IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

11 minutes ago, FroggoGamer said:

I've had a recent problem that apparently has been a problem with a lot of companies. I sell games I'm done playing with on eBay and recently I got an order for one game. Not  big sale, just $9 plus shipping, and as usual I paid my shipping via eBay since I get a shipping discount AND they automatically log the . Well, 4 days after it ships, while it is still en route through USPSm, the buyer puts in a refund request for "item not received." I found that to be odd, so I looked it up, and the address is to a business front in Wilmington DE, and there have been numerous BBB complaints made as the company is a front for Georgian scammers (Russian Federation, not the US State). eBay game the scammers their money back but I was able to reclaim my monry from eBay, but it wasn't easy. 

The account is rokaram9 (since eBayers technically can't leave "bad buyer" reviews, I left a "positive" review warning folks about them). But each buyer has a different name. Mine was "Guram Karamanian" but the Paypal account lists the name as "Vano Trashvil." Other BBB complaints list different buyer names so the "buyer" may just be a bot. 

Here is further info on them: 

Inex Group, LLC

2601 B W 6th St

Wilmington, DE 19805

https://www.bbb.org/us/de/wilmington/profile/mailing-services/inex-group-llc-0251-92002123/customer-reviews

I'm sorry that happened to you. Of note, this Inex Group LLC is likely not the issue, as they seem to be a forwarding service (lots of these companies exist and most are harmless). Seems like there are a lot of Georgian a$$hats, however, that are trying to take advantage of eBay's policies and that's messed up, no doubt. 

I'd recommend steering clear of eBay seller chavez-tucker. I bought a hard to find third-party Bally Astrocade cartridge from him and was dismayed to see it arrive with the cartridge label completely removed from the cartridge. I contacted him asking if this happened in transit or if it was like this at the time of the sale (as it was most certainly not disclosed in the listing pictures or description) and he sort of side-stepped the question, saying it was part of his personal collection years ago but that he didn't handle this sale or package it up personally. Odd, right? I asked if we could come to some sort of agreement on a partial refund, as I still wanted the game, but would have to take some steps to repair the label through glue or some other adhesive. He said no, that partial refunds are against his policies (of course this is stated nowhere), but that he would accept a full return because the game is worth way more than what I paid for it (of note, I checked, and returns are against his policy, ha!). In any event, I wound up keeping the game but was pretty unhappy with how it all went down, so I left neutral feedback explaining that the item wasn't as described and how the seller wouldn't consider a partial refund. In classic eBay fashion, he managed to get that neutral feedback removed fairly quickly, as he has a pretty high feedback tally overall. So ridiculous how eBay operates these days...

• Thanks 1

BEWARE 

Sammy02  sent me a PM regarding a modem I was looking to buy.  Said he knew a guy who had one for sale and told me to text him for info.  The seller refused to give me his AA handle and insisted I send PAYPAL friends and family . (Huge red flag).  

Here is the message I got from Sammy02

I purchased some items from lucky932 some days ago and aquarius computer modem is among the items he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should text him to know if it is still available.. Here's his number 608-XXX-XXXX.

I checked Sammy02 's profile and he just created it and has ZERO posts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I logged in as the user and went through the 30+ PMs they sent and warned each person he sent a message to.  I then disabled their messenger and permanently banned the account.  Thanks for the heads up, hopefully nobody sent money to this scammer.  I also censored the phone number above.

..Al

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Albert said:

I logged in as the user and went through the 30+ PMs they sent and warned each person he sent a message to.  I then disabled their messenger and permanently banned the account.  Thanks for the heads up, hopefully nobody sent money to this scammer.  I also censored the phone number above.

..Al

Thanks for messaging me to let me know. Good work Albert!

3 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

I did try calling some relatives who live in Florida last year but I couldn't get through even dialing the 1 prefix before the area code.  

Land line?  Certainly isn't a thing with cell phones here in the US.  I haven't had a land line in over a decade.

..Al

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 8:43 PM, Albert said:

Land line?  Certainly isn't a thing with cell phones here in the US.  I haven't had a land line in over a decade.

..Al

On 2/22/2021 at 9:34 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Not very retro of you.

Still have mine from childhood, still works too. Wasn't even meant to be retro, just never got rid of it and is currently the only working land line in our house (my wife insists we keep it for emergencies and all of our battery powered "cordless" phones died 10 years ago)

20210223_173934.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Still have mine from childhood, still works too. Wasn't even meant to be retro, just never got rid of it and is currently the only working land line in our house (my wife insists we keep it for emergencies and all of our battery powered "cordless" phones died 10 years ago)

20210223_173934.jpg

Props to you for the the magazine rack idea - what a cool way to display those classic gaming mags!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

20210223_173934.jpg

Ah, the Western Electric Model 500 telephone.  A true classic, and capable of withstanding armageddon.  One of the greatest phones ever made.

We've gone over to VoIP for landlines, mainly due to cost-effectiveness.  Having said that, all of the VoIP equipment is sitting on enough UPS for 24 hours of immediate use, and that UPS can also be recharged from a generator if necessary.  Connectivity into the house is fibre, which, thankfully, is buried back to the can on the street.

Still have a few analogue phones connected, or able to be.  I suspect that if anything SHTF happens, we'll be lugging around a Pacific Bell payphone converted to home use looking for a working pair to clip onto ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TeddyBear89 said:

Props to you for the the magazine rack idea - what a cool way to display those classic gaming mags!

