IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Phantom is a A-#1 guy in my book and i have dealt with him on trades and such many times and i think of him as my friend.

Now i have had ordered from Atari2600.com a few times and i have only had one problem with them/him before(which i dont know was there/his fault it was more of a Post Office thing).

Its a shame that this has happen but am sure justice will prevail but i think someone is not going to be happy with the end result.

I first I was thinking, well, that sucks, Phantom got ripped, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized there are 2 separate issues here.

1) The stuff was sold to someone else, your payment should have been refunded immediately. No question here.

2) Ah the tricky one.... The seller is free to list any terms and conditions as they see fit, and buyers are free to accept said conditions, or simply not bid. If the seller wants to be paid only via Discover on a Tuesday with a full moon, well, as crazy as it seems, those are the conditions. If you don't like them, don't bid. Now that said, if you KNEW you couldn't meet the 3 day thing, you probably should have contacted the seller BEFORE bidding. When you contacted the seller after accepting the terms of the auction (which you did, by placing a bid) and then said you can't meet the terms, I think realistically, you've just canceled the contract.

I don't think you can fault the 2nd chance bidder. You told the seller you couldn't meet the conditions, so they made a legitimate offer to the next guy, who accepted.

I don't think the seller was using the best business sense here, but they are technically correct in their actions.

You have every right to get your money back, but I think that's where it ends.

Good Luck.

I first I was thinking, well, that sucks, Phantom got ripped, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized there are 2 separate issues here.

1) The stuff was sold to someone else, your payment should have been refunded immediately. No question here.

2) Ah the tricky one.... The seller is free to list any terms and conditions as they see fit, and buyers are free to accept said conditions, or simply not bid. If the seller wants to be paid only via Discover on a Tuesday with a full moon, well, as crazy as it seems, those are the conditions. If you don't like them, don't bid. Now that said, if you KNEW you couldn't meet the 3 day thing, you probably should have contacted the seller BEFORE bidding. When you contacted the seller after accepting the terms of the auction (which you did, by placing a bid) and then said you can't meet the terms, I think realistically, you've just canceled the contract.

I don't think you can fault the 2nd chance bidder. You told the seller you couldn't meet the conditions, so they made a legitimate offer to the next guy, who accepted.

I don't think the seller was using the best business sense here, but they are technically correct in their actions.

You have every right to get your money back, but I think that's where it ends.

Good Luck.

No technically they arent because I paid in 3 days per the agreement.

Again for the read what I feel like crew.

The BITCH still has my money and the creep still has my games. you all can send him whatever money you wish. In my book, he's a creep and a crook.

WHO SAID I COULDNT PAY IN 3 DAYS? I asked for 7 and they were sold out from under me after 20 MINUTES of the auction ending. AND I PAID IN 3 DAYS!!!

So get your facts straight! Asking to pay in 7 days does not give the seller the right to just move on ....without even a note for F's sake, that it must be paid in 3 days!

Which it was.

If it was someone NOT in the community, it wouldnt be right to keep them

and it is moreso that I am.

He can keep my games. He's a thief in my book and anyone that buys from him never has a right to complain about a reseller again because AFAIK, thats all he is, a money grubbing crook that contributes 0 to this community except for selling you all games at top dollar. Jboypacman spent and is missing over $100 of items from this crook. Youd think an operation as large as his, that charges as much as his, would have some kind of delivery confirmation so my question to Jboy is, did it have delivery confirmation and where the hell are your items? unprofessional is what it is... to save .60 at most and NOT have delivery confirmation! You all buy from the thief, but when he dicks you over, I have no sympathy for you. This guy has STOLEN GOODS as far as the law goes yet some defend him. I got PMs telling me how NICE he is. Yea he's real nice when he's selling you a game at top dollar but hope the guy never finds your wallet on the street. You wont get it back. So Go spend his high prices on games, just know he would screw you over in a heartbeat if he could.

