IGNORED

Tooth Protectors

Derf

Geez, all this talk about shipping boxes, and what makes a proper collection. It makes for some pretty funny reading, for a second there I thought I stumbled into an autism chatroom.

Not trying to minimize autism in any way........but the comments are pretty humorous if you read them in a "Rain Man" voice.

If you care about this kinda stuff:

a REAL American Bomb box comes with a "Q.C. passed N" sticker on the box.

a REAL American Mangia' box comes with a sticker to indicate it's for use on an NTSC tv system.

Boxes without these indicators of the beloved North American origin should be considered stinking, worthless PAL shite ;)

Cheers,

Marco

Aren't all of the Bomb boxes just the same with two windows to see the manual inside?

I will answer this one for you with no, there is also a white (not silver) kind of BOMB box (a true European box), that has never been found in NTSC land. Most silver BOMB boxes that I have seen, don't have any sticker on them at all, it's always on the cart. I do have one box however, that has the same "Q.C. passed P" sticker on the box itself, but it's a box I purposely bought from Marco, to replace a ripped up box I had. ;)

He probably put the "P" sticker on the box. :D

Now back to the shipping containers, where is your Mythicon collection now, bitch? :ponder:

LOL

woah momma! :-o sempaidad US $2,202.78

Ummm, wow!

sempaidad $2202.78 (6 second snipe)

wonder007 $2177.78

buyatari $1200

If you care about this kinda stuff:

a REAL American Mangia' box comes with a sticker to indicate it's for use on an NTSC tv system.

Boxes without these indicators of the beloved North American origin should be considered stinking, worthless PAL shite ;)

Cheers,

Marco

Uh oh! All right, it's time for all those NTSC Mangia box owners to show their box with the NTSC stickers or admit they really have a European or Australian box :lolblue: . Same with your Bomb games...No "passed N" sticker implies it "could" be a reburned eprom inside, how would you ever know?

Ah that doesn't really matter, it's all just paper and cardboard and electrons. Does anyone care if their stuff is original or not? Just remember to laugh at ourselves and move on (RAIN MAN!). Is there a tongue-in-cheek or sarcasm emoticon?

reburned eprom inside, how would you ever know?

You can't reburn ROM's and nobody on this board has the ability to make new ROM's either. :ponder:

You have zero proof of that and I know that for a fact, I have seen a sealed BOMB game from Canada, without ANY stickers. :P

BTW, your Video Life is PAL, it doesn't have a sticker on the box. :rolling:

:ponder:

@Wonder007: I am very tempted to sell you my Tooth Protector's. LOL

You can't reburn ROM's and nobody on this board has the ability to make new ROM's either. :ponder:

Someone mentioned in another thread that Bomb games contain EPROMs and he seemed to imply he got that from you. Can't find the thread now, but I guess the above means that he was wrong.

You have zero proof of that and I know that for a fact, I have seen a sealed BOMB game from Canada, without ANY stickers. :P

Canada, bleh! They probably sold left over PAL boxes over there. Canada is like the N-American pirate country, with those silly games from Bit and Zellers! I have complete NTSC Bomb games from your good ole USA that have the "Q.C. passed N" sticker. The Mangia' box also came from the US, not lame old Canada.

BTW, your Video Life is PAL, it doesn't have a sticker on the box. :rolling:

:idea: Nope, if it were PAL, it would have a sticker stating it was for use with PAL and SECAM systems only.

A PAL Video Life would be darn cool BTW :D

@Wonder007: I am very tempted to sell you my Tooth Protector's. LOL

I think we should do him a favour instead, and tell him that game isn't worth that kind of money :cool:

Cheers,

Marco

In all seriousness - does anyone else feel that this was a LOT more money than it should have gone for?

Honestly, that would put Tooth Protectors in the top 5 (price-wise.)

However, I guess it makes sense - if Springer is going for over $300, it looks like everything CIB or better is going for more cake than normal...

Uggh! (as he feels his future earnings slip away...)

