IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Like I said, shoot me a PM with your paypal information, I sent the money twice but since it was cash in the mail you may be right and you may NOT have gotten it. You never know with those sorts of things and as much as I deplore it, I deal primarily in paypal for that exact reason now.

I should mention that this was over a year and a half ago.

Edited by liquid_sky

Like I said, shoot me a PM with your paypal information, I sent the money twice but since it was cash in the mail you may be right and you may NOT have gotten it. You never know with those sorts of things and as much as I deplore it, I deal primarily in paypal for that exact reason now.

I should mention that this was over a year and a half ago.

I can asure you I never got any money or GAMES from you and my record here is spotless. How about yours now? PM coming your way.

I dug up the old thread and did notice that a DC game was in the deal and it never got to you due to the postal system.. not sure if thattl get you the game or not but maybe it will. If not, grab yourself a PS2 game. Go out to eat. Have a stripper on me.. whatever you want. Its no problem.. the deal went bad and I am glad that you DID give me the chance to work things out, even if it was a long time ago. To be honest, had you not brought it up in this thread I woudlnt have remembered and I dont like to leave things undone.

I dug up the old thread and did notice that a DC game was in the deal and it never got to you due to the postal system.. not sure if thattl get you the game or not but maybe it will. If not, grab yourself a PS2 game. Go out to eat. Have a stripper on me.. whatever you want. Its no problem.. the deal went bad and I am glad that you DID give me the chance to work things out, even if it was a long time ago. To be honest, had you not brought it up in this thread I woudlnt have remembered and I dont like to leave things undone.

Ahem, I have to say, not only did he renew his rep but he basically aquired "5 additional positive feedbacks" according to the E-bay standard. Nicely done man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ahem, I have to say, not only did he renew his rep but he basically aquired "5 additional positive feedbacks" according to the E-bay standard. Nicely done man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here here to that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with MINDFIELD and I have to post this.

I know he's an experienced member here and probably does business with lots of people. I made 2 business with him. First, a US$ 200 + shipping Vectrex with games, I paid high for this system just because it was from a well known AA member. This went ok.

But then, I bought a huge Activision lot for US$ 175 (sale, not trade). This was in the middle of 2005.

Well, I never received the package. I understand international shipping its a mess, and not perfect. However, in my 2 years of buying stuff around the world, it was the first time this happened. I spoke with fellow collectors who told me they never had a package not delivered in years. Ok, it happened to me.

Mindfield at first told me to wait a little more, and in my opinion now he seemed to be simply gaining time. Well, one year after, I asked him about a 50% refund or something. That is: if he knows Canada mail is a mess and if he earns some cash selling stuff (dont matter how much), I think he should at least stand behind his sales.

If something similar had occurred with anyone who had bought from me, I would strongly consider giving a refund, splitting the loss or sending something to compensate. To be honest, I did receive a Dynacom loose cart from him, I liked! but oh, well...

I just want to let you know: if you buy from MINEFIELD, the risk is on you, he wont back up. And Canada mail sucks hard.

Well, I bought (and paid for) a $125 lot from another AA member in NJ over a year ago, and never got anything in the end.

Package was 'lost' in the UPS system (and it was shipped insured) before it even got to initial tracking stages, and I never received anything. No goods, no check. Nothing.

Can't even get a PM reply anymore it seems. :|

EDIT: The bad trade was with JerseyDevil. It also seems he has been inactive here since late May, though I sent PMs previous to then that also went unanswered :(

Edited by remowilliams

• 1 month later...

I had a marginal trade experience with this guy: Petro Derix from the Netherlands email: retrogames at home.nl

We spent a while ecking out a trade. I was getting some SMS game parts and a complete GG game and he was getting various classic carts and stuff from me.

He sent his items in 4 envelopes to save money. One envelope resulted in smooshing of a boxed game. No big whoop. Unfortunately, one of the envelopes wasn't sealed properly and arrived open, empty. This is something we could rectify in a future trade. Instead, he doesn't respond to emails at all. I'm very accommodating, but when someone just doesn't reply, it puts me in a bad position, with no chance to discuss. I would discourage trading with him without receiving his stuff first, if you trade with him at all.

I hope he contacts me in the future, but I doubt that will happen. The attempted trade occured in May 2006 and I've sent him several emails that have not been returned.

Edited by ianoid

Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with MINDFIELD and I have to post this.

I know he's an experienced member here and probably does business with lots of people. I made 2 business with him. First, a US$ 200 + shipping Vectrex with games, I paid high for this system just because it was from a well known AA member. This went ok.

But then, I bought a huge Activision lot for US$ 175 (sale, not trade). This was in the middle of 2005.

Well, I never received the package. I understand international shipping its a mess, and not perfect. However, in my 2 years of buying stuff around the world, it was the first time this happened. I spoke with fellow collectors who told me they never had a package not delivered in years. Ok, it happened to me.

