IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

The whole thing was just a big misunderstanding. Future Primitive is still a great seller. The games came in fast and were well packaged and with all the scammers out there today I probally would have done the same. This whole thing was caused by a problem with bank routing numbers so in the future I think I will use prepaid PayPal cards as they seem to be safer and more predictible.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Here's a conversation I had with MassChamber:

Virtual boys

Participants: masschamber, Lastcallhall

Lastcallhall

Sent Yesterday, 1:36 PM

Hi there, do either VBs have their stands? Also, would you be open to selling just one of them? Thanks!

masschamber

Sent Yesterday, 1:54 PM

No stands but I do have the bracket so you would need to put legs together, and yes I'd be willing to sell just one,

masschamber

Sent Yesterday, 2:20 PM

also you might be better off just making me an offer on both of them,

Lastcallhall

Sent Yesterday, 4:49 PM

OK, thanks for the info. TBH, I was gonna offer you half for one - don't really have the funds for both at the moment.

masschamber

Sent Yesterday, 5:27 PM

Let me be blunt, I'll take 45 for the pair as long as your from the US

Lastcallhall

Sent Yesterday, 6:16 PM

45 shipped? Done. PM me your details. Thanks!

masschamber

Sent Today, 2:07 PM

Another offer from someone who contacted me before you replied, I'm giving him 24 hours to pay if he doesn't the vbs are yours

Lastcallhall

Sent Today, 2:31 PM

Don't worry about it. Good luck with the sale.

Of note: my request for payment details was sent at 6:17, and viewed by him at 6:30. It took him this long to tell me there was another seller?

Shady stuff, man. Buyer beware.

Screen shot of read receipt:

E334D631-9922-42BF-A832-7646FA142879-2461-000003D85E7E1996_zps96f5e34b.jpg

Edited by Lastcallhall

I just had a guy on craigslist who was suppose to buy a ps1 from me but he didn't. He said his phone died so we didn't get do the trade yet. That was yesterday! Can we add him to the list yet?

His phone died? So you were still in contact with him apparently through e-mail???? Why would you add him to the bad trader list so soon? Edited by Mxyzptlk

Hi there,

I need a advice.

I sold recently an item on eBay.com for $565. I sent it with a tracking number. I know the parcel was delivered (cause the tracking told me that) there are few weeks ago BUT yesterday, I received an email from eBay telling me the buyer opened a case 'cause he didn't receive the item. I know he lied 'cause there is a tracking number. My money is frozen in my Paypal account now. The buyer never wrote me and for your information, I did have to wait few days to be paid (I opened a case to be paid actually). There are no movement for one year in his eBay account (but he has more than 200).

Will he be refund even the tracking number ??

Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

I need a advice.

I sold recently an item on eBay.com for $565. I sent it with a tracking number. I know the parcel was delivered (cause the tracking told me that) there are few weeks ago BUT yesterday, I received an email from eBay telling me the buyer opened a case 'cause he didn't receive the item. I know he lied 'cause there is a tracking number. My money is frozen in my Paypal account now. The buyer never wrote me and for your information, I did have to wait few days to be paid (I opened a case to be paid actually). There are no movement for one year in his eBay account (but he has more than 200).

Thanks a lot.

More info would be nice... like E-Pay I.D. e-mails, etc.

Hi there,

I need a advice.

Thanks a lot.

Just stay cool. With the tracking number you will be fine - if he is claiming he never got the item.

If he opened a dispute then now it is your chance to respond, just say you sent it to the address specified and here is the tracking number. There shouldn't be any issues with that. eBay may ask you for the actual receipt of postage, I always end up losing mine! But better if you can scan it for eBay and provide that to them.

In all honesty you may be getting screwed. Anything over $300 paypal will not support you in if you did not get signature confirmation. Unless they changed the rules. Tracking is not good enough for purchases over $300. The buyer probably knows this. I'm not sure what the outcome would be but you really want signature confirmation on orders of this calibur!

In all honesty you may be getting screwed. Anything over $300 paypal will not support you in if you did not get signature confirmation. Unless they changed the rules. Tracking is not good enough for purchases over $300. The buyer probably knows this. I'm not sure what the outcome would be but you really want signature confirmation on orders of this calibur!

