IGNORED

Limited Edition of "A-VCS-tec Challenge"

Simon

Hi Simon,

Got the game(s) a while ago, and must say, you topped yourself with this package!

Sure, the price was a bit high, compared with other homebrews, but certainly worth it, considering all the neat extras that are included.

The white clamshell box works very nicely, hope you will stick to this kind of packaging for your future releases, that way creating a kind of brand identity for your games...

The game itself is much fun and a welcome addition to the VCS library.

Can only recommend both collectors and gamers to pick this up from the AA store once available!

Looking forward to "Rasterfahndung" btw, seems to feature some rather unique gameplay :cool:

Cheers, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got my limited edition set today, and must say that I'm totally impressed by it. It shows that Simon has put a lot of effort into all ingredients. The set has the cool feel 'n look of a true homebrew game with the chunky clamshell box (which will sit nicely next to the box of the oldest homebrew game, Cubicolor) and the arty box cover. The fact that there's actually two carts inside, along with some cool extras, makes the set extra special.

Is there nothing wrong at all then with this set? Well, maybe it's too bad the 2nd cartridge is in that nasty NTSC format. Hmm, perhaps if I keep it long enough inside the same box, the PAL cart will turn it over to the PAL side :grin:

I'll have to check out the game some more when I have the time, but the programming and gameplay appear to be a great job very well done too!

From a collectors point of view, this is a without a doubt a nice oddity to add to your cabinet of homebrews.

Cheers,

Marco

Has anyone looked at that video trailer? I downloaded it and its really 7 seconds, and its someone smashing what looks like an ET cart.

EDIT: Oh well thats odd, when I downloaded it the second time it was the trailer. Very odd!

Edited by 2600lover

Hi,

Has anyone looked at that video trailer? I downloaded it and its really 7 seconds, and its someone smashing what looks like an ET cart.

EDIT: Oh well thats odd, when I downloaded it the second time it was the trailer. Very odd!

The official link to the trailer at http://www.quernhorst.de/atari/ac.html still works fine - I just checked it once again...

@Marco: thanks for the very kind words. I really appreciate this judgement from one of the biggest collectors!! :)

As some people asked why I only released 55 copies of the limited edition, I just repeat the reason for this: the tracks of the soundtrack CD are copyright protected and I was only allowed to release up to 55 copies of the CD without having to pay royalties for the usage of the tracks.

Thanks,

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

as written before some people reserved a copy of the limited edition of A-VCS-tec Challenge, but didn't pay or answer any e-mails afterwards. Finally eight people failed to pay or reply to mails and I offered their copies to the people on my reservation list.

Unfortunately one of these reservation people failed to pay and answer mails, too.

This means that I have got one copy of the limited edition left for sale (serialnumber #49). The price is 55 Euro plus postage and more information can be found here: http://www.quernhorst.de/atari/ac.html

If you are interested then please send an e-mail to this address: simon.quernhorst@gmx.de and tell me your complete postal address. First to come...

Thanks,

Simon

• 1 month later...