IGNORED

Atari Shodown: Week IV - Atari 5200

Rhindle The Red

Atari Shodown: Week IV - Atari 5200  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite of the following Atari 5200 titles?

• Ballblazer
    • Berzerk
    • Bounty Bob
    • Dig Dug
    • Missile Command
    • Montezuma's Revenge
    • Pengo
    • Qix
    • Realsports Baseball
    • Rescue on Fractalus
    • Star Raiders

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

all are good games, but anybody who has played Real Sports Baseball cannot deny this game as the winner, regardless if they like sports games or not. This game is superb, and is the best sports game of this era period. The amount of effort put into this game and what it does on the 5200 is staggering. Hands down this game has to be the winner.

Realsports Baseball hands down.

All good titles listed, but Atari really did a better job on this game. you have dozens of different pitches at your disposal. the batting is superb also, you can swing high, low or in a straight swing. The controller usits this game well also. You dont need the sticks to center themselves for any moves. I play this game all the time and often 2-player as well.

I love Ballblazer but have only played it on the 7800. I thought about picking that one...but like I said, the 5200 has a way of making great games not so great due to the control and since I hadn't actually played it on a 5200 it wasn't an option.

I love Ballblazer but have only played it on the 7800. I thought about picking that one...but like I said, the 5200 has a way of making great games not so great due to the control and since I hadn't actually played it on a 5200 it wasn't an option.

Actually, BB on the 5200 is much better control-wise. Sicne its a "free-roaming" game in that it's not a maze, the controls are perfectly suited (IMO) as opposed to using the stiff tree-trunk 7800 controllers. Plus, you'll barely know thedifference graphics and gameplay waise.

Ballblazer is by far the best game out of these. Dig Dug is a close second for me; mostly for nostalgia. However, when Ballblazer came out, my brother and I would have epic battles. The Wico controllers are awesome for this game and allow maximum manueverability, and I think the scoring system is ingenious. The music just totally rocks. The game is fast-paced and it takes a lot of skill to really master it (in particular, thinking of the 3-pointer here)... I also like the storyline of a futuristic game...I have to admit that I actually wrote some Ballblazer "fanfic" when I was a kid. It just totally sucked me in.

I agree that the game is not nearly as good on the 7800. The Playstation edition is also an insult to the original.

When I first discovered emulation, it was because I wanted to play Ballblazer. In the days before PayPal and online registration, I actually sent an international check to England for the guy who wrote the Rainbow emulation program because I wanted it in full-screen. That's how much Ballblazer meant to me!

Vote Ballblazer, my fellow Terrans!

Also see: http://www.electriceggplant.com/ballblazer.html

whooo real sports baseball back in the lead.

c'mon people, vote baseball!!!!

i thought the baseball listing was a joke so i voted for that :D

HOW DARE YOU. lol no seriously. All the games on the list are great games and i too own Ballblazer and it is great. But when you take into consideration all the detail put into real sports baseball, its hard not to vote for it, even if your not a baseball fan. I was playing it yesterday and noticed that if you run on a fly ball and it's an out that it will alert you to tag up.

C"MON PEOPLE VOTE FOR BASEBALL!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO