IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I may have more to add.... I hate dealing with people who haven't reached puberty I think I'm going to put an age limit on people I trade with or deal with. LOL

You should do that, because I still get some games from you! You didn't even answered my last pm!

This is the las pm I got from you:

Okay... I'm glad that is taken care of. I really hate confrontations. Still cool?

Okay... I still have the three below that you want... they are a part of my collection, but being that we made a deal, I will hand those over to you. Not sure if I have the books or not. I will check that.

So... these three, correct?

Baseball Heroes

Pit Fighter

Ultimate Chess Challenge

I'll throw in Rampart for the issues we've had. Will that be okay?

Please send your address again.... thank you. Sorry if I got testy with you... I guess I took it the wrong way. Like I mentioned...I hate confrontation and I'm happy things are going to work out. If need be... you can let people know I took forever on this. It is understandable.

See ya soon....

Eric DeLee

Forever....you are at least honest about that.

And now people know..

:roll:

Whatever. I'll say this... you got pissy with me. No really big deal... we worked things out. Since this... I've traveled quite a bit, my stuff has been in storage... etc etc. Things happen. I've sent more than one email to clear this up. I've rec'd nothing back from you. If you would just send your damn address... it can be resolved!!!! That simple. And welcome back... I see you've been gone a long time as I haven't seen you around or anything. It isn't as though I've stayed hidden... I've been dealing... advertising stuff for sale... making trades... etc. Right out in the public for everyone to see (including you).

So... I hope you come back... and give me your address. But... if that is your final parting shot: "And know people know".... big deal. They know. I'm not hiding anything. I've even mentioned to people here that I had to quit dealing for a while during the 6 months or so while I was in transition.

Hopefully... I'll see you on here again. If not... I guess that's fine as well. Geez....

Received my money back from Dusk 2600 via registered, tracked, signed postal money order yesterday... The post-woman was like, "Someone REALLY wants to know you got this delivery".

Wish it had been the stuff we had agreed on... but, at least I got my money back.

No more money order deals for me.

My friend recently won an eBay auction by "oldschoolgamer86", who is a member here under the handle "AnsemDarkRuler"and sells things from time to time. Here is a link to the auction. Obviously the auction ended well below the market value of the games, and I guess the guy decided that he wasn't going to sell them at that price. Unfortunately he still accepted payment for the items, and is ignoring my friend's e-mails. A paypal dispute already found in my friend's favor, but he only got back about $5.

A quick look at his feedback shows that he apparently has done this to someone else as well.

Chris

Hope you got it ok, AJ. Sorry about all of this. threw in a couple Games for you, not like it is any condolence for your time. Sorry again.

Sincerely,

Kyle C

Dusk 2600

Yeah, I got the 5200 back on Monday. I didn't have time to test it until tonight, but it seems to (still) be working perfectly. I don't know what the reason for your problem could have been. I asked you to try it with known good 5200 power supply and 4-port RF switchboxes. Did you? I didn't include them because I didn't (and still don't) have any. Screenshots below were made using a homemade adapter to power the console in the normal way through the RF cable, but using a manual switchbox (plans available here: 5200 Switchbox). The AC adapter I used is electrically compatible but has the wrong plug, and I need it for something else.

post-6315-1161479181_thumb.jpgpost-6315-1161479208_thumb.jpgpost-6315-1161479224_thumb.jpg

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Hell, AJ... I didn't get anything back for my time but my $20... and I felt like I got off good. :)

Glad we all got our issues resolved. Better luck in the future, Dusk. Hope this didn't hurt your reputation too badly around here, but, maybe you learned some valuable lessons.

Well, I don't think either of us "got off good" on this deal, considering what we both paid to ship it. Dusk added a couple of common 5200 carts and a 2600 text label Stellar Track to the return package so at this point he got somewhat the worse end of things. I suppose I'll call it square - I didn't ask for the carts, but it might have been nice to have the console back before the 7th so I could have had a chance to trade it at the SC3 meet.

As it is now, I don't think there's any chance that I can even make break-even on this console considering what I've already spent on it. Anyone who wants to help me cut my losses, please see: FT/FS (Again!): 5200 4-Port Console, 2 Controllers, Carts.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Watch out for this guy.

Goes by suttontreasurehunters on ebay. Needless to say I got scammed.

It can all be read about on this post at a Canadian forum.

http://cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10935

It has gone to paypal for a dispute and if anyone has any tips it would be appreciated.

You know what might be a good start? Not bidding up to $20 plus S&H on something that is listed AS-IS.

Everyone makes eBay Noob moves... and just because you are not an e-Bay Newbie doesn't mean you are immune. I recently did a BIN on an Atari 7800 only to notice afterwards that the seller accepted Check or M.O. only. In my experience, serious, and thus reliable sellers always have PayPal, and almost always prefer it, as well. Predictably, this transaction didn't go well. But... live and learn.

Thanks for the tips.

I will learn from this one. Its not a lot of money but it pisses me off getting scammed.

Live and learn is the way it will be in this case as paypal wants $26 to settle this and I only paid $26 for it.

But maybe I should do this for the principle if there are some reprecussions for this seller.

Thanks for the tips.

I will learn from this one. Its not a lot of money but it pisses me off getting scammed.

Live and learn is the way it will be in this case as paypal wants $26 to settle this and I only paid $26 for it.

But maybe I should do this for the principle if there are some reprecussions for this seller.

What do you mean when you say "...paypal wants $26 to settle this..."?

