IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

On 2/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, sixersfan105 said:

I'm sorry that happened to you. Of note, this Inex Group LLC is likely not the issue, as they seem to be a forwarding service (lots of these companies exist and most are harmless). Seems like there are a lot of Georgian a$$hats, however, that are trying to take advantage of eBay's policies and that's messed up, no doubt. 

You need to put in your terms that refunds are not given unless the product is returned and that you are not responsible for loss of product durring shipping. You can then tell them to piss off if they attempt this scam. When I sell, seller must return the item damaged or not before a refund is ever even remotely considered.. I also do not pay return shipping, that is on them too. . 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:30 AM, Wing_Commander said:

You need to put in your terms that refunds are not given unless the product is returned and that you are not responsible for loss of product durring shipping. You can then tell them to piss off if they attempt this scam. When I sell, seller must return the item damaged or not before a refund is ever even remotely considered.. I also do not pay return shipping, that is on them too. . 

You can put whatever terms you want.  Ebay can/will decide to pay or charge you for return shipping and they will decide if the buyer gets a refund.  Pictures and/or video is the best defense against scammers.

• Like 1

Had the same problem twice in one day on ebay for some snes games.

Both users tjbest007 and anxz_3221 bidded on items I'm selling, the second was bidding to the last moment. First claimed they accidently bidded then didn't say anything for over 36 hours until the bidding ended, the second one has claimed they suddenly "lost money" the same day. First was nice enough to have messaged me first, the second only responded when I queried.

Edit: these are both 100% feedback users over 100 rep, actually a little bit surprised. 

Edit2: Another one  ncandrew - bidded midweek, claimed on my second message on 5th day of nonpayment that they didn't even know they bidded. Do people really not get notifications for this kind of stuff? I get battered with it - even for making a bid. Is it even possible to bid without setting a number and clicking ok?

Edited by Mikebloke

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:30 AM, Wing_Commander said:

If the seller says "it's not as described", Ebay will determine the return policy, not you.  It literally makes NO DIFFERENCE what you say in your post.  Don't kid yourself into thinking this is in any way fair or reasonable. If you refuse to take a return, Ebay will refund the buyer (from your bank account, if they have to) and let the buyer keep the item.  This is what the buyers want.  Ask me how I know :)

Edited by SeeOne
  • Like 1

Yup. I for one am thankful for ebay's generous bias toward buyers. Comes in handy when something is counterfeit. So much garbage and "refurbed" brand-name (but not brand name) stuff is out there. Just had purchased what was said to be a new Samsung LCD panel. It was not. It didn't have the characteristics of the brand in so many ways. So the seller was a liar and as a result I don't care about their inconveniences.

Even though I got to keep the panel, I just threw it out because it was simply too hard on the eyes. And way out of spec. And I didn't mind one picoscopic iota about contributing to landfill waste. Be damned if I'm gonna waste time and dollar on someone's scammy behavior.

Edited by Keatah
fix spelling

4 hours ago, Keatah said:

I for one am thankful for ebay's generous bias toward buyers.

I sort-of am as well.  It's gone both ways on me in the past.

At present, I'm fighting both eBay and a seller.  I purchased a repair service for a factory navigation unit back in January, sent the unit to him (plus payment) for repair, and three months later had nothing to show for it.

eBay is claiming that their buyer protection doesn't cover services.  The seller is not communicating with either me or eBay.  The police are now involved, and, because it's across State lines, is a total cluster.  USPS was used to send the unit in, so that may be another avenue I pursue if things don't improve.

• Sad 1

On 12/11/2022 at 3:53 PM, Mikebloke said:

Do people really not get notifications for this kind of stuff?

I turned off all Ebay notifications on my phone since they were just so constant, usually having to do with nothing I was bidding on/etc..

I'm not saying this is the case with this guy though :) Just saying people do turn them off ;) 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:00 AM, sixersfan105 said:

In any event, I wound up keeping the game but was pretty unhappy with how it all went down, so I left neutral feedback explaining that the item wasn't as described and how the seller wouldn't consider a partial refund. In classic eBay fashion, he managed to get that neutral feedback removed fairly quickly, as he has a pretty high feedback tally overall. So ridiculous how eBay operates these days...

I'm not sticking up for this guy either since it sounds like it wasn't described correctly but I refuse any/all partial refunds too. I always offer a FULL refund including all shipping charges. Partial refunds always seem fishy to me (when I described it correctly of course!)  :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The ebay user "devilmingy" may be a problem. 

He has listed various consoles on ebay for sale. I am assuming they are a part of his collection posted back in 2014 here:

https://enthusiacs.boards.net/thread/92/devil-mingys-console-collection-updated

And this was the listing I had purchased:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256076942533

Last week (Friday) I saw he had listed an SG-1000 II system with a game and card catcher. This is a system that I have always wanted especially since it never came to NA. I bought it, but I did notice a bad feedback on his account with:

image.thumb.png.698d9a6b0c99bcd38c9f87f3f87249fc.png

But, he does have other good feedbacks so I took a chance. Well, the same thing is happening to me now.