Anyone looking to buy fom him ( atari2600.com) in the future should check with me 1st. send me the game you want and the link that shows how much he wants and if I have it in my own collection even and its not a double, I'll sell you my copy cheaper just to cost this thief any sale I could and pics will always be available before any deal is consumated. Infact, Im gonna buy every game I can especially boxed and make them available to you right here on AA. Thats my new side project. I will search to the ends of the earth to find boxed & loose games to sell you 5-10% below his price, if not more ;) . So let him keep the games he robbed me of, hopefully he'll think twice before screwing someone over again.

Clearly they are my games and the seller was and is a bitch that broke a legally binding contract. The fact that Joe accpeted the offer wasnt wrong, keeping my games when he knows they shouldnt be his IS MOST DEFINATELY WRONG. So buy from him all you want. Maybe one day he can screw you over as well.

Edited by Phantom

Ok its cool Ant.I did loose over $100 in games in the mail i ordered from Atari2600.com but i didnt pay for tracking or insurance on said games.

So it was my fault for not paying for it i guess but i felt i have never had problem getting items in the mail before so i just didnt pay extra for the insurance.

I was mad but i got over it because it was out of my hands i will get thoses games sometime but now in your case you have every right to be upset buddy and i hope you are taking the steps to be sure you can get this sort out and taken care.

Like i said in my previous post am sure justice will prevail for you but be sure to keep us up to date on everything. :)

Thought I would add my post.

He's got good feedback, but for me, he's the only package thats ever been "lost", or had problems with, and for the most part, the only guy that offered no other help, basically tough luck for me... this happened a while ago, but as usual bad trades/sales I have seen nothing to date about it, normally, especially since this wasn't a 10$ deal I'd expect a little help on the cash end, funny thing, it hasn't happened again since, or before, and 90% of my deals are in the US.

JerseyDevil

- My $ for his Megaman 7, X, X2, X3. PENDING IN SINCE AUGUST 15th 2005... Jim Braciliano, 494 Summit Ave Carlstadt, NJ 07072 USA cashed a 90$ (USD) money order, but no games, offered nothing to help, you've been warned, total THIEF.

I did have communication with him and I even still have the PM's, however, like I said, it was basically "tough luck!"

All the other folks I've dealt with here at Atariage have been awsome!

I would of posted this earlier but I never saw this thread.

Edited by nik

Jan Wiren ("Jawa") from Finland owes me $179.

Between 1998 and 2000 I sent him some Atari stuff (2600, joypads, Jaguar stuff, etc.) with a value of $179. He never paid for the stuff. He promised to pay several times in the last years but never did. He says he still has the stuff but he also refuses to send it back to me.

It's my own fault you say because I sent him stuff before he paid. Right. But we had very good contact back then and I was sure I could trust him as some former deals worked out fine. Unfortunately I was wrong. Jan Wiren is NOT a person you can trust. Sad but true.

• 3 weeks later...

It pains me to do this.

kevin242 aka Kevin Saunders. Quoted me $40 shipping to send a monitor, said it would be sent parcel or priority. Monitor arrives in a box marked 'media mail' for $12.40. Has, so far, refused to refund the difference.

I'm still hoping it's a misunderstanding, and that Kevin will make this right. I'll withhold further personal info for the time being. Further PM's and info available on request.

I'm trying to work this out with kevin. i give him the benefit of the doubt that he had some distraction over the holiday. Will post update on Monday.

Edited by Joe Stella

I hate to do this myself,

flyers156 was supposed to buy a GBA lot from me. He told me that he would send out a money order on Monday morning. I waited a week for the money order and after sending message after message, he finally told me

TODAY that he was going to pass.

Here's the reason for the complaint. I only agreed to sell him the lot because he promised quick payment. I had to tell a member who wanted a Christmas gift for his fiancee that I had to pass. Hopefully, he'll buy the lot still.

Why would you promise payment and then tell me A WEEK LATER THAT YOU ARE GOING TO PASS?!!!

I was planning on using that money for Christmas shopping since I was strapped for cash this year(I have to help pay for my aunt's bills since she's only working part time), but now I can't. Thanks a lot!!!

On a side note about Atari2600.com, I sold them a Meteorites cart that I was supposed to receive $78 for. When the guy gets it, he only gives me $65! His excuse was "there was some sticker residue on the cart". This dude docked me $12 for a little thing he could've used "Goo Gone" on! I only took the money because nobody on here or Digital Press wanted the cart.