Thanks for the tips.

What do you mean when you say "...paypal wants $26 to settle this..."?

Actually they want $25.

They charge $25 to investigate and settle a claim so I guess I will get a buck back but if I have to ship it to the seller then I need to get my shipping back as well.

This is the info from the paypal site.

What is confusing is that if I get a partial settlement they will still charge me $25.

I'm in a similar situation where some dingdong in Florida dug 5 Ataris out of a swamp and sold 'em on eBay for $30 ($15 BIN + $15 shipping). Turns out the seller just crammed everything into a big box of the thinnest cardboard possible with no internal padding or packaging, seals it up with duct tape, and then switches shipping services on me (uses FedEx instead of USPS). Box arrives mangled, stuff inside smashed, 1 Atari obliterated, 2 work, 2 non-functional, all controllers defective. I return broken bits, seller returns $5, I ask for refund of all shipping, seller refuses, I get PayPal involved, and after almost an entire month, their big idea is for me to return everything AT MY COST and the seller will refund the other $25. Well, it's going to cost me $15 to ship everything back, so I have to pay $15 to get back $25-15=10 freakin' dollars?!? To hell with that. I can sell the two functional ones and recoup some of my money that way.

So, what have I learned about PayPal's great service? Unless it is a big money item, they just don't give a shit.

They charge $25 to investigate and settle a claim...

:o

Since when? That hasn't always been their policy. I'm stunned!

from the freakin' mouth of PayPal:

Protection Policies

The item I purchased was broken or incomplete. What can I do?

First, contact the seller and attempt to resolve the dispute directly. If this fails and you have taken all the required steps to resolve the dispute, file a claim with PayPal as soon as possible. Learn how to file a claim in the Resolution Center with a step-by-step tutorial.

PayPal will determine which coverage applies to your claim during the investigation process and inform you of that decision.

If you purchased your item on eBay and your seller has insufficient funds to offer a refund, eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program will apply.

Because claims processed under this program are subject to a $25.00 processing fee, you are not eligible for reimbursement if your eBay transaction is less than this amount.

Purchases made on eBay Express receive full protection coverage at no additional cost and unlimited claim payouts on damaged items or orders that were not received.

They charge $25 to investigate and settle a claim...

:o

Since when? That hasn't always been their policy. I'm stunned!

from the freakin' mouth of PayPal:

Protection Policies

The item I purchased was broken or incomplete. What can I do?

First, contact the seller and attempt to resolve the dispute directly. If this fails and you have taken all the required steps to resolve the dispute, file a claim with PayPal as soon as possible. Learn how to file a claim in the Resolution Center with a step-by-step tutorial.

PayPal will determine which coverage applies to your claim during the investigation process and inform you of that decision.

If you purchased your item on eBay and your seller has insufficient funds to offer a refund, eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program will apply.

Because claims processed under this program are subject to a $25.00 processing fee, you are not eligible for reimbursement if your eBay transaction is less than this amount.

Purchases made on eBay Express receive full protection coverage at no additional cost and unlimited claim payouts on damaged items or orders that were not received.

I see. It sounds like the fee only applies if the seller's account is empty. Has this always been Paypal's policy?

I see. It sounds like the fee only applies if the seller's account is empty. Has this always been Paypal's policy?

My feeling is that this came down in their spate of recent policy changes that happened around the same time as eBay's last (or fairly recent) updating of their terms of service. My sense is that too many people were filing complaints with PayPal over financially minor transactions and rather than fix the problems at the source (i.e., back on eBay), they just upped the cost of the restitution process to get rid of a drain on their overhead. I'm still waiting for our capitalist system to engender a viable competitor to eBay and its ilk, but thus far nada. :|

But I guess that's enough of that and this pinned thread should go back to its original function.

Edited by Zwackery

BAD TRADER ALERT..

I never thought I would have to go through posting here, but here it goes..

Username T2KFREEKER

The storyboard:

I contacted him since he was selling an Atari 2600 jr, and we agreed to trade with my sega Genesis lot

plus games, for the 2600 Jr and some NES games. Initially I sent him one joypad and some games and

later on I sent him the rest my Genesis lot. He claimed he initially shipped my package on July 20. On July

28 and after a few back and forth pm's he responded that he received back the Atari jr that he

sent me because he made a mistake on my postal address!! I still bought it since I have so far no

problem with so many people I traded with. So to make a long story short, it is 2 of November and

still no sign of the Atari Jr and the games.

During our pm's he noted that he had in the past problems with things he was shipping, so here is my

question of, why couldnt he use UPS? I mean, ok the USPS might screw up things at times, but I wouldnt

mind paying a bit more to get a secure delivery of things. Still, he informed me of this AFTER he got my

console and games.

I dont know what else I can say on this. I contacted him again and I have received no response. He could

just return my genesis things back and it would be fine. I guess we all have trouble from time to time with

deliveries and everything, but being fair and keep my name clear is crucial to me in this forum. Maybe this

is not the rule for some people.

If anyone else had a problem with T2KFREEKER please let me know guys..

Philip

I am also in the middle of a deal with T2KFREEKER and having a few problems. He and I had a trade planned. I shipped his games out with delivery confirmation. When I hadn't recieved my game in a while I asked him about it and he said that he had been down with the flu for 2 weeks. My last message from him was on Oct 24 when he told me he had shipped the game that day. I still don't have it. I sent him a message this morning and mentioned the previous poster's problem. I'll post when/if I hear from him.