IGNORED

Rainbow Invaders Label Contest - Winner Announced!

I haven't really been following this contest and I just had a chance to check-in and see all the entries. As usual there are a bunch of good ones. But I really love Henry Lee's old-school, comic style illustration. Nice job! :thumbsup:

I haven't really been following this contest and I just had a chance to check-in and see all the entries. As usual there are a bunch of good ones. But I really love Henry Lee's old-school, comic style illustration. Nice job! :thumbsup:

Me too - reminds me of the Awful Green Things From Outer Space board game - just imagine if his design wins and the manual is a comic book. :cool:

Although, at this point, I don't think we'll ever know who wins...even the label will be printed in invisible ink to prevent the secret from getting out. :)

Edited by Jacob Rose

My apologies for not announcing the winning entry sooner, I've been incredibly busy the last two weeks getting ready for the Midwest Gaming Classic. Heck, I'm posting this from a hotel room outside of St. Louis, the first time I've had a moment to relax in many days! Without further ado, the label Silvio Mogno chose to grace copies of Rainbow Invaders is the following:

rainbow_winner.jpg

This is one of Nathan Strum's entries, tweaked a slight bit from the winning entry (the rainbow effect in the title was changed, and the "Produced by AtariAge" text was added). Congratulations to Nathan, and many thanks to everyone who took time to submit the many wonderful entries we received!

..Al

Without further ado, the label Silvio Mogno chose to grace copies of Rainbow Invaders is the following:

This is one of Nathan Strum's entries, tweaked a slight bit from the winning entry

Great label, Nathan - I think I said before how much I admire the energy of your characters, but I also think your design really makes the game look fun!

Thanks! They were fun characters to draw.

I really liked the "bowl full of powerups" in your labels. That was a cool idea (especially how they turn into the AA logo). I couldn't figure out how to include the powerups, and that was a great solution.

I agree with DaveD about Henry Lee's entries, too. Nice retro comic book feel.

Hi to all,

all of the entries had very nice ideas and good art (thanks to all for a so great feedback :)). But the entries that really made my decision hard were:

- the ones of Jacob Rose for his great description of the game concept

- the ones of Henry Lee for his "old Atari catalogue" style

they are equally placed in the second place of the contest :)

I hope the game will be great like the labels that inspired :)

Ciao, happy playing! :)

Silvio