He messaged me on Monday saying it was going out "tomorrow" which would be Tuesday. But, while he had marked it as shipped he did not add tracking.

I have been asking for tracking since Tuesday and no response at all. 

Why do people do this? I mean, afaik ebay does not even release the funds until the item is confirmed delivered....its not like the old days. I just do not get the mindset.

In any case, I have sent him a few cordial messages to do the right thing and fess up if it really was never sent. Still no replies so I dread this is going to have to go through the ebay resolution process.  At this point I cannot recommend buying anything from this seller, but if things change for the better I will certainly update this post.

UPDATE: I had filed an ebay complaint this morning and then the seller immediately provided tracking. Why he couldn't do that with my private messages I do not know, but at least I see something is moving now. Communication is key when selling items anywhere. 

UPDATE #2: Looks like the tracking he provided is BS. The package is now out for delivery in Missouri. I live in New Jersey!

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, eightbit said:

I mean, afaik ebay does not even release the funds until the item is confirmed delivered....its not like the old days.

Typically, eBay releases funds to sellers 48 hours after a sale, regardless of whether an item has been shipped out, etc. UNLESS it's a brand-new seller, in which case there may be some restrictions implemented. Sorry to hear you've been dealing with a jerk but glad to see your update that filing an eBay complaint lit a fire under him (it should never have to come to that). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sixersfan105 said:

Typically, eBay releases funds to sellers 48 hours after a sale, regardless of whether an item has been shipped out, etc. UNLESS it's a brand-new seller, in which case there may be some restrictions implemented. Sorry to hear you've been dealing with a jerk but glad to see your update that filing an eBay complaint lit a fire under him (it should never have to come to that). 

Yup, 48 to 72 hours depending on the method of payment.

• 2 months later...

eBay user kava118

He purchased an Amiga CD32 + TF328 from me. He received it and said it was not working, he had a very bad attitude, said he purchased a "LEMON" and he said my listing was a scam. All this in his very first message to me. I told him to make sure the TF328 sits well inside the CD32 in case it got moved during transportation and that I took offense with him calling me scammer and that if he doesn't apologize I will not be communicating with him, but only directly through eBay. He sent a second message with threats, so waiting to see how this will end up 😞

Unfortunately this is what I am worried about... I reported them to eBay and blocked them as buyers. I hope eBay will do their due diligence... I am not a big seller, as most of us here try to fund my retro computer hobby with selling duplicate hardware/software. But I do have a few years of presence on eBay where this person seems to have join in Aug 2023 (another red flag). In the meanwhile eBay sent a message saying they will be taking funds from future sales unless I accept the return!!! I hope this will have a good ending... Any advice please share... Believe it or not it is the first time I am dealing with something like this.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, larrylaffer said:

Kava118 opened a return request and had the nerve to message me saying that he didn't want an actual return, he wanted to keep the CD32 and get a full refund 🙂

To eBay's credit I called them, explained what happened and they closed the case. Phew... I feel better...

Be on the look out, he can still appeal that decision. If he does, you MUST send him a return label, but you do not have to accept the return or grant a refund until you receive the item. If he tries to mail back a brick, you can file an appeal and an affidavit and if you have even halfway decent proof, ebay will reverse the decision in your favor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is great info to know, thank you @bent_pin! Actually I got an email from what saying they refunded the buyer but at the same time I am not liable and not touching my funds... I suppose eBay had their insurance that cover them for cases like this... Shame however scammers and up profiting... This affects all of us negatively in the long term...

11 minutes ago, larrylaffer said:

That is great info to know, thank you @bent_pin! Actually I got an email from what saying they refunded the buyer but at the same time I am not liable and not touching my funds... I suppose eBay had their insurance that cover them for cases like this... Shame however scammers and up profiting... This affects all of us negatively in the long term...

Report scammers here, check here before shipping large orders: Bad Buyer List - online fraud buyer, ebay blacklist sharing

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2023 at 11:30 PM, larrylaffer said:

Kava118 opened a return request and had the nerve to message me saying that he didn't want an actual return, he wanted to keep the CD32 and get a full refund 🙂

To eBay's credit I called them, explained what happened and they closed the case. Phew... I feel better...

Disgusting, I see this happen a lot in the the BMX world too.  Blows my mind that Ebay/Paypal/whoever will issue a refund and let them keep the item.

• 1 month later...

eBay doesn't always favor the buyer. I bought a roll up foam float for the lake that had a a vague dimension description and photos. The photos showed what I expected to get. What I got was 1/4 the size. eBay refused to refund me, and the shitbag liar overseas seller (from Israel of all places) got to keep my money.

I seldom buy on eBay anymore and when I do, it is for industrial PLC parts from a few sellers I have experience with who import the exact same items from China but don't mark things up 200% like distributors do. I need to make money too.

I no longer sell on eBay. Got screwed a few times by scammers who said they didn't get what they paid for even when my description was exact and photos were of the actual item sent in the condition described.