IGNORED

nes top loader worth it?

i have two toaster style nes systems, one works pretty well and the other is tricky. i saw a top loader at a local store for 69 bucks, and usually i see them for more (when i see them). Take advantage of the ok price, or wait it out on ebay. any thoughts?

I'd sale your two toasters and go for the top loader. Beleive me, being able to put in the cartridge just once and playing without all the hassle is worth it.

No it's not. You can replace the pin connector yourself in one of those toasters for less than $10. You'd have $60 left over to spend on games and whatever, plus you don't need to resort to RF only - since the old toasters have that nice AV jack

Edited by figgler

That's a decent price for one, I useually see them sell for more unless it's just the deck with no hookups or controllers.

I'd say get it. It's more maintnance free than the old vicers are, and it'll take AVS cables out of the box with no modding.

The Old Front loaders are Cool looking, and can be refurbished relatively cheaply and last you years, but their design means it'll need fixed again.

Remember, there's multiple top-loaders.

Actual Nintendo-manufactured ones have diffrent models in Europe, the US, and Japan. The E and J models have AV out, the US one doesn't.

But I'm betting we're talking about a FamiClone here, actually. My local game store is getting 60 for a Yobo.

The Yobo FC Game Console is the best Famicom/Nintendo remake. It has a toploader feature and is quite incredible in loading and graphical enhancements. The Yobo is quite amazing in sound quality and is not cheap like most people think. The Yobos come with the same features, but todays tech is much better so the pieces were made smaller, that is the only inner difference. The Yobo's also dont have the "Block Chip", and if you think about it 5 outta 10 games you attempt to use in your Nintendo wont play. The games that wont play in your Yobo arent playing because your games are probably to damaged from age, I recommend buying better copies. I personally know this to be true, my Super Mario Brothers 3 wasnt working, so I went to my local classic game seller and bought 2 more copies of SMB 3, and both other copies worked fine.

-The Nintendo King

I edited this post because I feel it was to harsh against the Japanese, and I am sorry for that.

Edited by NintendoKing

TOPLOADER = HYPE

Trust me I have been referbing NES systems for years and a toaster has better picture, clearer sound (AV) and the RF on a toploader is shit. It's an overpriced collectors peice no more. Get your 72pin referbed or buy a new one from OSG. Unless your looking for cosmetics and collectables the toploader is actualy not as good as a toaster. new 72 and your good to go with alot more money in your pocket too. And the clones are all junk too, don't waste your money. The SNES dogbone style NES controllers are pretty cool though, aside frm being small they are more comfortable to play with than the square pads.

The Yobo FC Game Console is the best Famicom/Nintendo remake. It has a toploader feature and is quite incredible in loading and graphical enhancements. The Yobo is quite amazing in sound quality and is not cheap jap crap. I am quite proud that it made by my people, the chinese.

Riiiiiiight...

The Yobo FC Game Console is the best Famicom/Nintendo remake. It has a toploader feature and is quite incredible in loading and graphical enhancements. The Yobo is quite amazing in sound quality and is not cheap jap crap. I am quite proud that it made by my people, the chinese.

-The Nintendo King

You have no idea what you are talking about. Looks like the Nintendo King is really a court jester.

Actual Nintendo-manufactured ones have diffrent models in Europe, the US, and Japan. The E and J models have AV out, the US one doesn't.

But I'm betting we're talking about a FamiClone here, actually. My local game store is getting 60 for a Yobo.

it is an actual nes original nes 101 top loader. it is the american version, so no av output. no dogbones either. But i can trade for it and get it cheaper, can't do that on ebay.

it is an actual nes original nes 101 top loader. it is the american version, so no av output. no dogbones either. But i can trade for it and get it cheaper, can't do that on ebay.

It sounds expensive to me especially without the Dog Bones. If it was bare I would say no more then $50.

Granted it is about supply and demand though.

TOPLOADER = HYPE

Trust me I have been referbing NES systems for years and a toaster has better picture, clearer sound (AV) and the RF on a toploader is shit. It's an overpriced collectors peice no more.

