IGNORED

Help with coin units and cabinet holes

Heavy Sixer

I recently acquired a Xevious machine and Samurai Nihon-Ichi in a Kangaroo cabinet. They're in decent shape, but they need some work (couldn't pass them up for $75 and $35!). I have a couple of questions, and I was hoping someone here could help...

The Xevious machine has a couple of holes in the front of the unit, near the front doors. One of the holes is small and appears to have been bored through for some unknown reason, and the other is slightly larger, but has a lot of material chipped away around it on the front side. Any recommendations on how to fill these? Would wood putty work? Also, what kind of paint should I use to cover the filling afterward (type, brand, exact shade of black used on Atari cabinets???)

On the other machine, the coin units don't accept quarters. The quarter gets stopped near the top, and then has to be ejected. The trip bar at the bottom works (adds credits) when moved manually, but the quarter just doesn't get there. Any ideas? BTW, there are some kind of electromagnets in sockets on each mechanism; I'm assuming these are mods for arcade tokens (?). I removed one, but the quarter still didn't go through.

Forgive my ignorance of such things, but I'm learning as I go. Any help would be appreciated.

HEAVY***6***er