So, I wouldn't sell any carts to Atari2600.com either.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Update to my issue with T2KFREEKER:

Finally we managed to settle our issue. It was not T2KFREEKER's fault, and it was not mine either. We got screwed up by usps and things got out of hand. He even offered to compensate for my loss, but its all good and I am glad to know that we got this issue between us cleared in a very friendly way. It was noones fault and we had nothing to gain or profit from each other. I am glad he accepted my gesture and everything is good now.

Take care man.. :cool:

Edited by phil_vr

I hate to do this myself,

flyers156 was supposed to buy a GBA lot from me. He told me that he would send out a money order on Monday morning. I waited a week for the money order and after sending message after message, he finally told me

TODAY that he was going to pass.

Here's the reason for the complaint. I only agreed to sell him the lot because he promised quick payment. I had to tell a member who wanted a Christmas gift for his fiancee that I had to pass. Hopefully, he'll buy the lot still.

Why would you promise payment and then tell me A WEEK LATER THAT YOU ARE GOING TO PASS?!!!

I was planning on using that money for Christmas shopping since I was strapped for cash this year(I have to help pay for my aunt's bills since she's only working part time), but now I can't. Thanks a lot!!!

On a side note about Atari2600.com, I sold them a Meteorites cart that I was supposed to receive $78 for. When the guy gets it, he only gives me $65! His excuse was "there was some sticker residue on the cart". This dude docked me $12 for a little thing he could've used "Goo Gone" on! I only took the money because nobody on here or Digital Press wanted the cart.

So, I wouldn't sell any carts to Atari2600.com either.

...Kind of like telling me a week+ ago that the GB lot was AVAILABLE only to PM me several hours later and say you RECEIVED a money money order for it, and "sorry" ? :roll: (BTW...I sold a few things that I wasnt too keen on selling in order to raise the money for that lot...)

Oh...and then PMing me just now re-'offering' me the lot? Damn... b a d form man...

Best of luck, eh?

-Joe

kevin242, aka Kevin Saunders has made it very clear that he doesn't intend to refund the $27.60 he owes me for overpaid shipping from our transaction. I gave him every opportunity to respond to me here on Atariage, and on myspace (after tracking him down.) over the period of one week. In every instance, he shut down communication by blocking my PM's.

I'd be happy to give a timeline + PM's to anyone that's interested. I can also document the check that he signed over to presumably his father James Saunders who cashed it, his admission that he knew about the overage on shipping, and his thinly veiled attempt to pass the buck to someone he says shipped the package for him. Kevin, if you're reading this, YOU are responsible for the transaction, no one else. Get that through your dim little bulb.

In an effort to protect others that may be approached by Kevin (public information obtained via internet search):

atariage: kevin242

Yahoo IM: kevstar242

Google/MSN: kev242@gmail.com

AOL IM: kevstar242

SecondLife: Sirkevin Bombast

eBay: kevin242

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/kevin242

amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1NRBQYLL7C52I

BTW Kevin, it's never too late to make things right. I would very much like to edit this post and let others know you dealt with this like a man and did the responsible thing.

Edited by Joe Stella

• 2 weeks later...

revsdr is a JOKE! Buy from him at your own peril. Theres no setting nothing straight after this note from him and Im taking the games, IF I EVER GET THEM, down to my cousin (he's in Forensics) at the crime lab to be tested for anything foreign. I wouldnt be surprised if he laced them with feces after this note he sent me below.

From Seller: revsdr on 12/10/2007 15:51 PST

fuck you you stupid fag..it was sent

and tracking # will be provided..i will file a follow up claim against you

Its been a Month since I paid him and he said they shipped twice. 2nd time his wife(Supposedly) emails me back and says "Mr Revs has been out of town, He's walking me through how to ship your games right now. They will be going out tomorrow and He said he's going to throw Pete Rose in for the delay."

Everything was fine then another 2 weeks go by, nothing comes.

I ask thru email again, What gives? I thought they were mailed twice now?

