IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

What about bad shippers? I'm guessing this has come up before. Recently I received a boxed Intellivision cartridge (CIB) in a plain paper envelope. The envelope had been horribly smashed and was open. The Intellivision overlays were no longer in the package. I even always ask that the seller take care packing and shipping the item to make sure it is not damaged during shipping. Is this lack of care for collectibles worthy of mentioning here? Or is this "shipping ignorance" not seen as an actual ripoff? Is there a "stupid shipper" forum? :) I've had quite a few of these incidents lately. I can't stand seeing these collectible items destroyed in this way.

It is true that I've been getting my money back, working an acceptable deal, etc. for the most part. But what a waste of time and effort.

I don't know why but for some reason Intellivision boxed games seems to be the ones everyone sends in bubbleopes. It;s ALWAYS Intellivision and I have no idea why...not atari...not Coleco...Intellivision!!

• 3 weeks later...
So this is one of those I really hate to do this sort of things. But it is what it is and folks need to know to watch out.

I bought a Nintendo WiiU last October from JohnnyBlaze.

He posted a topic in the marketplace (I'd link to it but he's conveniently had all the original information redacted from the original post) about selling a Complete in Box Zelda WiiU in like new condition.

It had 6 physical games:

Batman Armored Edition

Tekken Tag Tournament

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

Ducktales Remastered

Nintendoland

And roughly 19 digital games. Many were Virtual Console titles. But some were pricier titles like:

Windwaker HD

Hyrule Historia HD

New Super Mario Bros U

Dr. Luigi

Nes Remix 1

Nes Remix 2

His claim was all the digital content was tied to the box (like the original wii) and that everything was included.

I made an offer accordingly: $500 shipped.

He accepted. I received the item in expected condition. Until I noticed that all the digital content was tied to his Nintendo ID. Not the console.

I contacted him via AA message and he said I was wrong.

I went to Nintendo's site. Their terms showed I was correct.

I went back to JohnnyBlaze and asked if he used the Nintendo ID for any other consoles and if I could have the account information he used to register it.

He gave me his login information and said "no" he was not using it for any other consoles.

I naively took this to mean he was willfully turning his Nintendo ID account over to me. In hindsight I probably should have asked him explicitly if this is what he was doing.

Thinking the Nintendo ID was now mine, I reset the password.

I also created my own Nintendo ID so all my purchases going forward would definitely not be tied to his account.

For many months things worked as expected and life was good.

Sometime around March I got a notification on my WiiU that the password for the old Network ID had been reset again. By Johnny Blaze.

I contacted him to ask about it and offered my cell # to talk it out.

He sent me an agitated email and said I had no right to reset his password and that it was now tied to his 3DS.

I explained to him that if he kept "his" account eventually it would invalidate all the content tied to that Nintendo ID on my console.

He said I didn't know how these things worked and then stopped replying to me all together.

2 weeks later all the digital content on my box tied to his Nintendo ID became invalid and stopped working. Since April it's all just been useless icons on my console.

I emailed him, offered him my personal cell #, and tried messaging in the forums. He refuses to respond in any way and hasn't logged into AtariAge since April 7th which, coincidentally, was about the time I informed him his actions had invalidated all the digital content that was part of our original transaction.

I never asked for my money back and stated clearly I did not wish to return the console. But I did ask multiple times for him to contact me so we could work something out.

I know he's got some positive history build up here (posts and deals going back to 2007) so this post is probably going to agitate more people than him. I sincerely regret that.

Admittedly I haven't frequented these forums as much or for as long. But I do have 100% perfect feedback on Ebay and vgcollect: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4883.0.html

I honestly feel like I was being open and reasonable and that he is acting carelessly and irresponsibly.

I've since begun repurchasing the digital content in physical form.

The saddest part is if he had contacted me I would have been happy to settle for a small amount of credit to put towards rebuying just one of the pricier titles and we could have been all good.

Your mileage may vary, just be careful.

Edited by dashv

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Johnny, not cool. All you had to do was create a new Nintendo ID for your 3DS.

Games are indeed linked to the consoles.. and that Nintendo ID. So even if he uses that ID on another system, Nintendo doesn't allow you a re-download with the existing Nintendo ID unless it's on the system they were purchased on. It's confusing, and it is stupid.

Wow Johnny, not cool. All you had to do was create a new Nintendo ID for your 3DS.

Games are indeed linked to the consoles.. and that Nintendo ID. So even if he uses that ID on another system, Nintendo doesn't allow you a re-download with the existing Nintendo ID unless it's on the system they were purchased on. It's confusing, and it is stupid.

Confusing as to why they do it! It's obsolete and there is zero benefit to it, not only to the consumer but also to the company. I currently have the iPhone 6, but I could reinstall some of my apps from the iPhone 3GS if I were so inclined. That's at least a small incentive to stay with iOS products. Whatever costs Nintendo has to incur by overhauling their account system would surely be recouped by recruiting some new blood, most likely adults like us who have a little more disposable income than a child.

