IGNORED

rare nes carts?

I picked up about 50 nes carts the other day. I have a zelda one that is golden. Another one I have is dizzy. (also golden) are they worth anything?

Not really:

In addition, the plastic casing of the cartridge was gold just like the box instead of the usual gray, making it seem special from the very beginning. It was later re-released in a gray cartridge in 1990.

A lot of illegal carts later copied the Zelda design in an attempt to make their titles seem more interesting. The Dizzy cart might be worth something if it's rare, but the casing is definitely not an indicator of its value.

Crap! I'm trying to get money so I can preorder a wii!

are any of these other titles I found rare?

Superspike v'ball

Wolverine

Harlem Globetrotters

Legacy of the wizard

Tiny Toon Adventures

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Pin Bot

Stealth a.t.f

Batman Return of the joker

X men

Yoshi

Donkey Kong 3

Pro Wrestling

Batman the video game

NES Open tournament golf

Mickey Mouse Capade

Ice Climber

Silent Service

Kings of the Beach

Starwars (JVC)

Super Mario Bros./Duck hunt/World Class Track Meet

Also on the back of my dizzy cart there is an empty insert on the back. Can anyone tell me what chip goes with the cart?

Thanks,

The majority of NES carts aren't all that rare (resale price wise), i've found. Some of the highly desired games are really rare and therefore more valuable, like the games put out by Panesian (Hot Slots, Peekaboo Poker, Bubble Bath Babes) and unlicensed multi-carts like the Caltron 6-in-1 and the Myriad 6-in-1. Also the Nintendo World Championship 1990 carts. Those are about the only game carts (non-prototypes) I can think of that ever go for a lot of money at auction off the top of my head. But then, i'm not really an expert on NES games, and i'm really not an expert about eBay auctions. That Dizzy game is kind of rare, but it's resale value isn't all that high. According to DP's rarity guide, it's only worth $10 loose, even though it's a rarity 7.

I think trying to find NES games that are worth a lot at auction is going to be difficult. There's only a small amount of games that bring in the really big bucks, and they're incredibly hard to find in the wild. Although I did recently find a Myriad 6-in-1 at my local flea market! So anything's possible.

Edited by SteveW

Crap! I'm trying to get money so I can preorder a wii!

are any of these other titles I found rare?

Superspike v'ball

Wolverine

Harlem Globetrotters

Legacy of the wizard

Tiny Toon Adventures

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Pin Bot

Stealth a.t.f

Batman Return of the joker

X men

Yoshi

Donkey Kong 3

Pro Wrestling

Batman the video game

NES Open tournament golf

Mickey Mouse Capade

Ice Climber

Silent Service

Kings of the Beach

Starwars (JVC)

Super Mario Bros./Duck hunt/World Class Track Meet

Also on the back of my dizzy cart there is an empty insert on the back. Can anyone tell me what chip goes with the cart?

Thanks,

How is the condition of the Donkey Kong 3 one?

I picked up about 50 nes carts the other day. I have a zelda one that is golden. Another one I have is dizzy. (also golden) are they worth anything?

Not really:

In addition, the plastic casing of the cartridge was gold just like the box instead of the usual gray, making it seem special from the very beginning. It was later re-released in a gray cartridge in 1990.
A lot of illegal carts later copied the Zelda design in an attempt to make their titles seem more interesting. The Dizzy cart might be worth something if it's rare, but the casing is definitely not an indicator of its value.

Please don't propagate the lies of 1980's-era Nintendo.

unauthorized != illegal (especially pre-DMCA)

The 400-in-1 multicarts from China were illegal. The Camerica, Color Dreams, and Tengen carts were merely unauthorized (except for Tetris, and that involved a dispute over who had the rights.)

The gold Zelda I cart is definitely more common than the gray re-release.

Most of the Camerica carts were gold, but somtimes they were silver. The one that's most desirable is probably Micromachines, because it was a pretty good game. And that hole in the back is probably where the switch goes on some variations of the lockout bypass circuit.

The rarest NES cart is...........Tetris by Tengen

This cart alone regulary goes for over $1000

really? can you find any recent auctions even close to that $1000 price mark?

because if they go for $1000 i will to sell mine, which i paid $65 for

I'm willing to bet that has never happened. It's not nearly as rare as people make it out to be. Check eBay to see that it goes for maybe $40

I think you have been trolled. :D

(You Have Lost. Have A Nice Day.)

I think you have been trolled. :D

(You Have Lost. Have A Nice Day.)

heh this is what happens when you dont visit the site for 3 years, you just dont know people anymore :D

Please don't propagate the lies of 1980's-era Nintendo.

unauthorized != illegal (especially pre-DMCA)

You have me on a technicality. The Tengen carts were illegal in that they replicated Nintendo's patented lockout chip without permission. Most other carts were merely unauthorized because they pulled tricks like spiking the voltage to take out the chip. :)

Yeah, that's one of the least rare games for the system. I'm still kicking myself over paying 6 dollars for it. My advice to you is to find someone who doesn't know anything about Nintendo and thinks that every game is rare. I think the system is still trendy enough that new people are buying them or rediscovering them. All hope is not lost.

Yeah, that's one of the least rare games for the system. I'm still kicking myself over paying 6 dollars for it. My advice to you is to find someone who doesn't know anything about Nintendo and thinks that every game is rare. I think the system is still trendy enough that new people are buying them or rediscovering them. All hope is not lost.

thats a real good idea!

I know this kid who my son plays with. He barely knows a thing about the classics but he think he knows everything about them! (lol he think that n64 was the first nintendo.............ever) I'll sell him the golden carts for a crap load of money!

The majority of NES carts aren't all that rare (resale price wise), i've found. Some of the highly desired games are really rare and therefore more valuable, like the games put out by Panesian (Hot Slots, Peekaboo Poker, Bubble Bath Babes) and unlicensed multi-carts like the Caltron 6-in-1 and the Myriad 6-in-1. Also the Nintendo World Championship 1990 carts. Those are about the only game carts (non-prototypes) I can think of that ever go for a lot of money at auction off the top of my head. But then, i'm not really an expert on NES games, and i'm really not an expert about eBay auctions. That Dizzy game is kind of rare, but it's resale value isn't all that high. According to DP's rarity guide, it's only worth $10 loose, even though it's a rarity 7.

I think trying to find NES games that are worth a lot at auction is going to be difficult. There's only a small amount of games that bring in the really big bucks, and they're incredibly hard to find in the wild. Although I did recently find a Myriad 6-in-1 at my local flea market! So anything's possible.

You are totally correct. I managed to collect a complete AUTHORIZED Nintendo collection at an average of 3.32 per game. Of course a few were more and a few were less but I kept track of all the prices and this was my average. The only ones that set me back were Little Samson, Dinosaur Peak and Bubble Bobble 2 but they were still all under 50 bucks. Now if you are talking about the Un-Licensed ones thats a different world for some of them. I am glad I went to only Atari collecting before I started buying those ones. BTW-I never counted Stadium Events or Nintendo World Championships as games.