IGNORED

Limited Edition of "A-VCS-tec Challenge"

Simon

Ok! It's 5 minutes after 'Please wait until 1st of July 2006!' and still no email addy... I'd wanna be #2 or #3... What's the deal-e-o?

This is worse than standing in line at WalMart when they open at midnight on the day after Thanksgiving and it's 10 minutes after midnight and no one has unlocked the front doors yet!

Edited by 4ever2600

:D

Fine thanks.

Just have some other hobbies.

More modern videogames in the moment. But by Special and Limited Editions I am still interested on Atari 2600 VCS games. Or maybe some new Prototype releases. :)

Thanks to Simon, who inform me about the limited edition from his new game.

Hi,

I just returned from a two week summer vacation and will upload the final ordering site at http://www.quernhorst.de/atari/ac.html in a few minutes at 00:00 CET.

Thanks,

Simon

He says he's going to upload the final ordering site in a few minutes which was 2.5 hours ago... And midnight CET time was 3pm west coast time... I can't sit here all night, he should at least change the hyperlink to his email to start letting people email him and get in line... That takes all of two seconds... He probably ran into problems uplinking his 'new ordering site'...

Everyone is free to spent the money for whatever he likes. One wants to get all the bonus items, the other just wants the cart. One prefers new games, the other prefers hacks for example.

I hope you don't mean to imply that people who buy the unlimited edition are only interested in hacks - how can you compare A-VCS-Tec Challenge to a hack! :)

I wish I could justify buying into the special edition, but - perhaps because I never had a C64 (shocking admission that requires some explanation: Dad set his sights on the IBM PC, making me wait for...ever to get a computer at home; meanwhile, I spent an inordinate amount of time at the home of a neighbor who had an Apple ][+ :)) - whatever the reason, I am just interested in playing (and supporting!) the game, so I'll wait for the AA edition.

It's must have been so very cool to have the support of the original author and to have Mr. Bushnell and Mr. Baer (wow! was that Philly Classic a few years back when he attended? I'm still sorry I didn't make that one) take a turn on your game.

Anyway, congrats on the new release!

Hi,

31 of the 55 copies were sold within the first hours. I'll list them on my website later today so that you can see who'll get which serialnumber.

I'll get back to you individually for the shipment/payment details.

I'll check my mails this evening again... we'll see how many copies are gone then.

Thanks,

Simon

it was too funny, i was refreshing this page, while i was finishin at work, and when i was getting up to leave (after i had refresed it like 1 min ago,) i figured, eh, once more! and then it changed!! otherwise i'd have had to wait till I woke up the next day (maybe I would have set my alarm early tho!) Good luck everyone else! (I got #8.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i see the list has been updated. :)

Yes, I try to keep it updated every now and then. I'll update the new version of the list soon again...

Right now 39 of the AC packs are sold which leaves only 16 being available.

IMPORTANT message to all people who already paid: your games are shipped as soon as I received new end labels from Albert/AtariAge, because the new ones look much better. Albert shipped the labels to me on july 7 as EXPRESS and I expect them to arrive within this week.

Please be patient for a few more days.

Thank you very much,

Simon

Hello,

all copies of the limited run are sold now! There were more inquiries than copies available, so there is already a waiting list in case people fail to finish their purchase. I'll remove the ordering information from my website soon.

The new end labels arrived yesterday! So I start packing parcels now...

Thanks for the support,

Simon

Hi,

the first eleven packs are shipped today. Please let me know how you like them...

The next approx. ten packs are shipped tomorrow then.

Very nice: canadian radio station "Energie" reported about the game's release yesterday. :)

@MegaManFan: be a fair loser and stop swearing please...

The unlimited run is sold as soon as all limited editions are shipped.

Later,

Simon