I love Nintendo; truly I do. But I do not understand their stubbornness in these matters.

Dash, I feel for you and I am more inclined to side with you on this. You should have immediately changed the email address associated with that ID. I think that would have been possible.

I think when Johnny sold you that wii U and gave you that ID he gave up all rights to it. I think he needs to register his 3ds with a new id and give you that account back.

Edited by icemanxp300
  • Like 1

So this is one of those I really hate to do this sort of things. But it is what it is and folks need to know to watch out.
I bought a Nintendo WiiU last October from JohnnyBlaze.
He posted a topic in the marketplace (I'd link to it but he's conveniently had all the original information redacted from the original post) about selling a Complete in Box Zelda WiiU in like new condition.
It had 6 physical games:
Batman Armored Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Ducktales Remastered
Nintendoland
And roughly 19 digital games. Many were Virtual Console titles. But some were pricier titles like:
Windwaker HD
Hyrule Historia HD
New Super Mario Bros U
Dr. Luigi
Nes Remix 1
Nes Remix 2
His claim was all the digital content was tied to the box (like the original wii) and that everything was included.
I made an offer accordingly: $500 shipped.
He accepted. I received the item in expected condition. Until I noticed that all the digital content was tied to his Nintendo ID. Not the console.
I contacted him via AA message and he said I was wrong.
I went to Nintendo's site. Their terms showed I was correct.
I went back to JohnnyBlaze and asked if he used the Nintendo ID for any other consoles and if I could have the account information he used to register it.
He gave me his login information and said "no" he was not using it for any other consoles.
I naively took this to mean he was willfully turning his Nintendo ID account over to me. In hindsight I probably should have asked him explicitly if this is what he was doing.
Thinking the Nintendo ID was now mine, I reset the password.
I also created my own Nintendo ID so all my purchases going forward would definitely not be tied to his account.
For many months things worked as expected and life was good.
Sometime around March I got a notification on my WiiU that the password for the old Network ID had been reset again. By Johnny Blaze.
I contacted him to ask about it and offered my cell # to talk it out.
He sent me an agitated email and said I had no right to reset his password and that it was now tied to his 3DS.
I explained to him that if he kept "his" account eventually it would invalidate all the content tied to that Nintendo ID on my console.
He said I didn't know how these things worked and then stopped replying to me all together.
2 weeks later all the digital content on my box tied to his Nintendo ID became invalid and stopped working. Since April it's all just been useless icons on my console.
I emailed him, offered him my personal cell #, and tried messaging in the forums. He refuses to respond in any way and hasn't logged into AtariAge since April 7th which, coincidentally, was about the time I informed him his actions had invalidated all the digital content that was part of our original transaction.
I never asked for my money back and stated clearly I did not wish to return the console. But I did ask multiple times for him to contact me so we could work something out.
I know he's got some positive history build up here (posts and deals going back to 2007) so this post is probably going to agitate more people than him. I sincerely regret that.
Admittedly I haven't frequented these forums as much or for as long. But I do have 100% perfect feedback on Ebay and vgcollect: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4883.0.html
I honestly feel like I was being open and reasonable and that he is acting carelessly and irresponsibly.
I've since begun repurchasing the digital content in physical form.
The saddest part is if he had contacted me I would have been happy to settle for a small amount of credit to put towards rebuying just one of the pricier titles and we could have been all good.
Your mileage may vary, just be careful.

That happened to me here also. I bought a 3ds which the seller claimed would have all the 3DS Ambassador games on it (like 20 free games/etc, good ones!) when I got it they were not on there, the seller reformated the system!! I can't for the life of it remember who it was. I think they had that little nyan nyan cat for an avitar, hmmm.. it might have actually been johnny blaze, lol. Man, I have no way to check though, maybe he can chime in although I doubt it, lol, it was a few years ago. I don't want to smear his name without proof, but I'm "pretty sure" the same thing happened to me...

That happened to me here also. I bought a 3ds which the seller claimed would have all the 3DS Ambassador games on it (like 20 free games/etc, good ones!) when I got it they were not on there, the seller reformated the system!! I can't for the life of it remember who it was. I think they had that little nyan nyan cat for an avitar, hmmm.. it might have actually been johnny blaze, lol. Man, I have no way to check though, maybe he can chime in although I doubt it, lol, it was a few years ago. I don't want to smear his name without proof, but I'm "pretty sure" the same thing happened to me...

How did you pay for it? Might be in your PayPal history?

Dash, I feel for you and I am more inclined to side with you on this. You should have immediately changed the email address associated with that ID. I think that would have been possible.