I get a nasty reply back so I sent her a note telling her To have Mr Revs Contact me by the weekend or forget about it and I'll take a refund and I ask how long is he gone for anyway? Well then I get a real nasty reply how Mr Revs is gonna have it with me for being nasty to her. I guess asking where he is and what kinda trip he's on for over a month was a bad idea. Or maybe it was my statement that "Mr Revs must be in the Sahara because he cant find a PC to handle this himself for a month? So after her(I Think its him the entire time now) Last nasty response, I told her to forget it and just give me my money back and went and made a PP dispute and then I get this nasty note above quoted in the dispute today!

I've heard bad stories in the Past about Revsdr and ALWAYS was reluctant to buy from this Dude because of it and I should have kept that policy on him. He says theres tracking but he hasnt provided any to Me nor Paypal yet. So this is a 3rd time they've supposedly shipped I guess? I know of atleast one other indivdual currently getting the cold shoulder about part of an order he placed with him. He said he was making a post here as well about it but thats been a week now and he hasnt so dont be surprised if more that have been burned by this guy come out of the woodwork. A simple email explaining why there was a delay from Mr Revs could have avoided this but Like I said, there must be no PC's available where he was all month. I wouldnt be surprised if the deal was that he waits 60 days, puts you off til then and claims he sent them and then its too late for a dispute. Youre out the cash. I'll gladly take down the dispute when I get my games, but after his lil note, he deserved to be placed here. Cheers

Edited by Phantom

All good examples in the above posts as to why i dont believe in selling to AA members in marketplace,or any other site im a member of.Tis too easy for a lot of things to go wrong,resulting in bad blood between members.Rightfully or wrongfully,always something WILL go wrong.Selling or buying online especially EBAY,is nothing but a big f@#$g headache,NO THANX.Yes,the majority of sellers and buyers here at AA are honest good hearted,and want to help fellow members,but like i said ,the minutist thing could go wrong,be it the postal service that screws up,theft,whatever,could easily make things go sour.IvE ALWAYS left money and business out from between friends and family,and anyone or anybody that i wish to STAY friends with.

Edited by Rik

All good examples in the above posts as to why i dont believe in selling to AA members in marketplace,or any other site im a member of.Tis too easy for a lot of things to go wrong,resulting in bad blood between members.Rightfully or wrongfully,always something WILL go wrong.Selling or buying online especially EBAY,is nothing but a big f@#$g headache,NO THANX.Yes,the majority of sellers and buyers here at AA are honest good hearted,and want to help fellow members,but like i said ,the minutist thing go go wrong,be it the postal service that screws up,theft,whatever,could easily make things go sour.IvE ALWAYS left money and business out from between friends and family,and anyone or anybody that i wish to STAY friends with.

Answering an email yourself isnt hard which is what this comes down to.

This is an abberation and one I could have avoided from past posts on this member.

To tell someone you shipped something multiple times

and then to find out it never has, is troublesome & is not normal.

Ive had 99% of dealings go extremely well here in AA.

So I dont agree with your opinion on trading or selling in AA.

I think people are wayyyyyy more honest here than anywhere,

especially if they care about their rep at all.

But then again, you do have your bad apples everywhere.

I would have waited another month if I could just get some honesty. A reply and if you dont make me look in the mailbox for a month and tell me you shipped twice and when I ask whats up?... Then the wife jumps down my throat and you cant even answer for yourself! Yea then I put you here, and still wouldnt have put him here if he didnt tell me to F off in the dispute as long as i got what I paid for. Now I dont even want them. I seriously dont want anything in my home from some whacko who might have tainted them because he's mad at me for his own ignorance and incompetence.

Thats an oddity what happened here. Youre entitled to your opinion but I think youre missing out and after dealing with Revsdr, I know I dont want to ever again so its not like it was a big loss, if anything, it was more of a confirmation.

Edited by Phantom

• 2 weeks later...
We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $0.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.

And Paypal is a frickin joke as well as they protect you how??? :x :x :x :x

ONLY IF THE SELLER HAS THE MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT???

SOME PROTECTION!!!! WHAT CROOK IS GOING TO LEAVE $ IN THERE???

F PAYPAL!!