Thanks! They were going to toss them at work and a light bulb went on over my head ;) Most of my cool old stuff goes in the basement but I keep the stuff I really like in my bedroom. Just a few things, don't want to overdo it...my wife doesn't care for it so I drew a line halfway down the room, here's my half....

20210220_210553.jpg

20210220_210627.jpg

20210220_204623.jpg

20210220_210854.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Ah, the Western Electric Model 500 telephone.  A true classic, and capable of withstanding armageddon.  One of the greatest phones ever made.

We've gone over to VoIP for landlines, mainly due to cost-effectiveness.  Having said that, all of the VoIP equipment is sitting on enough UPS for 24 hours of immediate use, and that UPS can also be recharged from a generator if necessary.  Connectivity into the house is fibre, which, thankfully, is buried back to the can on the street.

Still have a few analogue phones connected, or able to be.  I suspect that if anything SHTF happens, we'll be lugging around a Pacific Bell payphone converted to home use looking for a working pair to clip onto ?

haha, so true. Yeah, this phone is indestructible. People have mentioned SHTF situations when they see it, I also stock a lot of food at the house so it gives the appearance I'm a "survivalist" type... but the truth is I'm just cheap and lazy ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

haha, so true. Yeah, this phone is indestructible. People have mentioned SHTF situations when they see it, I also stock a lot of food at the house so it gives the appearance I'm a "survivalist" type... but the truth is I'm just cheap and lazy ;)

Totally get it ?  Not to mention that if you live anywhere that gets any kind of severe weather, you pretty much have to stockpile food, water, etc.  I'm looking over at a quarter-ton of bottled water as I write this, and our spare food is not far away.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 1:31 AM, rietveld said:

BEWARE 

Sammy02  sent me a PM regarding a modem I was looking to buy.  Said he knew a guy who had one for sale and told me to text him for info.  The seller refused to give me his AA handle and insisted I send PAYPAL friends and family . (Huge red flag).  

Here is the message I got from Sammy02

I purchased some items from lucky932 some days ago and aquarius computer modem is among the items he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should text him to know if it is still available.. Here's his number 608-XXX-XXXX.

I checked Sammy02 's profile and he just created it and has ZERO posts

Hey @Albert, maybe you remember the "story" with @TI-GAMER  ~ 2 years ago ? Edit: 5 years ?

This was exactly the same what happened to me. Maybe.... ?️‍♂️  ?

9 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

20210223_173934.jpg

I have that same phone, crystal castles banner, monitor, atari and similar mag rack lol

Always nice to see fellow doppelganger weirdos out there :)

• Like 2

Newer seller on ebay with id rugu_8163

Located out of the Netherlands. 

Not sure if they are a member here too.

I bought some intetesting pal items from them, after i paid they stopped all communication. After 2 weeks still no shipping information or communications. 

I filed dispute with paypal, that took 10 more days and they ignored it completely. 

Finally got my money back but watch out wasting your time with this seller.

Edited by stupus

• 9 months later...

I recommend steering clear of eBay seller backwardscompatible. They had an eight-game Philips CD-i lot that sold at auction last week for $55. Fast forward to today, and they have re-listed the same lot for $149.99. Reading between the lines, they were not satisfied with the winning auction bid of $55, canceled the order, and re-listed it for nearly $100 more. Avoid!

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, Crazy Climber said:

20210223_173934.jpg

Better hope that phone does not ring.  I had the same type of phone sitting on my TV and it magnetized the mask.  Though, I guess degaussing is fairly easy, these days.

FTR, and months later, I have two land-lines at my place.  One for the home phone, one for the home office phone, and each carries a VDSL circuit.  Up until I moved to this place about six years ago, my land-line always worked, even when we were without power for a couple of days for major storms.  However, here we have a fiber-fed powered shelf at the entrance to the neighborhood.  Great for my VDSL, but it only runs for six hours without power, after which I lose phone and Internet. Which sucked when Irma kicked our asses, knocking out 85% of our cellular and 90% of our power infrastructures for a week and a-half, but more than a month over-all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Better hope that phone does not ring.  I had the same type of phone sitting on my TV and it magnetized the mask.  Though, I guess degaussing is fairly easy, these days.

FTR, and months later, I have two land-lines at my place.  One for the home phone, one for the home office phone, and each carries a VDSL circuit.  Up until I moved to this place about six years ago, my land-line always worked, even when we were without power for a couple of days for major storms.  However, here we have a fiber-fed powered shelf at the entrance to the neighborhood.  Great for my VDSL, but it only runs for six hours without power, after which I lose phone and Internet. Which sucked when Irma kicked our asses, knocking out 85% of our cellular and 90% of our power infrastructures for a week and a-half, but more than a month over-all.

Whew...when you see someone has quoted you in the bad trader thread, it's a sigh of relief that its about the old rotary phone! 

Ha, never even thought about that! Makes sense though.

Sadly I sold my 1702 monitor. It was in the background of one of my Craigslist adds and someone offered me stupid money for it ($200) I regret it though, they are really good monitors...

Still have my rotary, for same reasons (storms) it will probably out live me and time itself. Yeah, its hooked up and working (although the ringer is off, too many robo calls haha)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3