Mindfield at first told me to wait a little more, and in my opinion now he seemed to be simply gaining time. Well, one year after, I asked him about a 50% refund or something. That is: if he knows Canada mail is a mess and if he earns some cash selling stuff (dont matter how much), I think he should at least stand behind his sales.

If something similar had occurred with anyone who had bought from me, I would strongly consider giving a refund, splitting the loss or sending something to compensate. To be honest, I did receive a Dynacom loose cart from him, I liked! but oh, well...

I just want to let you know: if you buy from MINEFIELD, the risk is on you, he wont back up. And Canada mail sucks hard.

That's pretty surprising to hear, Tom. I've done several deals with Mindfield, and its never gone bad for me. And I've done one with TomBrazil, and all went well too, to my knowledge. Like I said, I'm surprised to hear this. I wonder if there's a specific Canada to Brazil issue going on there.

Bad traders should get banned...

It took 9 months before my problem with Johnny Blaze was resolved, and all it was over a simple trade

In my defense:

Number 1: It wasn't nine months, it was 5.

Number 2: The trade was for my homemade video commercial DVD's. My computer was broken and I had a whole big dispute with HP, since every time they gave it back, THEY DIDN'T FIX THE DAMN MACHINE! It wasn't until I took it to a third party to get repaired in April, that it was fixed. How am I supposed to make your discs without a DVD burner? Should I pull them out of my ass? I even offered to give you my originals but it wasn't until March that I recieved your correspondence, as I emailed you several times about it! This is the ONLY time that there was a delay in trade and it was over shit I couldn't control!

BTW, I know this response is a few months late, but I didn't know he was talking shit about me until now.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

• 2 weeks later...

I have been quiet about this guy for a long time, but I submit to you it is FND that is someone you should watch out for.

He twists what happened in this message to make it look like I am a jerk when in reality he was the one who scammed

me. First of all I told him I was loookign for the case for the Portfolio and it would take a while for him to get it. He

said fine no problem and 2 days later reported me to paypal "to cover his ass" (his words). I did send him the Portfolio

altho I was pissed and this guy after harrassing me everywhere he could (on unrelated forums and apparently here) wouldnt answer any emails from me or notify Paypal he received what he paid for. Despite many promises to do so before I sent

the merchandise. Personally I am glad to be done with this joker and would think twice if I was you before I sold him

anything. He never mentions I gave him an excellent deal on a awesome cond port with ac adapter book orig disk and

I even was going as far as digging in my parents attic to find the orig case and that is how he repaid me. I trusted him

because my other dealings with people on this board were great, but now I use Ebay almost exclusively due to this bad

experience. Hell he never even bothered posting to this forum her recieved the product?!?

This is old news to me now and if you look on ebay etc.. you can see I have perfect transactions with everyone I deal

with except for some reason this guy (?) Hmmm... what does that tell you? I fully expect

this immature guy to carry on some kind of flame war now, but I am telling you all this message is not for me just

for you, so dont expect me to engage in endless replies to defend myself. He is not worth my time.

Kevin

Bad trader alert

UPDATE 5\12\06

Looks like the last response from the seller that the item

was now on the way was just more BS.

Can't wait to here the excuse this time

UPDATE 5\02\06

Got a response from seller today (5/2/06) and was told the item

is now on the way, I will update the post and remove the

bad mark as soon as the item arrives

AA User name kevin242

Ebay user name icetitan242

I purchased the following item offered on these boards by the above user

Portfolio w/manual pararell interface and orig disk

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85242

Item has not been received and he has stopped communicating

With me (its been over five weeks since I sent the paypal payment).

Below is a history of the deal

He requested I send the payment immediately so he could mail the package

The next day. Waited two weeks before asking about item and was told he

Was looking for an extra item he wanted to add to the package but could

Not find it so he would now send the item. Waited another 10 days and was

Told the item was returned to him as there was a problem with the address

Label, I requested he let me know exactly when the item will be re-mailed and

By what method, that was 10 days ago and he will not communicate with me

Now

BTW checking his user account here I see his last log in was April 28th (two days ago)

So its not like he is not around. I have sent him a private message which he has not

opened I have also posted to his original post which he should have been notified

About. I have also filled a complaint with Paypal which he has not responded to either

Anyway just be careful when dealing with this individual as he has proven himself

To be a problem seller

I have been quiet about this guy for a long time, but I submit to you it is FND that is someone you should watch out for.

Kevin

I have all the emails, PM's and IM's if anyone would like to read them

Keven242 is full of **** nothing has been twisted or left out.

