing diodes CR15 and 16, but i expect small repairs like that.

Edited by tregare

finally heard back from the seller "That is how i packed the other two drives i had and they went further than where you were one went to canada the other to california and they made it just fine." Geez :(

luckily i bought the drive for the PCB, which seems functional after replacing the 1N4001's @ CR 15 and 16

halvorsen99 on eBay. They bid on their own items with other IDs. You can tell because they relist the item if they accidentally win, and then bid it up AGAIN with the same ID winning the same product more than once. For example (specifically one of a kind... USER ID kristyn320) They listed a domain name (hard to have two of those in stock that are identical :roll: ). Looking at their closed listings for hot items that got plenty of bids, results in some low feedback users that have 100% bidding history with the seller on 50+ items.

AX

First off Oldskoolfool, tool, whatever your name is. I purchased from Retrobitgames.com which you later turned over to Dascheap.com. If you still type in retrobitgames.com it transfers to dascheap. I purchased the item in December '09 and never received it. You must of soiled your first name already and are already on a new name. You know who I am. We had correspondence three weeks after I ordered and you told me you were "just about to send it out". LMAO Nice one.

And just to prove your full of crap, that promotion you just bragged about Dascheap sending out all the free goods already (quoted by you "In fact, I just ran a contest that I personally know they sent out prizes for..")... The promotion was for a game that's NOT released for three weeks yet. So they didn't send squat. So who are you trying to fool, FOOL? Sorry, This friggin guy is a waste of time.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You seem to be that mystery poster that is going around flaming me. No matter your a tool and you may want to get your story straight before you shoot off your tongue. The contest was held 3 weeks before Super Street Fighter 4 came out because it was a contest to win the game(s). And I personally sent out the prizes. You can check on the Gootecks SFIV forums as well as SRK.

Your flaming is wasting my time..but nice try. PS: You may want to post somewhere else because this thread is for ebay traders, not stupid haters!

:lol: :lolblue: at Shawn (well, more like with Shawn)

I am glad I have never had a bad trading experience so far. But the only bad thing that did happen recently was Albert sent me a lot of 240 Atari carts for Monkey Labs to do some contract experiment-work on and UPS broke the box!

It must have slammed into another package or something because in the middle of the stacks of carts.....A NYKO WIIMOTE! So basically you should always do contract work with Al. You get free stuff in the boxes, and he doesn't even have to pay for the stuff! Win-win for both Al and Monkey Labs! :D

I won this auction. Paid for it right away. Heard nothing. After 2 weeks got a notification from PayPal that the auction had been refunded. Seller's note was "Sorry I couldnt get this out to you, things have been crazy around here." OK, fine. That sucks cause I wanted the item, but no harm no foul. Another week goes by and I get another notification from PayPal saying the refund was refused by the seller's bank. I email the seller asking him/her to investigate the refund or send the item. No response. Tried again after a couple more days. Still no response. Got another email from PayPal confirming the refund was refused and I should contact the seller - Garland Cook. (no kidding! I've trying to!) Emailed again. Don't expect a response, though.

Anyhow here's a link the auction I "won"

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3304194937911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330419493791&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

At this point, I'd have to say that "pick-me-someting', doesn't get my recommendation. I have been on eBay for 12 years and this will the first time I am leaving negative feedback. Yuck.

• 2 weeks later...

I won this auction. Paid for it right away. Heard nothing. After 2 weeks got a notification from PayPal that the auction had been refunded. Seller's note was "Sorry I couldnt get this out to you, things have been crazy around here." OK, fine. That sucks cause I wanted the item, but no harm no foul. Another week goes by and I get another notification from PayPal saying the refund was refused by the seller's bank. I email the seller asking him/her to investigate the refund or send the item. No response. Tried again after a couple more days. Still no response. Got another email from PayPal confirming the refund was refused and I should contact the seller - Garland Cook. (no kidding! I've been trying to!) Emailed again. Don't expect a response, though.

Anyhow here's a link the auction I "won"

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3304194937911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330419493791&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

At this point, I'd have to say that "pick-me-someting', doesn't get my recommendation. I have been on eBay for 12 years and this will the first time I am leaving negative feedback. Yuck.

Just a little update... STILL never heard a peep from the seller. I opened a case with ebay and they refunded my money directly.

This thread is a great service, eventually, most dead beat sellers, mainly from Ebay will get their names posted here at AA.Sounds minuscule, but it actually isn't.Bad feedback goes round more than good.To me, next to murder, stealing someones hard earned cash is the worst low life thing anyone can do.

Edited by Rik

Warning. Stay away from a guy on here named The Golden Ax in Nashville Tn . Paypaled him 200.00 may 2nd for some items and then he got flooded a day or 2 later from the terrible Nashville floods. Emailed him several times got a email telling me he would send me a refund but ge spent the 200.00 already ? 23 days later I still have no refund or items . Seems to have lots if fellow atarians support but am sure if any if them gave hi. 200.00 cash and he stood on it for 20 + days I would hope they would be concerned . Just advise STAY AWAY from this guy ..

Warning. Stay away from a guy on here named The Golden Ax in Nashville Tn . Paypaled him 200.00 may 2nd for some items and then he got flooded a day or 2 later from the terrible Nashville floods. Emailed him several times got a email telling me he would send me a refund but ge spent the 200.00 already ? 23 days later I still have no refund or items . Seems to have lots if fellow atarians support but am sure if any if them gave hi. 200.00 cash and he stood on it for 20 + days I would hope they would be concerned . Just advise STAY AWAY from this guy ..

Enjoy your ban. Ax is an upstanding member here going through a horrible time.

Edited by thanatos