Yes, that would be a new one, reburning a ROM! But there seem to be growing numbers of people capable of burning an eprom. That makes buying a PAL Bomb game, removing the "passed P" sticker, and putting an NTSC eprom on a board and sticking that inside the shell very reasonable. Didn't Bomb make some boards already with a hex inverter and ready to be replaced with an eprom?

So:

no "passed N" sticker...suspect. EPROM inside, April fools!

"passed N" sticker on outside...excellent. NTSC ROM inside...most excellent!

Marco, you may have been thinking about this thread or another one about Telegames EPROMs:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83776

post-1335-1151008468_thumb.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This son of a bitch went for over $2200.00 and Wonder was going to go as high as $2100.00 YOU GUYS ARE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-o :-o :o

Wonder likes to bid rediculous amounts on items in hopes of guaranteeing himself the win. Unfortunately for him, somebody else used the same tactic and got stuck with a 2K+ item.

That's the danger of bidding like that. Imagine if Wonder's bid was 10K and this guy put in a 9K bid!

No need to update the 1K list of games though in my opinion.

Congrats to the seller if he gets paid!

Yes, that would be a new one, reburning a ROM! But there seem to be growing numbers of people capable of burning an eprom. That makes buying a PAL Bomb game, removing the "passed P" sticker, and putting an NTSC eprom on a board and sticking that inside the shell very reasonable. Didn't Bomb make some boards already with a hex inverter and ready to be replaced with an eprom?

So:

no "passed N" sticker...suspect. EPROM inside, April fools!

"passed N" sticker on outside...excellent. NTSC ROM inside...most excellent!

Marco, you may have been thinking about this thread or another one about Telegames EPROMs:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83776

I am afraid to tell you, that you can't reburn OTP EPROM's either. ;)

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This son of a bitch went for over $2200.00 and Wonder was going to go as high as $2100.00 YOU GUYS ARE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder likes to bid rediculous amounts on items in hopes of guaranteeing himself the win. Unfortunately for him, somebody else used the same tactic and got stuck with a 2K+ item.

That's the danger of bidding like that. Imagine if Wonder's bid was 10K and this guy put in a 9K bid!

But Adam bid $1200 on it himself though. :ponder:

Thanks! The guy has a flawless Ebay track record so it looks good. This guy just came out of nowhere! Believe me my jaw hit the desk when I saw the last seconds tick down. I had like 5 phone calls from all over the U.S. in disbelief!

:lol: You are doing a good job of misdirecting this. I never said reburn a ROM and never said reburn a OTP EPROM. How about this...is it possible to burn an EPROM and put it on a board? That is all I am trying to point out. I dunno, maybe you want to split hairs on that, too. Have at it! ;) Even with my limited knowledge of electronics and soldering, I think that is how homebrews are made.

:lol: You are doing a good job of misdirecting this. I never said reburn a ROM and never said reburn a OTP EPROM. How about this...is it possible to burn an EPROM and put it on a board? That is all I am trying to point out. I dunno, maybe you want to split hairs on that, too. Have at it! ;) Even with my limited knowledge of electronics and soldering, I think that is how homebrews are made.

I am not misdirecting anything, I am correcting you. ;) Besides, I don't want more people who don't know anything about ROM's/OTP's etc. to post stupid topics like "How can I re-program my BOMB cart, CincYnoTi said you could?".

Yes, if you have access to expensive equipment, you could make it look like the cart came from the factory that way. Question for you would be, why go through this huge effort on making a perfect fake (especially a BOMB cart)? For a $150 profit?

Now, if you could make fake styrofoam boxes with a little piece of glossy tape around it on the other hand. :ponder: :lolblue:

But Adam bid $1200 on it himself though. :ponder:

Another overly high bid, but his idea of an overly high bid.

I'm not saying I'm absolutely correct in my theory, but it is very possible.

I've done the same thing in the past, but I made sure my "insurance bid" wasn't going to burn me if the plan backfired ;)