Also I never said I was filling a complant with paypal to "cover my ass"

only to make sure I did not miss the window to file the complaint and by the way

all he needed to do was respond to the complaint or better yet just mail the item

I appoligize for the long post but I feel I need to post the messages so all can make up

there own minds as to who is twisting the facts

Some facts:

Payment was sent Mar 21, 2006

Item had Still not been mailed by kevin242 on May 21, 2006 see last message below

NOTICE in the BLUE TEXT how he keeps saying he is sending it

================================================

Re:WTB Portfolio, Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:27 AM

Hi kevin242

I will buy the Atari Portfolio for your asking price, sounds like a great

deal to me

I can send PayPal if you would like

LMK Dennis

RESPONSE FROM kevin242

Not sure if you got my other msg. Send payment to ******.net

via paypal. Please try to do this today as I have other things to send out

too and I would like to send them all at once.

take care,

Kevin

==========================================

PAYPAL PAYMENT SENT Mar. 21, 2006

Payment Sent (ID #6PK47909CP6924055)

Name:

kevin saunders Email:

jsaunders14@cox.net

Total Amount:

-$45.00 USD

==========================================

Date:

Mar. 21, 2006 Time:

09:00:47 PST Status:

Completed

Date: May 2, 2006 10:21 AM

Subject RE: Have you sent my Portfolio Body:

I hope you read the other mail first (so you know the port

is on the way) but just so you know I've been very sick

the last 3 weeks. I know this is of know concern of you

and has nothing to do with our arrangement, but it is not

like I am out trying to scam Atari enthusiasts or anything

I was honestly in bed terribly sick with lots of stress, including work (which I couldnt do) etc... Im not making

excuses just telling you the circumstances so maybe you

will see why I said you could of given me more of chance.

At this point Paypal is looking for money, which quite

honestyl I dont have, if I were a jerk I would just tell

you to jump in a lake.. either way I am screwed, but

I will not and never would do that.

I collect Atari and other retro gaming stuff too and I know

it is a bummer waiting extra time to recieve something

and YES I have been scammed before so I know it is

a real fear, but I want you to know nothing like that

was ever happening to you. Infact a better and more

gentlemenly avenue would of been calling me on the

phone or sending this email to me earlier rather then

after, howerver, what's done is done and I donot harbor any ill will. Maybe you have suffered the consequences

of the dishonest in the past and so are quick to punish

anyone you feel might be in the same league.

===============================================

Date: May 20, 2006 8:03 PM

Subject RE: Still waiting for the Portfolio Body:

I find you to be a complete child. Your antics have disgusted

me since the beginning therefore I am glad you have become

so desperate that you will actually stoop to posting off

topic msgs on a yahoo group.

Anyway despite the fact I find you a reprehensible human

being and you still have not cleared up the paypal

problem! I am going to send you the portfolio. It is all

packed up and I was going to wait till wensday (to

make it 2 weeks afterall it was you who contacted

pp one day after I told you I was sending it and what

the delay is)...

If you post any more personal info on a public forum

I will contact PayPal myself and anyone else who will

listen. Afterall what YOU are doing is illegal.

I WILL send you the tracking .. on mon night without

fail. thru this myspace account.

=======================================

Date: May 21, 2006 4:13 AM

Subject RE: RE: RE: Still waiting for the Portfolio Body:

I cant send it till monday, but I will take action if you

publicly post any of my personal info. Also you seem to

look at this very one sided... anyway, Im tired of

arguing and tired period. I will send you the tracking..

on monday.

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: May 21, 2006 12:10 AM

Are you serious ?

You take my money, lie about sending the item the

next day wait until I finally have to ask were the item is,

give me some lame BS excuse about not sending it when

promised then try more BS about a problem with the

package label then again I wait until the last day to file

a complaint with PayPal (which by the way you ignored

until it was settled) and then finally say again you will mail

it the next day and again do not mail it. Now its been

over two months and the only time I hear from you is

when I rattle you cage.

Try to remember who has ripped who off before making

stupid statments like YOUR TIRED OF MY ANTICS or you FIND ME A REPREHENSIBLE HUMAN

Please get real and own up to your own mistakes

I PAID and have only received Lie's and lame excuses

but you somehow feel this is my fault. Again I sent the

money in good faith you however have done nothing

except lie about sending it

Do you really think I would reverse the PayPal strike

befor you send the item to me, you have so far proven

yourself to be nothing but a scammer, however I ever

do get the item I will remove the strike but until then I will

not

BTW I will continue to post every place I find you and let

everyone know the experience I have had so if you want

it to stop just do what you should have done months ago and SIMPLEY SEND THE ITEM I PAID FOR

Edited by FND

you actually took the time to pick and select various pm's ? There were tons of email you sent me thru

my myspace accoiunt you dont botherto cut and paste that would put you in negative light, but I said what I had to say already and you excact words were "cover my ass" you are a dishonest man and I hope in

the future anyone that has any dealings with you thinks twice. Personally Im just glad to be done with you. Thanks again for contacting Pay Pal and letting them know you recieved your Port (sic)

you actually took the time to pick and select various pm's ? There were tons of email you sent me thru

my myspace accoiunt you dont botherto cut and paste that would put you in negative light, but I said what I had to say already and you excact words were "cover my ass" you are a dishonest man and I hope in

the future anyone that has any dealings with you thinks twice. Personally Im just glad to be done with you. Thanks again for contacting Pay Pal and letting them know you recieved your Port (sic)

Are you done ? Good, Now go away and quit wasting space :roll:

• Like 1