I think when Johnny sold you that wii U and gave you that ID he gave up all rights to it. I think he needs to register his 3ds with a new id and give you that account back.

The worst part is Nintendo doesn't let me delete his user account on my WiiU without entering his current password.

So in addition to my mii. I am greeted by his, waving at me, taunting me every time I power on the console.

Unless I reformat it completely I'm stuck with it. :P

Crazy Climber> He doesn't use a cat for his avatar (at least not at present) so I'm thinking your experience was probably with someone else.

Thanks for the support fellas. I've had a lot of dealings with folks on VGCollect, RFGeneration, eBay, etc. this is the first time I ever had a deal go so upside down.

Edited by dashv

Maybe the moral of the story here is not to buy secondhand digital content? Sucks but it's a violation of the TOS and you can easily get screwed seeing as you never really own it, just an indefinite loan. I see this being a real issue during 9th generation with the NX and others potentially being all digital. Gamestop is already prepared, selling digital download codes for real games. Physical media is dead... :skull:

But yet music has gone full circle. I can walk into a store and buy records, new music, vintage albums, and reissues. Perhaps a "cart revival" is in the cards???

• Like 1

Maybe the moral of the story here is not to buy secondhand digital content? Sucks but it's a violation of the TOS and you can easily get screwed seeing as you never really own it, just an indefinite loan.

Buying second hand digital content is fine. I have sold multiple Nintendo systems here with locked digital content myself without issue. The moral of the story is, don't deal with sh***y people and have all of your bases covered.

Johnny should come forward and make this right.

Buying second hand digital content is fine. I have sold multiple Nintendo systems here with locked digital content myself without issue. The moral of the story is, don't deal with sh***y people and have all of your bases covered.

Johnny should come forward and make this right.

Either way, violation of TOS or not, the only way to resell digital content is to resell the entire console or account and everything associated with it. And if your account or device has your private info associated with it, it is in your best interest to wipe that data from the target device before you sell it.

Nintendo is really archaic tying existing accounts to one device instead of a global user account, but it is what it is.

Edited by stardust4ever

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly certain you can't transfer digital licenses or sell the accounts.

From the Nintendo Services Agreement

"Your Network Account is personal to you. You may not transfer, assign, or sell your Network Account to others."

So essentially, if you buy or sell an account, and the game licenses associated with it, the account can / should be terminated.

I think think both parties are at fault, as this type of transaction violates the TOS to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to report a buyer on ebay. They purchased an item from me over a month ago and I had free shipping. A few days ago I got package back. Buyer refused to accept package. They then skipped ebay knowing they could not get a refund but instead got a refund through paypal.

It's complete BS. Paypal said since I got the item back I can resell it. They told me since I'm a "loyal customer" they will give me a "one time refund on my shipping charges. I'm only loyal because I'm damn near forced to use pp on ebay.

I wasted like an hour of my time going through ebay and pp to get my fees and charges reversed. The buyer told me "they changed their mind". Nice

I have already added them to my blocked list as I suggest you do the same.

dfr7814

http://www.ebay.com/usr/dfr7814?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

• Like 1

I removed all the posts from your first, Tkat5200, if you want to start again. However, while I know you are upset, please refrain from the name calling. Keeping just to the facts is a better tact.

..Al

Right on Albert. I am very sorry to everyone for the profanity and in the future I will try my best to refrain.

I want us to all be brother and sisters on here trading and selling and being honest with one another.

and i am sorry if I accused the wrong person rmaerz-half is very cool with me. Helifire was sold fine and even when I ran into issues playing the game he was there to help me.

rmaerz-half is Vectorgamer and he's a good guy. Vex I am sorry I slammed you wrongly and I publicly am asking for you to forgive me and my stupidity.

• Like 3

I removed all the posts from your first, Tkat5200, if you want to start again. However, while I know you are upset, please refrain from the name calling. Keeping just to the facts is a better tact.

..Al

While I agree it needed to be done, did you have to remove my ebay post. That person clearly is a bad trader.

I'm fairly certain you can't transfer digital licenses or sell the accounts.

From the Nintendo Services Agreement

"Your Network Account is personal to you. You may not transfer, assign, or sell your Network Account to others."

So essentially, if you buy or sell an account, and the game licenses associated with it, the account can / should be terminated.

I think think both parties are at fault, as this type of transaction violates the TOS to begin with.

It wasn't clear to me at the time of purchase that this was the case. The seller told me it worked like the Wii.

Before the WiiU arrived I knew nothing of Nintendo network ids. The content didn't work that way on the original Wii. I had no reason not to trust the seller as they were in good standing here on AA and had been an active member for over 5 years.

Once the WiiU arrived and I created my own account, then I realized the problem and informed the seller. The seller never agreed with my assessment and basically treated me like I was an idiot. I'm over it now. But just thought I should warn others.

Edited by dashv