IGNORED

WIP : SAVE YOURSELF - Feedback Needed

MausBoy

Really? I can't find any and it would be cool to see examples of what other people are doing, so could you post some links to some "falling down" games other than MGD?

You could call this a "falling down" game I guess, but you'll get a lot farther in it if you use the stairs. The middle level scrolls left/right, the two after that scroll up, and the one after that is a swimming level.

Here is the result of me trying hard to create a flying bat and something that resembles music. Of course I didn't find any tools like sid2tia before I tried, figures. I still don't know what to do about the bat, or even how awful the castle looks. This is just a title screen demo!

That title screen demo is pretty cool! :)

Really? I can't find any and it would be cool to see examples of what other people are doing, so could you post some links to some "falling down" games other than MGD?

Here, try this for example: Fall Down

Thanks Cybergoth. Save Yourself is 100x more like Castlevania than Fall Down or MGD, so ZB I'd say the answer is 100% no. Since you concentrate on the falling aspects I'll break it down for you:

If you walk off the side of something in SYS, you do fall down. And since stairs that work like the ones in a game like Castlevania are nearly impossible to replicate in a scrolling 2600 game, it's possible to fall off of them in SYS. But you don't die when you hit the bottom of the screen in this game like in Castlevania. You have the chance to land on something that has already scrolled off-screen (or hasn't scrolled on yet, depends which direction you are trying to go.) In some levels you are trying to get down a tower, and up a tower in others, but in NO part of the game is it helpful to fall down.