IGNORED

Rainbow Invaders Label Contest - Winner Announced!

I've posted the first wave of label submissions to the contest page! This includes several labels that have not been posted to the thread here.. You can view all the submissions here:

http://www.atariage.com/features/contests/...tml#Submissions

Some great entries thus far, and I look forward to seeing additional entries before the contest deadline next weekend!

..Al

Well, here are two contributions from me; one classic version and one a bit more modern. I am not entirely happy with them, but time is running out. I have another idea, but I doubt I will have the time to finish it. Thanks for the e-mail about the contest Albert, always fun to work with 2600 labels… :)

post-1597-1147462083_thumb.jpgpost-1597-1147462112_thumb.jpg

Edited by Han

I've just posted another 10 entries from Nathan Strum, Renato Brito, Mats lixt, J. Mintjes, Matt Reed, and Hernán Callo. You can view all the entries here:

Rainbow Invaders Label Contest Submissions

The contest ends this Sunday at midnight, so you still have two days to get submissions in! Thanks to everyone who's sent in entries thus far, they look great!

..Al

The "sort by date" column doesn't work. It dumps you back to the main AtariAge page.

Oh, yeah - it's linked to http://.../index.php instead of just index.php. By the way, nice design! Your characters always have so much energy! If you don't mind my asking, where did the planet earth image come from? Something you worked up from Google Earth images, maybe?

Edited by Jacob Rose

By the way, nice design! Your characters always have so much energy! If you don't mind my asking, where did the planet earth image come from? Something you worked up from Google Earth images, maybe?

Thanks!

I rendered the Earth using Carrara. It has presets to make planets including the texture maps and clouds. I just "posed" it where I wanted it, adjusted the sun, and rendered it. Then I tweaked the end result to make the surface look less "rendered" and more "painted".

I rendered the Earth using Carrara. It has presets to make planets including the texture maps and clouds. I just "posed" it where I wanted it, adjusted the sun, and rendered it. Then I tweaked the end result to make the surface look less "rendered" and more "painted".

Cool, thanks for the insight. It looks like a toy version of planet Earth!

I've posted the last entries for the contest, one from Jacob Rose and one from Eliseo Ruiz Jr. Also, four of Hernán Callo's entries were updated. You can view all 46 entries here:

Rainbow Invaders Label Contest Entries

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to enter! We'll announce a winner as soon as Silvio Mogno has had time to review all the entries and make a decision. Which won't be too long since we're going to start selling this game at the Midwest Gaming Classic!

..Al