There's been an AV mod around for the toploader for awhile now, and in the last year, one guy found a mod to get rid of the vertical screen line problem. I haven't tried that last one out yet, maybe soon.

I do know what I am talking about I own 3 Yobos, and I just recently purchased a real Famicom.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but NES is a cheap american made knockoff of the Famicom; and Mario isnt NES made either, its original to Famicom and known as Disk-Kun... Nintendo added a hat and mustache, wow what a change... So you nintendo fans out there dont know anything if you dont realize that Nintendo Entertainment System is a knockoff of Family Computer Networks of Japan...

-Signed,

The Nintendo King

P.S. I call myself the Nintendo King as a joke... lol

Personally, I wouldn't pay that much for a toploader. I've seen one myself for about that price and passed. For me, the lack of AV is the real deal breaker. I just don't have the time or the extra cash to have someone mod it for me, and the switchbox I use on my game TV only takes s-video or AV cords.

Also, my NES is really reliable since I refurbished the 72pin. I actually had to replace my NES recently, plopped my good 72pin into the new machine and I'm still getting pretty much perfect reliability (and that's without sniping the security chip on the new one!)

NES is a cheap american made knockoff of the Famicom

I don't think I understand this

and Mario isnt NES made either, its original to Famicom and known as Disk-Kun... Nintendo added a hat and mustache, wow what a change

what?

... So you nintendo fans out there dont know anything if you dont realize that Nintendo Entertainment System is a knockoff of Family Computer Networks of Japan...

I don't think I get this one either

Clarification is politely requested

• Like 1

I'd agree with the folks telling ya to pass.

The toploader has been built up to be this great alternative to the toaster, but it's not.

Remeber, Nintendo didn't make it to improve on the toaster, they made it to be CHEAPER than the toaster, and it is. For all the reasons others have listed, it's an awful machine. Sure you can mod this and that, but who has the time/patience/skill for that? Replacing a pin connector just takes a screwdriver and 10 minutes.

-The Nintendo King

I'm sure glad there weren't any racist overtones in that statement. :roll:

Allan

Yeah 69 is decent. I know it originally cost $50, but you won't find any for that now, unless as I said, it's just the console with nothing else.

No AVS? Damn, I've been useing it for years too. :\ Must have something weird. I do remember that it dosen't support sterio sound though, but the original didn't either, I don't think.

I'd agree with the folks telling ya to pass.

The toploader has been built up to be this great alternative to the toaster, but it's not.

Remeber, Nintendo didn't make it to improve on the toaster, they made it to be CHEAPER than the toaster, and it is. For all the reasons others have listed, it's an awful machine. Sure you can mod this and that, but who has the time/patience/skill for that? Replacing a pin connector just takes a screwdriver and 10 minutes.

Just because you replace a pin connector does not always mean that a toaster will work. We've had quite a few that no matter what we did they didn't work. It's alos the quality of the parts. Yes, they did take the AV out to be less expensive but that doesn't mean something is cheap quality.

Actually I love our toploaders. We have no problems. Oh BFD no AV, boo hoo guess that it should be sent to hell for that. :roll: Actually we'll take all the ones you guys don't want, how's that?

It's the cost that I had qualms about. Without anything at least to me they aren't worth that much $. We paid about 50-70 for ours but they came with controllers and all hook-ups and games as well.

We also have a YoBo, fun lil thing it is. :) Paid like 20-30 for it and imo it was worth that no problem and would do it again.

I don't see why everyone has to bash things and demean others just because they don't agree. :roll: (and I don't mean just you jesusc)

Saying something is awful says nothing at all in reality. There will always be differing opinions it's just what facts are presented to back it up?

The Yobo is an ok machine, as long as you know upfront it won't run all your games. For the games that do run it is super reliable. I like mine pretty well as a backup system and the dark blue/white combo is really nice. I would say if you get one to try to get some real NES controllers, the Yobo ones aren't that great.