IGNORED

Limited Edition of "A-VCS-tec Challenge"

Simon

@MegaManFan: be a fair loser and stop swearing please...

The unlimited run is sold as soon as all limited editions are shipped.

Later,

Simon

Wow, I've never been told to "be nice and stop swearing" when I just used the phrase "damn you" tongue-in-cheek. Have you not ever had a friend said to you "Damn you, you're such a bastard!" and smile? I do wish you had sent out e-mail updates because I'm not one of those kind of people that easily remembers "Oh so and so is releasing his game on this date, but I have to remember to visit his website because he's not telling people when they're available to order otherwise." Trust me if I was going to curse I would have said a lot worse, like FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER I WANT MY GOD DAMN GAME but in case you missed it this time I'm kidding d00d and I'm not mad about it. I don't really want to shell out big bucks for a limited edition anyway that 90% of people are just going to try and resell on eBay, I just want to play your excellent game.

Hello,

Yeah looks like a great game!! Hope I can get my hands on one for my 2600 vader, what was that again about the 2600 only handling 4 KB and this cart being 8?

The console can only handle 4kb of ROM at the same time. If more ROM is used in the game (in this case 8kb) you have to toggle between the two "banks" of 4kb each. If you have bigger games, they consist of X * 4kb banks between which is switched all the time inside the games routines.

Wow, I've never been told to "be nice and stop swearing" when I just used the phrase "damn you" tongue-in-cheek. Have you not ever had a friend said to you "Damn you, you're such a bastard!" and smile? I do wish you had sent out e-mail updates...

Mate, I sent out reminder emails to all people who purchased my former games and demos. A lot of mails popped back because of not being valid anymore. I didn't know how to spread the news to more interested people other than to post about the release in these forums and to send all those emails - both ways more than two weeks before the release date. Should I have sent personal messages or emails to every forums user here?

BTW: my next game development is already pretty far and if I should decide to make a limited run again, I'll let you know first. :)

Thanks for your understanding,

Simon

The Limited Edition game arrived today. Thank you very much. Box and extras looks great. Must play it later much more. :)

BTW: my next game development is already pretty far ... :)

Anything you can tell already about the new game? Its again an old game which already exist, or a new game like your first release? :)

Guess it'll be waiting for me when I return from holiday :)

As long as there is someone at your postal address to fetch the parcel for you...

I'll pack some more parcels today and hope that the last payments will appear soon.

As soon as all the packs are shipped we're ready for the unlimited run.

Later,

Simon

Pardon,

Being new here I missed out on the pre-orders and such. Are all these claimed? Is it to late to get the special edition?

If so that is cool, but when will the regular edition be availble. I was a HUGE C64 player and I am very much looking forward to playing your 2600 version.

-Ray

Hi,

Being new here I missed out on the pre-orders and such. Are all these claimed? Is it to late to get the special edition?

All copies are reserved right now. I didn't receive payments from nine people by now and I just reminded them. I may announce any possible availability of these carts later again...

@ Rick: I talked to gambler172 on the phone and he told me that he has got connections to a company in Thailand. I really like the result and think that it makes a nice addition to the whole package.

Later,

Simon

@ Rick: I talked to gambler172 on the phone and he told me that he has got connections to a company in Thailand. I really like the result and think that it makes a nice addition to the whole package.

Later,

Simon

I also recommend gambler172 for patches. This quick scan doesn't do the workmanship justice. He had a bunch of these made for me for a project I'm working on. As long as slave labor isn't involved, I support this resource. :ponder: :)

post-2955-1153882433_thumb.jpg

Got my copy today. (Economy shipping came through. Phew!) Simon, GREAT JOB. What a well put together package. Your hard work on the project is appreciated.

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. I really appreciate your feedback. :)

Awaiting some more payments this week and sending out all paid packages. I'm looking forward to all parcels being packed and shipped. :)

Later,

Simon

I got my copy yesterday as I was on holiday when it originally arrived. I haven't played the C64 version, so I can't compare, but it is an addictive little game, and a nice addition to the 2600 homebrew scene. The game is very polished, with great graphics and music throughout. There are also some neat touches, like the Atari pyramid on Level 4, and the difficulty ramps up nicely.

Chris

I got my copy yesterday as I was on holiday when it originally arrived. I haven't played the C64 version, so I can't compare, but it is an addictive little game, and a nice addition to the 2600 homebrew scene. The game is very polished, with great graphics and music throughout. There are also some neat touches, like the Atari pyramid on Level 4, and the difficulty ramps up nicely.

Chris

Thanks for the feedback Chris. Good to hear that by now all people are satisfied with their packs...

BTW: the "Azteca" CD got more interesting lately as Paul Norman's website www.digittarius.com is not available and therefore you can't play Azteca online anymore. I already received some inquiries of people asking for this CD only, but of course: the limted edition items (box, Azteca, Soundtrack, patch) are strictly limited to 55 copies each...

Later,

Simon

Hello everybody,

man i can't wait to get mine :-) hurry up gods of postal deliverance!

Your parcel was shipped on 2006-07-25.

Simon did post them in numerical order I believe... so hopefully it's just taking a while to get over there.

The games were shipped immediately as soon as I received the complete payment...

A few people failed to pay by now. I give them some more days, but afterwards I may offer these copies for sale to the interested people on my reserve list again.

Thanks,

Simon

Hello everybody,

man i can't wait to get mine :-) hurry up gods of postal deliverance!

Your parcel was shipped on 2006-07-25.

Simon did post them in numerical order I believe... so hopefully it's just taking a while to get over there.

The games were shipped immediately as soon as I received the complete payment...

A few people failed to pay by now. I give them some more days, but afterwards I may offer these copies for sale to the interested people on my reserve list again.

Thanks,

Simon

*cough* want one *cough*

-Ray

Hi,

How many people on the reserve list, if you don't mind me asking?

For the statistics: 8 copies are left to be paid and shipped, 5 of these customers promised to make the payment soon, this may leave 3 copies to become available again. There are currently five people on my reservation list.

If another copies gets available again, I'll let you know at this place.

Thanks,

Simon

Got the Special Edition of A-VCS-tec Challenge two weeks ago and finally found some time to test everything. Here my ratings (sorted by order of appearance:)

Packaging and Shipping: A – Fast shipping and very well packed

Game Box: C – I am just a fan of cardboard boxes

Cartridges: A – PAL & NTSC, 2 versions for the price of 1, that’s service. Also like the fact that both are dust cover versions

Manual: A – Short and nice

Audio CD: A – 6 great versions of one of my favorite C64 tracks Azteca

Game CD: / – No rating, it’s a free gimmick (but a disk with just the C64-bin file would have beaten the crap out of the Flash version;)

Patch: B – Nice rendition of the box artwork

Now the most important rating; the game itself:

Graphics: A

Sound: A

Technical Achievement: A

Gameplay: B

This results in an overall rating of: A

Thank you, Simon!

Thank you for an awesome C64 conversion. If you had made the games 25 years ago you would have earned a fortune;) Thanks also to Paul for a fantastic soundtrack and last but not least a thank you to Paul Norman for officially allowing a conversion of his game!

Way to go! Next game has to be Forbidden Forest, another favorite C64 game;)

Marc.