I swear to God that I am taking this shit to anyone that'll listen, networks, news of any sort, anything that will report on Paypal and Ebays bogus policies...they need to be investigated when they can simply rob people of funds while claiming you are protected!!!! They are as big a scam as the thieves they let use it!

Revsdr is a scam artist and he will most definately pay.

More than what is owed in the end as well.

Edited by Phantom

Margaret Revis

Email: atarifunds@hotmail.com

Names: Stacy Revis, Margaret Revis

revsdr@hotmail.com

This is the start of my roadtrip. This thieving douche is done thieving! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Edited by Phantom

Damn the bad luck. PayPal is bad for sellers. I guess these are all reasons for me to want money orders and cashiers checks. When they arrive at least I can make sure they are real before I send anything. Phantom, I do hope things get resolved. Nobody needs to stay angry at others. I hate grudges. People like you describe should be FLOGGED!

JerseyDevil

- My $ for his Megaman 7, X, X2, X3. PENDING IN SINCE AUGUST 15th 2005... Jim Braciliano, 494 Summit Ave Carlstadt, NJ 07072 USA cashed a 90$ (USD) money order, but no games, offered nothing to help, you've been warned, total THIEF.

I would of posted this earlier but I never saw this thread.

It's especially too bad you didn't see my post as he ripped me off a while ago. Only bad experience I've had with AA'er dealings. :(

Email way back from MRS??? Revsdr....Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007

"Hi Phantom,

This is Mrs. Revsdr. My husband is out of town. He had asked me to mail out your games the night before he left. I do not know anything about this internet stuff and I was not sure where to find your address and such.

He went over how to do it on the phone last night. I will get the games together and get them mailed out to you as soon as possible.

Because it has taken me so long, my husband told me to include the game "Pete Rose Baseball". So I will get them together and sent out.

I am very sorry.

Thank You,

Mrs. Revsdr"

taken ME so long? How is it ME when it should have been Mr Revs? Oh well...

said he shipped 3 times. Tells me off when I place a dispute because he doesnt respond for over a month. Right then I should have Immediately filed the claim but he said he just shipped them while he was telling me off in the dispute so i waited to see if they came instead, hoping to cancel the dispute and he must had realized a dispute isnt a claim because he took out his $.

He takes his money out of Paypal and never responds at all.

He Hasnt Logged in here since I sent payment.

Yes its sad when you cant trust people on AA to come thru that have in the past.

You dont expect it here. Im not the only one Revsdr screwed over

but I hope to be the last.

Cheers

PS: And to Sly, yes I looked at your trader list and saw whom it was. No biggie, I still have the same sentiment whenever anyone gets jobbed, especially by another member.

Cheers

Edited by Phantom

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105097

Incase anyone wants to see how

REVSDR screwed another over royally and well documented.

I knew there was a reason I never bought from him and though it appeared he was making good deals lately, they even turn out to be fabricated to some degree and I only wish I had taken the time to go back and do a search on him and read this thread below and I never would have let him steal my money. But now its my duty to see him put in jail. I have a feeling he's scamming people on a larger basis with cars now and I wont stop until justice is served. This kinda person needs to be eliminated from AA and the general public.

Here's the link to the old thread where he robbed another member. Cheers.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105097

Oh and you certainly dont want to buy ANYTHING from 12fish34 on EBAY!

Edited by Phantom

I'd like to put down Dojosky for being a bad trader.

I paid over $1000 for consoles over payments, and over a year later, he still hasn't sent everything, and as for the past couple months, he has disappeared completely. I ask about the stuff, all he says is, ok, I got more rounded up for you, then disappears.

I'd like to put down Dojosky for being a bad trader.

I paid over $1000 for consoles over payments, and over a year later, he still hasn't sent everything, and as for the past couple months, he has disappeared completely. I ask about the stuff, all he says is, ok, I got more rounded up for you, then disappears.

I'll 2nd that as Ive gotten the same kind of responses out of him also on a deal we did over a year ago.

Originally he did send me the goods but they arrived in not working condition.He said he could repair them so I sent the items back to him and to this day Im out the dough and the goods!

I have been told by him and his buddy T2 that it has been repaired and was going to be on its way back to me but I just dont see that as happening as pms to any further status have went unanswered~