I just found this on eBay :

How sellers may be protected from losing a case

For eligible item not received cases, sellers are protected from losing a case if they ship within their stated handling time and provide tracking information before the buyer or seller asks eBay to make a final decision. To be protected, the tracking information will need to show proof of delivery from a shipping company that clearly displays:

• the delivery status of the item as "delivered"

• the date of delivery (which reflects the seller shipped within stated handling time)

• the recipient's address, displaying at least the city/state or ZIP code (or the equivalent) of the address listed in either the eBay Order details page or the PayPal Transaction Details page, and

• for items $750 (or local currency equivalent) or more (based on the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping charged by the seller, any other fees seller may charge, and any sales tax), proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery is required where such signature confirmation service is available from at least one shipping company.

So, ebay needs signature confirmation for items $750 and over. I think he won't be refund....

Weid 'cause the guy never wrote me and answered to my different emails... very bad ebay member :(

https://cms.paypal.c...&locale.x=en_US

11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery, and Signature Confirmation Requirements.

"Proof of Shipment" is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item is shipped.
  • The recipient’s address matches the shipping address provided on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip /postal code (or international equivalent).

"Proof of Delivery" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The item’s status as delivered.
  • The date the item is delivered.
  • The recipient address is the same as in the shipping address section on the Transaction Details Page
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature Confirmation as described below if the full amount of the payment including shipping and taxes, is $250 USD or more, or its foreign currency equivalent provided below:

"Signature Confirmation" is online documentation that can be viewed at the shipping company's website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery.

Edited by icemanxp300

https://cms.paypal.c...&locale.x=en_US

11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery, and Signature Confirmation Requirements.

"Proof of Shipment" is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item is shipped.
  • The recipient’s address matches the shipping address provided on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip /postal code (or international equivalent).

"Proof of Delivery" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The item’s status as delivered.
  • The date the item is delivered.
  • The recipient address is the same as in the shipping address section on the Transaction Details Page
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature Confirmation as described below if the full amount of the payment including shipping and taxes, is $250 USD or more, or its foreign currency equivalent provided below:

"Signature Confirmation" is online documentation that can be viewed at the shipping company's website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery.

Yes, but it's the Paypal rules. There are different from eBay. And I sold the item from eBay, the eBay rules work. Right ?

Yes, but it's the Paypal rules. There are different from eBay. And I sold the item from eBay, the eBay rules work. Right ?

Did he pay with ebay or paypal? I honestly don't know the answer to your question, however it is always in the buyers favor these days. Plus what you wrote above "How sellers may be protected from losing a case."

Try and win but I wouldn't put much faith in ebay or paypal to do whats right.

Watch out for this newbie on eBay: 2013ayden5. They did a Buy It Now for an Xbox controller at 1:07 pm today. At 3:50 pm, contacted me requesting a refund because it's "Not what I'm looking for." Since it hadn't been mailed yet (although I had paid for the shipping), I promptly issued a refund via PayPal. At 4:56 pm, contacted me again, this time claiming to not have enough money to pay for it, and requesting a refund, which I had already issued. When I issued the refund, I also submitted a request to cancel the transaction so that I could recoup my seller fees. This buyer rejected my request. I also submitted a request to void the postage, in order to avoid losing that money. For about the next 20 minutes, the buyer continued to badger me for a refund, despite my replies that it had been issued. They finally responded "Oh, OK." but I'm still not sure they get it that I issued the refund.

Probably just some clueless Noob who didn't bother reading eBay's Rules, Regulations, and Buyer Tips and Tricks, but beware. Don't want any of you other eBay sellers to get pestered by this person.

I did end up calling eBay and they bailed me out. The person I spoke to was wonderful. She issued the refund for my seller fees, and made a note about the voided postage request to assure that I would get the money back for that as well. Kudos to eBay for their great customer service!

ETA: Please don't take my "clueless Noob" comment the wrong way. I have nothing against Newbies in general. I'm just describing this person as clueless because of the way they acted.

Edited by Scootiecat